The Impact of Covid on Spurs & Football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good post.

I'm ashamed to be in that category.
Don't know about anyone else, particularly those you have been going regularly for years but I'm really starting to reconsider my role as a fan.

I still love football, but might be better placed supporting my local non-league team instead.
The thing with me is that it's not football that I love, it's Tottenham. So if Tottenham didn't exist, I'd knock football on the head.

At this point I am kind of hoping that majority of the public give up on football at the top levels and walk away leaving the greedy owners , chairman , agents and footballers high and dry

Fans have always justified paying the exorbitant ticket prices by claiming they simply could not break the habit of going and supporting their team and watching a football match , well everyone is having to do that right now and will have to for the foreseeable future

Clear proof that we can survive without football

Won’t happen though , people will all come rushing back the day football starts up again while conveniently forgetting the disgusting behaviour Football has shown
Very true. & in fact people wear it as a badge of honour & boast about it. "I will always turn up & support the boys, no matter what. That's just the kind of guy I am. I will always love this club. I bleed (insert clubs colours). Anyone boycotting the club can piss off. We don't need you fairweather supporters. We need more fans like me. Did I mention I am a better fan than all of you!! :mourbringit:

Very true. & in fact people wear it as a badge of honour & boast about it. "I will always turn up & support the boys, no matter what. That's just the kind of guy I am. I will always love this club. I bleed (insert clubs colours). Anyone boycotting the club can piss off. We don't need you fairweather supporters. We need more fans like me. Did I mention I am a better fan than all of you!! :mourbringit:,
What do you think will happen if everyone boycotts the club?

By that I mean everyone, not one person buying a ticket for games etc

What do you think will happen if everyone boycotts the club?

By that I mean everyone, not one person buying a ticket for games etc
It could be a new enlightenment, and that could make or break football, set a level decency, erode the presence of the corrupt billionaire.
If the Berlin wall can come down then there is always hope no matter how unlikely.
Keep safe brother

It could be a new enlightenment, and that could make or break football, set a level decency, erode the presence of the corrupt billionaire.
If the Berlin wall can come down then there is always hope no matter how unlikely.
Keep safe brother
Or we could go out of business.

Nobody turns up, we have to sell players, slip down the leagues, Levy decides he'll get more for the land than the club, sells to a developer.

The thing with me is that it's not football that I love, it's Tottenham. So if Tottenham didn't exist, I'd knock football on the head.
Now this is interesting but on balance no. I do love "Football" at it's best it's an electrifying spectacle of power, skill , geometry and magic. As I write these words I recall being a very small boy and running into the front room as my father (long dead and much missed) celebrated as that Brazilian team of 1982 bewitched. That had nothing to do with my obsession with Spurs, but it was real and glorious. I feel that less and less but anyone who did not spend the month between the Ajax semi final and the final grinning innanely probably never was hooked.

Very true. & in fact people wear it as a badge of honour & boast about it. "I will always turn up & support the boys, no matter what. That's just the kind of guy I am. I will always love this club. I bleed (insert clubs colours). Anyone boycotting the club can piss off. We don't need you fairweather supporters. We need more fans like me. Did I mention I am a better fan than all of you!! :mourbringit:

If you & the likes of your chums had your way; we'd be fucked right now anyway.

C19 making a mug of you.

Keep safe brother

Anything but having been run responsibly all along... Amirite champ? :freundgoal:

Now this is interesting but on balance no. I do love "Football" at it's best it's an electrifying spectacle of power, skill , geometry and magic. As I write these words I recall being a very small boy and running into the front room as my father (long dead and much missed) celebrated as that Brazilian team of 1982 bewitched. That had nothing to do with my obsession with Spurs, but it was real and glorious. I feel that less and less but anyone who did not spend the month between the Ajax semi final and the final grinning innanely probably never was hooked.
I can enjoy a really good game as a neutral but so very few games live up to their billing. The game is played by cynics and run by power-mad despots.
Yes, I was on Cloud 9 when we qualified for the CL final, but I was miserable for months after - not sure I'm over it yet. The only reason I put up with the crap is because I love Tottenham, I wouldn't put myself through all the grief for any other team.

I can enjoy a really good game as a neutral but so very few games live up to their billing. The game is played by cynics and run by power-mad despots.
Yes, I was on Cloud 9 when we qualified for the CL final, but I was miserable for months after - not sure I'm over it yet. The only reason I put up with the crap is because I love Tottenham, I wouldn't put myself through all the grief for any other team.

I think my interest in football has faded quite a bit.

When I was younger I’d watch every game I could, regardless of who was playing. Used to love Football Italia. Now I won’t even bother watching England unless it’s in the Euros or World Cup, and I certainly don’t watch any club games not featuring Spurs.

I don’t mind going to watch Bristol City play every now and then, but that’s more about the day out with friends.

Not entirely sure what your beef is, I suggest if you're in the footballer salary hater group then you're on the wrong forum and question why you like football.

I clearly stated PRO footballer, not PL footballer. Even a lot of premier league footballers aren't on tens of thousands a week and those guys will be finished at around 30-35
I'd like to see how someone on £5k a week does for the next 50-60 years with no main income
My beef is with player wages. Transfers that don't reflect the quality of a player and players not beeing held accountable. Accountable for not winning. Not appearing because they are unfit or injured or just running to the media and creating a bad atmosphere when they feel wrong done by. I am on my tits end with football.

This is a very sentimental post. You would pay to go see a team just because you love them. No matter what they did?

My beef is with player wages. Transfers that don't reflect the quality of a player and players not beeing held accountable. Accountable for not winning. Not appearing because they are unfit or injured or just running to the media and creating a bad atmosphere when they feel wrong done by. I am on my tits end with football.

You have a problem with players not appearing when they are injured?

Back
Top Bottom