The Mighty Spurs - Gooner Scum - Sunday NLD

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just seen this in the OS pre-match "Notebook" section:

It's subtle, but it's there... whoever wrote the opening paragraph, I like the cut of your jib.... good work!

....and in case you missed it:
On Sunday, we make the short trip south to N5 for the first north London derby of the season (4.30pm kick-off).
:gallashmm::adegrin::cunt:l
South London Gooner scum!!!
Excuse me for being a bit pedantic, but the Emirates Stadium is in N7, not N5.

Lloris
Emerson
Romero
Dier
Reguilon
Hojbjerg
Skipp
Ndombele
Son
Lucas/Lo Celso
Kane
Harsh on Tangana….. tough one!

Agree with the rest, have a horrible feeling Winks will start over Ndom which will be utterly pointless - would rather play 2 upfront and start Scarlett with Kane

It's time for their misery.

0-5 Spurs
I would love to have your optimism but I'm in the 'bricking it' camp. Even if we were playing well and they're not, they still seem to get the better of us at their place.
The worst scenario is for us to go into the lead, get our hopes up, as that rarely works out well :(

I'm always the same on NLD day, I find it near impossible to concentrate, my mind flits about as I try to focus on anything other than the upcoming match.

I'm working this morning, editing and correcting a solar power switchgear catalogue. To say I'm outside my comfort zone would be putting it mildly. Yet as I try to figure out whether or not combiner boxes and grouping boxes are in fact the same thing and where to use "isolation" instead of "insulation", my brain won't stop worrying about Bryan Gil or Lucas Moura, Emerson or Tanganga and so on.

It's not going well on any level
As long as we neutralise and isolate them, once we flick that switch we'll catch them on the breaker circuit and electrify our away supporters.

Whatever happens, don't let it interfere with your work. No electricity-based puns for B-M, please - he's doing a crucial job.

I would love to have your optimism but I'm in the 'bricking it' camp. Even if we were playing well and they're not, they still seem to get the better of us at their place.
The worst scenario is for us to go into the lead, get our hopes up, as that rarely works out well :(
We have been finishing above them for years but during that time we still can't beat them at their place and they still have picked up silverware, so why should we expect any different today we go there we shit ourselves same everytime.

We have been finishing above them for years but during that time we still can't beat them at their place and they still have picked up silverware, so why should we expect any different today we go there we shit ourselves same everytime.

Because every game is different.
Because records are meant to be broken.
Because I cant watch a game believing we have already lost.

Anyway, I tell that to myself every game. :)
#COYS.

after yesterday's set of results... I'd say ANYTHING is possible today!
Chelsea outclassed us last Sunday, but were themselves outclassed by a City side WE beat!!!
Villa are arguably on a par with us, yet managed to beat a Utd side FAR superior to ArseAnal.... if THEY can do it, WE can!

The only downside is that Villa are gonna be BUZZING next weekend against US!
Like a recurring nightmare, this weekend has a familiar ring about it. Just like last season, the big teams trip up a bit, leaving us an opportunity on the Sunday, which we genrally failed to take.

New season - new hopes.

They are a young, fragile side now. I think they are underrated and their first 11 is half decent but their heads could drop if we ping them on the break

Don't worry Mrs P, Kane will score hattrick today😎

Not much between us in quality.
They'll have more of the ball, we'll rely on counters.

I think we need our experienced players, and I have a hunch we'll go back to a 433 now Lucas is back. I hope Tanganga gets the nod at RB.

Personally I'd drop Dele to try to get a bit more ball retention in the midfield.

Hugo, Japhet, Cuti, Eric, Reggie, Tanguy, PEH, Skipp, Lucas, H, Son

Hoping to see Ramsdale proving his class by fumbling one into his net. Dreading Romero having a mare / getting sent off.

Not much between us in quality.
They'll have more of the ball, we'll rely on counters.

I think we need our experienced players, and I have a hunch we'll go back to a 433 now Lucas is back. I hope Tanganga gets the nod at RB.

Personally I'd drop Dele to try to get a bit more ball retention in the midfield.

Hugo, Japhet, Cuti, Eric, Reggie, Tanguy, PEH, Skipp, Lucas, H, Son

Hoping to see Ramsdale proving his class by fumbling one into his net. Dreading Romero having a mare / getting sent off.
Haven’t seen anything from Emerson to suggest he should keep his place over tanganga here, we need his aggression

I’d also play Davies, get a solid base at the back and try and counter. Reguilon I think is an appalling defender, not great going forwards either

Haven’t seen anything from Emerson to suggest he should keep his place over tanganga here, we need his aggression

I’d also play Davies, get a solid base at the back and try and counter. Reguilon I think is an appalling defender, not great going forwards either
Davies hasn’t looked consistently solid for a few seasons and we don’t have a lot of pace in the side otherwise….

Back
Top Bottom