The Mighty Spurs - Etihad FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And Michael Owen on BT Sport made a good point. Chadli made a half hearted attempt to get back and do a bit of defending when we were 4-1 down but didn't bother doing anything but a light hearted jog. Citeh lost the ball and Chadli had a remarkable surge of fitness to get up to the Citeh pen area had no where to go with the ball. Bring back Stevie P and 9 others like him. Fuck the rest off to play xbox or whatever.

So we're in the game and the ref decides the contest should be over with a ludicrous red card and a pen, which not only takes us out the game as a contest but sets us up nicely for a thrashing.

Fucking ground hog day against the top4, don't even see the point in us turning up for these games anymore, just forfeit them 3-0., might make some cunts sit up and take notice.

Actually it seems like you are up to discuss it all week with me, up until the point where you get it wrong on game day and now it's not up for discussion? Now talking about it is being an anti fan?

It's only up for discussion if I get it wrong eh? Even trying to make up that I didn't want Mason to start?
Yep... All week, of course. And notice how I quite clearly questioned myself about the Mason, Dembele things as I didn't know for sure?

But seriously fuck it, I'm done. Lets leave it here.

If 5 touches in 90 minutes is a good game the great.
That's 17 less than it takes Adebayor to get the ball under control.

Seriously though, can you be any more biased? Ade's done fuck all since (everybody's whipping boys) QPR at home despite playing week in, week out, but i don't remember you throwing a tantrum over any of his lacklustre performances.

What is concerning me is that we are not getting the breaks, surely its not a coincidence that we seem to have players sent off against the top teams, and on a number of occasions the red card has been rescinded!
Although think we're playing OK on the whole, considering we are still in a bit of a transitional period, but we change formations/players at the drop of a hat. Ever since I have been supporting Spurs, consistency has been a missing ingredient for much of that time and all this messing around with the team is not the way to gain it.

The whole Ade vs. Soldado side taking is so tiresome.

Remember last season after Soldado broke his drought against Cardiff from an Adebayor assist and Adebayor was calling the whole team over to make sure they came and celebrated with Soldado. Then in the celebration scrum he kept pointing to Soldado in front of crowd to underline how much it for Soldado to score. Also, after Adebayor raged back into the team last year Soldado never sulked and him and Ade formed a quality hard-working partnership for awhile.

Bottom line, they are teammates at our club and both clearly highly respected in the team judging by Adebayor's vice captainship and Sherwood's comments today about how much support Soldado has at the club. Slagging off one to raise the other up is asinine.

Not to say they shouldn't be criticized. I think Soldado really cost us today by missing that penalty and Adebayor has at best average this season. If we're being honest with ourselves, both of them need to massively improve and neither should be a guaranteed name on the team sheet based on current form. But the ideal situation would be that they both play well. By the looks of the board, twitter, etc I think there are plenty that would prefer only the one they've backed to come into form.

It's so stupid and petty. A goal from Adebayor or Soldado counts the same. They both play for our club.

Last edited:
I'm seriously under the influence here after today. We played well at times but as usual lacking balls. Mamby famby half hearted challenges when needed. Flicks & tricks near your own penalty area are painful at best. Hopefully Poch will flush out this culture of afraid of getting hurt and if not send any bottlers to Accrington Stanley to learn the trade.

What is concerning me is that we are not getting the breaks, surely its not a coincidence that we seem to have players sent off against the top teams, and on a number of occasions the red card has been rescinded!
Although think we're playing OK on the whole, considering we are still in a bit of a transitional period, but we change formations/players at the drop of a hat. Ever since I have been supporting Spurs, consistency has been a missing ingredient for much of that time and all this messing around with the team is not the way to gain it.
I think our defence lends itself to some kamikaze defending resulting in penalties. Some of the red cards are ludicrous but I'll need to look this weekend to see about today. We don't seem to be able to catch a break at the moment.

Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli to name 3. Rose to learn defending. Dier for sprint training. Anyone else to send to Accrington or boot camp?

Disagree big time...Southampton is the team Poch left behind in good shape for some one else to take forward. We are not far off and yes we are struggling at the minute.

Would agree but what about the impossible to ignore raging success of all the new players Koeman bought with him?

Avoided the result all day as have been out but just finishe watching the full match on a re run.
Absolute vintage spurs.
The obvious danger man scoring a hatful and dominating the game? Check
Dodgy refereeing decisions against us? Check
A questionable red card with the game finely poised? Check
A great chance to get something from the game and turn the tide spurned by a normally reliable player? Check double check

Overall I was really pleased with the performance for an hour or so. They are a better team than us and we were missing two key defenders through injury/fatigue. Of course they should win the match. But aguero's two goals from open play were simply unstoppable. That's what having a rich oil sheik buys you and there's no comparison with what we have up front I'm afraid.

I really liked the look of our attack, even if lamela was weak today. Mason really encouraging. Every game he's pleasantly surprising me as if never had put him in today.

That ref was a fat old cunt who got almost every key decision completely wrong, our penalty included which I felt was outside of the box. Even aguero's first goal you had Lampard stood directly in front of lloris.

Anyone laying into the team today is a cock. They tried their hardest but got undone by a better team. Play as we did today in the next 4 very winnable league games and we could well see 12 points on the board.

Onwards and upwards

If you reverse the roles and think of it from the other side, if the shots that Soldado took today were against Lloris there would be people here just non-stop gobbling Hugo's cock. Joe Hart played one HELL of a game. If his foot had been placed just slightly better Eriksen's goal wouldn't have gone in.

So i was wondering, some people are suggesting that there was a pen at the end which i untimely missed, would anyone like to help me out and explain what happened?
It wasn't if we're being honest but based on their first and third one it was a good reason to moan since it was at least equal to the first one and similar to their third.

Seriously though, can you be any more biased? Ade's done fuck all since (everybody's whipping boys) QPR at home despite playing week in, week out, but i don't remember you throwing a tantrum over any of his lacklustre performances.

Soldados best defence for being shit.

"Ade Ade Ade"

Well done

He was involved in the goal where we won vs Southampton. In the last game.

Would agree but what about the impossible to ignore raging success of all the new players Koeman bought with him?
Still had good platform and structure to work with and to move forward . Keeping Schneiderlin might have been the best move. These players went AWOL against us? There is a lot of dross in the PL and results like today demonstrates this.

I feel like we played well today. I don't get all the hate for Soldado. He missed a penalty. So what? All of our strikers have. He made some great plays today. Lamela was absolute shit today. Eriksen and Mason were on. Mason shoulda barrier that early chance!! Lamela shoulda been subbed for Kane before the bullshit Red card. Either way, going up against MC we looked great IMO. Can't wait for asteras and Newcastle! Fuck that ref though. COYS!!!!

I'd rather have Soldado playing at this level every game than Sturridge or Rooney. If Soldado keeps playing like this, and gets more game time with those three AMs (and Lamela plays better), we will see a Soldado producing excellent stats, giving us loads of points, and ending up at 15+ goals (for the rest of the season).

You can't pick and choose form. This was one of his better displays, as good as it gets and he's still not good enough.

Back
Top Bottom