The Impact of Covid on Spurs & Football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At this point I am kind of hoping that majority of the public give up on football at the top levels and walk away leaving the greedy owners , chairman , agents and footballers high and dry

Fans have always justified paying the exorbitant ticket prices by claiming they simply could not break the habit of going and supporting their team and watching a football match , well everyone is having to do that right now and will have to for the foreseeable future

Clear proof that we can survive without football

Won’t happen though , people will all come rushing back the day football starts up again while conveniently forgetting the disgusting behaviour Football has shown

I Honestly don’t think this will happen. There are talks of testing kits coming in to test fans buying tickets. If you are deemed well, you are allowed to go and mix in with crowds. This social distancing won’t last that long and we certainly won’t be playing behind closed doors for 18 months.

I can’t see how that would work. We can’t even test our NHS staff. How are we going to test hundreds of thousands of fans across the country? Do they all have to wait 15 minutes to get their results?

Even if the test was a few days before the game it would have to be for those who have already had it. No point having someone test negative for the virus hours or days before they go to a game.

The only people who could go to games would be those proven to have had it and recovered. There’s so many more people that need those tests compared to football fans.

30790785b17367b9f94ab519f1e4d3e0.gif

Last time I checked the staff weren't sacked tho. They were Furloughed.

You're right. Thanks for refining my comment....

Which is so that they do not have to fire them.

I'm not saying that the players should not chip in and that the directors should not chip in more (they have already taken 20% pay cuts). But we haven't fired our staff. The ground staff/those that cannot work from home are furloughed and the rest are working from home.

I maintain that there is no just cause for ANYONE to be furloughed at this filthy rich level of football. This hastily cobbled together support scheme isn't an endless pot of free money.... It's there to save businesses from going to the wall; not to save blue-chip businesses a few quid in difficult times.

Last edited:
Apropos of nothing, Joe Lewis and all other cunt billionaire tax exiles could start by actually contributing something to the greater good of the countries that made them.

Fucking leeches

Good post.

I'm ashamed to be in that category.
Don't know about anyone else, particularly those you have been going regularly for years but I'm really starting to reconsider my role as a fan.

I still love football, but might be better placed supporting my local non-league team instead.
The thing with me is that it's not football that I love, it's Tottenham. So if Tottenham didn't exist, I'd knock football on the head.

I really can't understand why premier league think they are so important and want to restart the season.

Yes they are multi billion pound industry but so is tourism in UK, so is the UK pub industry, so is the aviation industry, so is the UK high street, so is the hoteliers ... etc and etc.

Please someone tell the premier league, UK PLC won't go bust if there is no top flight football.

This crap about playing at neutral grounds is totally unacceptable.
How is it fair that teams don't get home advantage in equal number of games.
It's all so the candle burners can win the league.
Void it now fuck the bin dippers

When I first read the article with the comments from the PFA, my initial thought was that this might turn the general public against players in a big way that is detrimental to the sport.

I shan't be heartbroken if it does....

For a long time now the richer end of the game has been defended on the basis of supply & demand and 'well we generate X so we deserve Y'; yet there's a blatant reluctance to see it as a 2 way street and this only serves to justify the prior criticism all along.

That is shocking if they don’t. As you next post says, their wages have been justify on supply and demand, well there is no supply anymore and the world is in crisis.

If they are so keen on the NHS they can take a 30% pay cut then donate another 30% to the NHS, they will still be able to live off the remain 40K a week.

At the end of this crisis celebrities, footballers and billionaires will end up looking like a bunch of lowlife scumbags and the public will not wince or defend them if they are taxed to high heaven and are not given the privileges they are used to.

That is shocking if they don’t. As you next post says, their wages have been justify on supply and demand, well there is no supply anymore and the world is in crisis.

If they are so keen on the NHS they can take a 30% pay cut then donate another 30% to the NHS, they will still be able to live off the remain 40K a week.

At the end of this crisis celebrities, footballers and billionaires will end up looking like a bunch of lowlife scumbags and the public will not wince or defend them if they are taxed to high heaven and are not given the privileges they are used to.
the greedy footballers are getting the stick and right so along with film stars, pop stars the lot of them they worship money and the lifestyle that we afford them, they’re threatened and their true colours shine through they only care about one thing and it’s themselves hope everyone remembers this. Nobody’s mentioned the parasites lurking behind the celebrities/footballers......agents they’re the worst when it comes to grabbing the money and doing very little to earn it.

It feels so easy to go after mostly working class lads who have essentially won the lotto.

Branson could easily afford to fund his firms and give the nhs millions upon millions and he would still be incredibly rich and yet the tories arent calling him out.

What about joe Lewis? Worth 4 billion is a tax exile , is he going to give up his wealth? I dont see the health secretary having a go at him.

One of the reasons I'm so wound up at spurs ' actions is because at a time like this people like lewis and levy should be stepping up and supporting society. They have done the exact opposite whilst throwing their employees under the bus.

My beef is with player wages. Transfers that don't reflect the quality of a player and players not beeing held accountable. Accountable for not winning. Not appearing because they are unfit or injured or just running to the media and creating a bad atmosphere when they feel wrong done by. I am on my tits end with football.

For me it’s VAR. It’s completely ruined watching the game live at the stadium. Takes all the spontaneity out of celebrating goals because you don’t know if they’ll be given or not. There’s always a doubt even it’s clear cut.

There should definitely be no European football next season. Travel issues, movement of people etc it's just too soon. Take a fucking break. It's all about money fucking money :mourfacepalm:

OK, so I said that there was no way we'd play again this season. I was wrong. Stupidity and greed won.

The impact on football, for me at least, is that my negative emotions outweigh my love of the club and the sport. We've let everyone down and we've let the greedy bastards win.

But as long as it's not your family, right?

I'm ashamed of this country. Not of this club. It has very little choice and the players have none (career > risk). But accepting 500 avoidable deaths a day is cuntbaggery of the highest order. This isn't Flu. It's not fucking FLU, it's a 1 in 10 chance of death for anyone going to hospital. Even if it were only 1 death a day, if that was your mum. Would that be acceptable? Tough luck, eh?

Fuck everyone who thought this was acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom