The Mighty Spurs - Swansea of Wales

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My quadruple winning side on FM14.

Of absolutely not input to this match thread.

------------------------Lloris
-----------------Vlad -- Vertonghen
------Walker-----------------------------Rose
-----------------------Sandro
--------------- Paulinho - Dembele
-----------------------Eriksen
----------------Soldado - Lamela

:gylfi:

This is actually the one away game that worries me due to Swansea's style of football, felt more confident going to Utd.

This is actually the one away game that worries me due to Swansea's style of football, felt more confident going to Utd.
They're bottom of the PL form table - only 2 points from their last 6 games

We all know what happens next in a Spurs movie though . . .

They're bottom of the PL form table - only 2 points from their last 6 games

We all know what happens next in a Spurs movie though . . .

I wouldn't read too much into that.

Last 6 games - Norwich (A), Everton (H), Chelsea (A), Villa (A), City (H), Utd (A) - that's 4 away games which they draw 2 of. Other than Utd they only lost by the odd goal too.

I wouldn't read too much into that.

Last 6 games - Norwich (A), Everton (H), Chelsea (A), Villa (A), City (H), Utd (A) - that's 4 away games which they draw 2 of. Other than Utd they only lost by the odd goal too.
Hey, you like figures - thought, I'd spoil you

So assuming Lennon would keep his place (?) no reason to think otherwise... do we reckon Andros will be straight back in the team, which would mean Eriksen moving somewhere... which would mean Timmy's boy Nabil getting dropped???
Hmmmm.... could be a problem!
But I imagine Timmy likes clichés, so here's one; "it's the kind of problem a manager likes to have!"

So assuming Lennon would keep his place (?) no reason to think otherwise... do we reckon Andros will be straight back in the team, which would mean Eriksen moving somewhere... which would mean Timmy's boy Nabil getting dropped???
But I imagine Timmy likes clichés, so here's one; "it's the kind of problem a manager likes to have!"

Timmy will play his lover Bentaleb.

Probably chuck him upfront or something.

Drop Nabil anyway and play Eriksen in the middle alongside Dembele

Drop Soldado and stick Eriksen in behind Adebayor with Dembele and Bentaleb in midfield.

Townsend and Lennon on the flanks.

I've been happy with the 4-4-2 so far and the rejuvenation it's brought along but against Swansea that pass the ball better than anyone there's a case to be made for 3 in midfield.

Drop Nabil anyway and play Eriksen in the middle alongside Dembele

This or unchanged (ie no Townsend in the team until Lennon does really poor in which case Townsend comes in on the right). I think the team will be unchanged. 442 will be kept until a striker is injured, I think. Even if Sherwood immediately wants to play Townsend on the right instead of Lennon he won't do it as long as Lennon is doing all right. Too much of a pressure on Townsend and leaves Sherwood open for massive critique if Townsend fails (which I think he would because he's not better than Lennon).

Last edited:
Amazing to see the negativity towards a member of our youth set up who has broke into the first team (and performed very well).

Amazing to see the negativity towards a member of our youth set up who has broke into the first team (and performed very well).
There is no negativity - people simply want the best 11 on the field, not Timmeh's favourite 11

:carrollwtf:

Same starting lineup, with Townsend to come on in the second if we're not in the lead. But I'd prefer this:

Drop Soldado and stick Eriksen in behind Adebayor with Dembele and Bentaleb in midfield.

Townsend and Lennon on the flanks.

I've been happy with the 4-4-2 so far and the rejuvenation it's brought along but against Swansea that pass the ball better than anyone there's a case to be made for 3 in midfield.

And backed up by solid logic too.

Swansea have won only five games this season. They have won 2 of the last 10.Their injury list includes: Michu,Hernandez,Dyer,Guzman,Cañas and Vorm
So this is a 'should' win for us given the context (ie form and injuries) and there wouldn't be a better time to play them.

It has been on and off for Adebayor, so I suppose we should be approaching the 'on' part of his performance pattern.
If we are going to play with two strikers then soldado needs to turn up too.It was embarassing to say the least the way they were camped upfront while bentaleb and dembele were getting bullied by Palace.Otherwise we should start with Eriksen in the hole ,one striker up front (ade) and townsend/Lamela on the right if soldado doesn't improve.

Back
Top Bottom