The Mighty Spurs - Etihad FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This game was better than a lot of the hammerings the last couple of season, in many respects. Kinda weird though. I felt the game was better. The score wasn't that much different from the usual score. But the ref, even though poor, only gifted them two of the four goals. The two last penalties was correct, the red card was correct. Our penalty shouldn't have been one.

Eriksen played his best game of the season. Soldado his best game in the club. I'm just so sad for the latter, that he didn't convert the penalty. If he did, this game could have given him a much needed confidence boost. Now it may just reinforce the negativity :(
I'd agree to a certain point. The first goal should to have been allowed as Lampard was in an offside position and interfering with play as he was clearly in the line of sight of the keeper and jumped out of the way. He knew it that's why he held his hand up and looked at the linesman.
The penalty was not a penalty, Simple. Lampard dived.
As for the Fazio one, are fouls not meant to be intentional? Aguero was very clever running across him making contact with Fazio's arm. It looked as though Fazio pulled him down, but watch it from behind the goal and you can see it was not. It is not a sending off, as it was not a goalscoring opportunity, and he was not the last man.
Moss was behind both, so was conned.
The only penalty of their's that was was Kaboul's. Even then you have to say there was no intent to bring down the player, and contact my have been made with the ball. Like I said before, they have players very astute at this.
Man City have finished in the top 5 of penalties for since 2008 ( 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 3rd & 5th). Chelsea and Man City get more penalties at home than all top 4 teams.
They have had 53 pens since 2004(48 at home). Chelsea have had 56 ( 40 at home) , Liverpool 63. Woolwich 53, Man U 64. We have had 49.

We played ok. Better than we have for a while against them. Just remember they are light years ahead(along with Chelsea) for obvious reasons. They didn't steamroller over us.
Aguero is out of out league. We are not owned by an Arab. Lmaprd should not have even been playing. They signed him surreptitiously ffs...bought him without Man City having to enter it i the out column. Watch their US Franchise buy more players to be 'loaned' to Man City in the future.

The signs are good. However, the players we have are not quite good enough for the top two. Either in terms of class or astuteness at simulation. Simple as. There is a massive gulf that has been achieved unfairly and not on merit and I'm afraid that's what the EPL and the governing bodies have allowed to happen. It's too far gone for it to ever change.
Until we either get really lucky, produce some gems and have an extraordinary season , or get bought out by one of the remaining Arab states or a Russian gas/oil rich oligarch we will not be able to compete.

Honestly I'm a little sickened how so close to the end of the game we have people coming on here using the scoreline to try and prove their pathetic little points. I am really questioning if some people prefer to be proved right than see Tottenham win.

Oh fuck off. I made my points before the game. Playing the holier than though martyr is typical from people in denial of their footballing opinions which backfire almost every fucking week.

You're not sickened at all. Just embarrassed.

Ok I will break this down for you, Townsend hasn't had much time in the Prem this season like Fazio, so as you give me a stat saying he hasn't had a goal or assist in his limited appearances I told you a stat that you would like that Fazio has 1 Premier League start and 1 red card, now because you brought Townsend up how many minutes has he played in the BPL?

I was talking about Townsends entire spurs career. Not this season. So that's another lolcat backfire.

Let me break it down for you since you were so patronizing: Townsend didn't get a single prem assist or a single goal from any of his shots last season or this season. Hence my confusion of Poch bringing him on when we needed to score.

I was talking about Townsends entire spurs career. Not this season. So that's another lolcat backfire.

Let me break it down for you since you were so patronizing: Townsend didn't get a single prem assist or a single goal from any of his shots last season or this season. Hence my confusion of Poch bringing him on when we needed to score.
He had a goal last season though? So your stats are good aint they? I broke it down for you well though with real stats not a made up stat that only you want to believe "So that's another lolcat backfire."

He had a goal last season though? So your stats are good aint they? I broke it down for you well though with real stats not a made up stat that only you want to believe "So that's another lolcat backfire."

From a scuffed cross. Not a shot. And he took almost 60.

So no goals from shots, AND no assists. Which is why you bringing up the sending off was a head scratcher when it was roses header that left us scrambling.

All 3 penalties were penalties, sending off is maybe debatable, but understandable. Aguero vs soldado settled it Aguero 4 soldado 0
Did you watch the game? Lampard throwing himself over Lamela without having even had any contact with the ball.. That's not a penalty. The Kaboul foul on Silva was definitely a penalty, the final foul by Fazio was a penalty. I don't see where this is relevant to the point I was making? City were awarded 2 goals they shouldn't have had.

From a scuffed cross. Not a shot. And he took almost 60.

So no goals from shots, AND no assists. Which is why you bringing up the sending off was a head scratcher when it was roses header that left us scrambling.
How do you know this spoke to him have you? And it doesn't matter how many shots he has he scored when you said he hasn't that is a fact. You're always on here moaning are you really that unhappy with your life that you have to moan about something to make you feel better?

Seriously... What the hell do you mean by that?

Want me to spell it out? You know full well how posters are going to react. Why act saddened and surprised when posters maintain thier stances they have always had?

You just want to moan about posters to avoid you having a mare, spending all week telling me how solid Rose is. I told you many times the impact of Rose can have on centerbacks stability.

God forbid you take it on the chin and and grudgingly admit I have a point.

How do you know this spoke to him have you? You're always on here moaning are you really that unhappy with your life that you have to moan about something to make you feel better?

Yes. He spoke to me during an interview seconds after the game where he laughed and admitted it was a cross. Through the tv.

How many backfires do you want? I am obsessed with Spurs. Stay down.

Back
Top Bottom