The Mighty Spurs - Etihad FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No wonder you want to avoid it. This week you were taking the piss out of me claiming Rose throws our centerbacks under the bus. My exact words.

A red card is flashed in your face, new cb sent off on prem debut and you won't be a man. Instead you call me out for being negative? That's a bitch move.
Ooh sorry me for not being a man and arguing on the internet... Sorry guys :pochbye:

On reflection, that has to be the most encouraging 4-1 defeat ive ever seen. Cant pick anyone out who had a bag game other than Erik, and on another day when Hart doesnt save that penalty and the chance straight afterwards we may have got something out of it.

sammyspurs sammyspurs You want to be in the 'I know everything about Spurs from far away' camp, but you come over as something entirely different - a bloke that delights in other peoples misery - someone who has been away for so long - you have forgotten what this feels like.

My thoughts:

- Mason. Wow. Didn't think he should start and I was wrong. He's the player we need and he's Spurs through and through.
- Soldado. This is the type of game I've been wanting to see out of him for some time. He was setting up the plays and Hart had two killer saves.
- Fazio. I wouldn't have started him today, but I understand the point of "throwing him into the deep end."
- Eriksen. Looks like he's going to be back to last years form fairly soon.
- Lamela. He had a solid start, but I think that his costly mistakes got to him and he dug himself into a hole. I honestly don't know why he played past the half.

We started off so well, and I'm truly disappointed that it ended in the manner that it did. The last ten minutes really did annoy me. I know that the ref was terrible, but we just stopped caring. Townsend sent in an excellent cross and no one was there to receive it. Granted, we couldn't win, but we could have minimized the destruction of our GD.

My mind is already on the next game, and I want to see Soldado start against Newcastle.

On reflection, that has to be the most encouraging 4-1 defeat ive ever seen. Cant pick anyone out who had a bag game other than Erik, and on another day when Hart doesnt save that penalty and the chance straight afterwards we may have got something out of it.

I can't disagree with the points you make but, although I think the first goal was offside, the first pen was more than soft, we missed a penalty, the red card wasn't a red as he was not on the ball at the time so anything could've happened etc etc, it still comes down to the same-old-same-old....we were thrashed. 4-1 flattered them but so what, it's now another beating from one of last year's top 4. Scum struggled against us twice last year and we got a point this time but, we've already been done 3-0 and 4-1 by an average Liverpool and a below their best City. Doesn't matter about all the dramas and ifs and buts, we always find a way to get beaten!!!!

sammyspurs sammyspurs You want to be in the 'I know everything about Spurs from far away' camp, but you come over as something entirely different - a bloke that delights in other peoples misery - someone who has been away for so long - you have forgotten what this feels like.

I delight in Tottenham doing well.

I dont give a fuck what some forum cretins are feeling like. Some people got what they asked for.....and the club suffered.

I'll try not to overreact...looks like we got the wrong Southampton manager at the moment, positions at the end of the season will tell us whether that's factual or not.

Just a percecption. They are happier with Soldados performance today than Ades against Southampton.

Thats weird to me.
Sorry to sound like a cunt, but you need to get closer (not physically) I know you know your stuff, but this bitching about other fans perceptions of players, and needing to prove a point when we've just been fucked up the arse 4-1 by city, is baffling, to me at any rate.

I'm not gonna read through all the shit I assumed has been posted. I assume Sammy thinks Soldado was shit because he missed a penalty and didn't score. But offensively we played better today then for a while even though we only scored once. And I think that has to do with Bobert playing. Now if he could score we'd be a perennial top 4 team. But shit, we never do it the easy way anyway.

I'm hammered at noon for no reason now and just put some weed butter on toast. Today is going to be lovely, hope you can all enjoy the remainder of your day as well:adethumbup:

I'm not gonna read through all the shit I assumed has been posted. I assume Sammy thinks Soldado was shit because he missed a penalty and didn't score. But offensively we played better today then for a while even though we only scored once. And I think that has to do with Bobert playing. Now if he could score we'd be a perennial top 4 team. But shit, we never do it the easy way anyway.

I'm hammered at noon for no reason now and just put some weed butter on toast. Today is going to be lovely, hope you can all enjoy the remainder of your day as well:adethumbup:
No - no we can't, but I'm really pleased for you man.
:pochbye:

I'll try not to overreact...looks like we got the wrong Southampton manager at the moment, positions at the end of the season will tell us whether that's factual or not.
Disagree big time...Southampton is the team Poch left behind in good shape for some one else to take forward. We are not far off and yes we are struggling at the minute.

1 shot from open play
1 penalty miss

Cant blame the AMs now really

Why would anyone blame the AMs now? Soldado played a fantastic game. Shame about the penalty. But he had an assist, he got us a penalty, and he should've had an assist from the fantastic pass to Mason in the first half.

He also produced more quality as a link-up player in 90 minutes against City than Ade has done all season. Great one-touch layoffs to the AMs, where Ade would need four touches to control the ball, or more.

Soldado showed that he can be the guy we need up front. I just hope that penalty miss didn't fuck his entire own impression of his game up, and ruined his confidence again.

I think the problem is that, okay, Soldado is a quality player. But he is the head of our attack and doesn't score goals. Is he Costa, Aguero, Sturridge, Rooney? No he isn't, so he isn't good enough. He needs to go, and soon. We need someone of the quality of those four

So because he only produced one penalty, one assist and should've had another assist (pass to Mason, first half), and did a near perfect job as link-up forward, at the Etihad, against Manchester City, he prove that he isn't good enough?

I'd rather have Soldado playing at this level every game than Sturridge or Rooney. If Soldado keeps playing like this, and gets more game time with those three AMs (and Lamela plays better), we will see a Soldado producing excellent stats, giving us loads of points, and ending up at 15+ goals (for the rest of the season).

Back
Top Bottom