The Impact of Covid on Spurs & Football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That is shocking if they don’t. As you next post says, their wages have been justify on supply and demand, well there is no supply anymore and the world is in crisis.

If they are so keen on the NHS they can take a 30% pay cut then donate another 30% to the NHS, they will still be able to live off the remain 40K a week.

At the end of this crisis celebrities, footballers and billionaires will end up looking like a bunch of lowlife scumbags and the public will not wince or defend them if they are taxed to high heaven and are not given the privileges they are used to.
the greedy footballers are getting the stick and right so along with film stars, pop stars the lot of them they worship money and the lifestyle that we afford them, they’re threatened and their true colours shine through they only care about one thing and it’s themselves hope everyone remembers this. Nobody’s mentioned the parasites lurking behind the celebrities/footballers......agents they’re the worst when it comes to grabbing the money and doing very little to earn it.

the greedy footballers are getting the stick and right so along with film stars, pop stars the lot of them they worship money and the lifestyle that we afford them, they’re threatened and their true colours shine through they only care about one thing and it’s themselves hope everyone remembers this. Nobody’s mentioned the parasites lurking behind the celebrities/footballers......agents they’re the worst when it comes to grabbing the money and doing very little to earn it.

There are some wonderful kind footballer as with every walk of life but the culture is one of agents and money. The good footballers need to make sure they fight to do the right thing even if it is just behind the scenes so that the right decision is made.

I think a lot of people will turn off from football unless it shows it is part of society.

There are some wonderful kind footballer as with every walk of life but the culture is one of agents and money. The good footballers need to make sure they fight to do the right thing even if it is just behind the scenes so that the right decision is made.

I think a lot of people will turn off from football unless it shows it is part of society.
Yeah they’re are good ones that that know they are privileged and do good can’t remember his name played for the dippers Dutch guy think he funded schools in africa? Unfortunately they are exception to the rule though Ronaldo does he not donate to charities regularly from his earnings?

Pefectly put... The opulence of the game hasn't sat well with me for many years..... I'm teetering right now.

The footballers response was exactly what I expected.

Owners are cutting low paid staff wages or getting the government to pay them, owners are even richer than the footballers, so footballers take that as an opportunity to say why should we bail you out? You have more money than us.

Spurs and newcastle in their eagerness to be wankers cut their nose off to spite their face as now I bet players are thinking fuck you I'm not helping if you're behaving that way.

Clubs should have got together with players and relevant authorities way before they started making these cuts. As I've said over and over again, not paying the shop staff isnt going to save a club but what it will do is give your already untrusting players an excuse not to help..

The clubs need the players to take a wage cut , no teo ways about it. If they dont clubs will go under. But the clubs should never have shown their hands to be greedy before the players do so.

Our boss lives on a £250m yacht and sold a painting for £70m. Worth over £4billion. Interest payment on the stadium £20m a year.

If push really comes to shove theI Think we will be fine.

Overall. Can imagine players pay may be most affected going forward.

As for us. Paying £62m for Ndombele and £200k per week wages the biggest mistake Spurs have made recently. Cannot see us repeating that.

Better scouting system - maybe take a much better look at Lower leagues - and reliance on youth policy has to be the clubs strategy if they just want to save money.

Winks, Skipp, Tanganga, Parrott. Net spend £0. Current Wages? £100k a week for all 4? Players like Harry (and Dele in a way) through the ranks become bigger earners with higher transfer values.
KWP etc. Players we develop and sell to keep the academy running.

That’s the way forward. Trophies don’t matter to us.
Arguable if CL really matters in the future. Who knows what will happen - maybe the planned European super league moves a bit closer.

That is shocking if they don’t. As you next post says, their wages have been justify on supply and demand, well there is no supply anymore and the world is in crisis.

If they are so keen on the NHS they can take a 30% pay cut then donate another 30% to the NHS, they will still be able to live off the remain 40K a week.

At the end of this crisis celebrities, footballers and billionaires will end up looking like a bunch of lowlife scumbags and the public will not wince or defend them if they are taxed to high heaven and are not given the privileges they are used to.
The PFA is saying 30% wage cut equals £500m and the tax loss to the treasury is £200m, this is BS because most if not all high paid players do not pay 40% tax as they use loop holes.
Why doesn't the PFA accept 30% pay reduction on the condition clubs donates X amount to the NHS.
PFA are making excuses for their own benefit which will drive clubs out of business.

I am really starting to hate football.

Our boss lives on a £250m yacht and sold a painting for £70m. Worth over £4billion. Interest payment on the stadium £20m a year.

Arguable if CL really matters in the future. Who knows what will happen - maybe the planned European super league moves a bit closer.
Absolutely trophies are for wimps.

Last edited:
The PFA is saying 30% wage cut equals £500m and the tax loss to the treasury is £200m, this is BS because most if not all high paid players do not pay 40% tax as they use loop holes.
Why doesn't the PFA accept 30% pay reduction on the condition clubs donates X amount to the NHS.
PFA are making excuses for their own benefit which will drive clubs out of business.

I am really starting to hate football.

it’s a different world. Once you have £10m in the bank, a house, a car and have paid lots of money to your family what more do you need.

There are football clubs that will go bankrupt on the back of this and wages are the primary expense. Rugby players have already accepted a cut and they earn normal wages for the most part.

Heard some saying why don’t MP’s take a pay cut which is nonsense. Firstly they are still doing their jobs and secondly what MP get £100K a week for being an MP.

The lack of insight is amazing.

Already had a lasting impact for me. Has shown some of these rich, pampered footballers up for the utter greedy cunts they are.

Not an independent bit of altruism among them. Hiding behind the PFA, talking shite about taxes, and the old 'what about the other rich buggers' chestnut.

How about doing your fucking part, how about doing something yourself without being told, how about not worrying about what other greedy cunts are doing and do your own thing?

Sick of the lot of them quite frankly. Everyday, working class people around my neighborhood have been far more generous and helpful than all these twats combined in the last few weeks.

Absolutely trophies are for wimps.
31db-deduction-web-superJumbo-v2.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-10-06-at-10.21.44.png

Overall. Can imagine players pay may be most affected going forward.

As for us. Paying £62m for Ndombele and £200k per week wages the biggest mistake Spurs have made recently. Cannot see us repeating that.

Better scouting system - maybe take a much better look at Lower leagues - and reliance on youth policy has to be the clubs strategy if they just want to save money.

Winks, Skipp, Tanganga, Parrott. Net spend £0. Current Wages? £100k a week for all 4? Players like Harry (and Dele in a way) through the ranks become bigger earners with higher transfer values.
KWP etc. Players we develop and sell to keep the academy running.

Your right trophies don't matter to the club but a club of our size and revenue stream it should matter.

it’s a different world. Once you have £10m in the bank, a house, a car and have paid lots of money to your family what more do you need.

There are football clubs that will go bankrupt on the back of this and wages are the primary expense. Rugby players have already accepted a cut and they earn normal wages for the most part.

Heard some saying why don’t MP’s take a pay cut which is nonsense. Firstly they are still doing their jobs and secondly what MP get £100K a week for being an MP.

The lack of insight is amazing.
£10m isn’t much these days. Such a stupid thing to say, but you’d only be the poorest rich person in a country of rich people.

Couple of million on a house. A few more to your family. A few more in accounts for the kids. Probably 50 years to live after you’ve retired. Doesn’t go as far as it should.

Obviously it’s enough to live very very comfortably on, but if a player can make more, I’m fine with it.

£10m isn’t much these days. Such a stupid thing to say, but you’d only be the poorest rich person in a country of rich people.

Couple of million on a house. A few more to your family. A few more in accounts for the kids. Probably 50 years to live after you’ve retired. Doesn’t go as far as it should.

Obviously it’s enough to live very very comfortably on, but if a player can make more, I’m fine with it.

You fine with it if some of the premier league clubs go into administration because of the black hole in their finance which is what could easily happen.

Go after billionaires not just millionaires. I think that's the players' point and it's a very fair one.

I think people are misunderstanding or misrepresenting (or maybe I am feel free to correct me). They're not saying the money should come from the club's finances. But from the pockets of the owners. That is absolutely the right thing to do.

But footballers are in the spotlight and many in the media/society see them as overpaid idiots with single digit brain cells whilst simultaneously being jealous that they're young, rich, athletic and worshipped. No let's not write articles about our fellow tax dodging private school m8s, hedge fund fucks, Tory donor scumbags etc, let's go after these working class background footballer cunts instead.

People want footballers to pay money because there are people in very shit situations who need help and footballers have lots of money.
Makes sense right?

Imagine making even richer people give their money.

You fine with it if some of the premier league clubs go into administration because of the black hole in their finance which is what could easily happen.
Generally fine with it, in normal circumstances. But I’ve said several times that every top earner, be it footballer or otherwise, should play a large part in ensuring our economic future due to these abnormal circumstances.

In reality, would I miss Sheffield United or Watford if they no longer existed? Probably not.

Back
Top Bottom