The Mighty Spurs - Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do like the idea of playing Chadli as a lone striker but would him being there mean he looses the surprise factor when he drifts in from the left? Same argument as Bale in the middle I suppose back in the day.
I think your fear is correct. Kane leading, with Chadli as the left hook, would be better, for my money.

Wondering about this moving forward [formation=4231, Lloris, Kaboul, Fazio, Vertongen, Rose, Capoue, Mason/Stambouli, Lamela, Kane, Eriksen, Chadli][/formation]

Think we will probably keep Dier at right back as he has more legs to get up and down even though he prefers CB and with 3 main centre backs in Verts, Kabs and Fazio we should be covered. Like the idea of Chadli up top, he is big, strong in the air and good at running behind plus a good finisher, I also find him somewhat clumsy in midfield at passing and tackling so maybe two birds with one stone on that. Kane playing just behind in a Sheringham like role would also be interesting.

Think we will probably keep Dier at right back as he has more legs to get up and down even though he prefers CB and with 3 main centre backs in Verts, Kabs and Fazio we should be covered. Like the idea of Chadli up top, he is big, strong in the air and good at running behind plus a good finisher, I also find him somewhat clumsy in midfield at passing and tackling so maybe two birds with one stone on that. Kane playing just behind in a Sheringham like role would also be interesting.
yeah I can't see him moving Kaboul, but I like the idea of breaking Fazio into the prem soon as

Back
Top Bottom