The Mighty Spurs - Gooner Scum - Sunday NLD

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have attacking options in Kane, Son, Gil, Lucas, NDombele and others… if those guys step up and play to their potential, it’s more than enough to cause the goons trouble. Our own mentality is our biggest hurdle. Can we be motivated and focused to succeed?

I would really like to see us play a back 3.

Lloris
Dier Romero Sanchez
Emerson Hojbjerg Skipp Reguilon
Ndombele
Kane Son​
That team is totally reliant on Tanguy to progress the ball forward and we can't do that. We can't play 3 at the back unless one of Skipp/Hojbjerg gets much better at progressing play than they have been so far.

That team is totally reliant on Tanguy to progress the ball forward and we can't do that. We can't play 3 at the back unless one of Skipp/Hojbjerg gets much better at progressing play than they have been so far.
I think we can get by Woolwich with Emerson, Tanguy, Reggie, Kane and Son moving the ball. Skipp and Hojbjerg also make a few long balls each game that are underrated.

Any other attacking options depending on Lo Celso or Dele moving the ball and that hasn’t been happening.

I think we will win this one comfortably. Happy that tonight’s game went straight to penalties but got some more minutes into the legs of Kane & Ndombele. I was a bit worried that Nuno was willing to forfeit Sunday to put one over on his former employers.
But woolwich are shit and we need to put some points between us again. Hopefully we can stick a few past them to get their GD back in serious shit

28yXR5s.jpg

Gollini, Davies, Sanchez, Dier, Skipp, Lo Celso, Gil, Dele, Scarlett

Rested against Wolves = Lloris, Royal, Dier (except one minute) Reguilon, Hojbjerg (except for 8 minutes), Rodon, Son, Scarlett.

So at least 6 starters are fresh from tonight

So those who played tonight likely to play v Woolwich ,maybe Romero, Skipp, Ndombele, Kane, Gil

And maybe Moura back from injury ?

Could be a lot worse.

I think we can get by Woolwich with Emerson, Tanguy, Reggie, Kane and Son moving the ball. Skipp and Hojbjerg also make a few long balls each game that are underrated.

Any other attacking options depending on Lo Celso or Dele moving the ball and that hasn’t been happening.
They have Saka and Tierney down their left side. Tanganga did enough to keep his place in my opinion, and Hojbjerg needs to help him out.

Lloris
Tanganga, Dier, Romero, Reguilon
Hojbjerg Skipp, Dele
Ndombele
Kane Son​

I've put Tanganga as RB as the stronger defensive RB, although he played (well) against Wolves. The more fresh Royal could play RB and be more attacking, but that might require more defensive work from Skipp and Hojbjerg when Royal or Reguilon join the attack to provide more creativity to Kane and Son.

Dele can tackle (unlike Ndombele) s can support defence but better at sliding passes forward.

Subs : (from) Gollini, Royal, Davies, Doherty, Rodon, Sanchez, Lo Celso, Moura (if not injured still), Gil, Scarlett

Almost Certainly Injured (?) - Sessegnon, Bergwijn

Back
Top Bottom