The Mighty Spurs - Swansea of Wales

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's another

2Ade-6527196.jpg

And Ade showing his "close" relationship with Kyle......:adegrin:

1Spurs-6527232.jpg

And also a novelty one of Daws stopping Lord Voldemort from getting on the scoresheet

1Shelvey-6527178.jpg

Well, how nice is it to actually enjoy watching us play again. I was really happy to see Sherwood making changes to account for Swansea's possession game (was a bit worried after Arse that he might be a bit static).

He seems to be doing a brilliant job with Eriksen.

I hate these long breaks, almost as bad as an international break.
But a lot easier having won the last game!

Agreed... we've pretty much lost every time there was more than 7 days before the next game!

The way I see it, we've got an extra 3 days to 'revel' in the sweet taste of victory!! ...not wallow in the stench of defeat!

I thought Bentaleb was superb today.

Now comparing up and coming players to established great players is always silly but I think Bentaleb's ceiling is Michael Carrick. He reminds me a good deal of him in his game. Long way to go of course.

Great win. We were unplayable at points.

I think people are going way way over the top with Nabil.

As if he is a token of the new era post AVB with TS at the wheel and thus he has to be praised, even when he is not doing particulary well.

Take today. We play at least 2nd half some of the best stuff this season, but first half is another matter altogether. We could be down 2-3 goals at HT and the way Pozuelo and Shelvey just played Bentaleb like a cello in our final third middle was painfull to watch. He didn't know when to press, hold or drop and couldn't get near them at all.

2nd half was much better. The team around him better too. And we saw more of the ball. Then Shelvey went off. What that showed us was mainly, that Nabil is WAY better on the ball than off it and that he as a passing player, a thinking one too, I should add, has much more value to a team controlling play rather than a team playing on the counter.

I think, all things considered, that he did as well as we could expect. That however was not being "one of our best" nor "superb". He held his own as a possession player in the 2nd half, but as a more defending midfielder in the 1st he was in very high degree a part of the very problem rather than the sollution.

I applaud the loyalty and support for a young player breaking into the side, but some of the things being written and said are just baffling.

Today he was very poor to begin with and just fine later on. Not excellent or brilliant. Just fine. Eriksen was excellent. So was Walker. Ade was unplayable. Nabil was not anywhere near that (nor does he need to be). He was just fine.

Against City we will have different issues to deal with. A big one will be the way Yaya & Fernadinho utilises space in front of our defenders, supported by the brilliantly mobile Aguero. There will be no room for a minute of the defending Nabil showed first half today.

another great away day, some great respect shown to RLP, more of the same against one of the top 4 next!

up yours yer welsh cunts

Another thing that I loved seeing was anytime that Ade dropped deep to pick up the ball one of Eriksen, Chadli, and occasionally Lennon filled the space he had vacated and became the player furthest up the pitch.

It helped us stretch the Swansea defense/field and gave us much more space and made it that Adebayor was never isolated.

A small change but one that made all the difference with us reverting to one striker. Excellent from Sherwood.

Obviously we have no idea what TS told the players, but if, just if, he did just allow Ade to roam all over the place and leave the three furthest midfielders to try to use the space vacated, then that plan wasn't half bad either.

Simple and takes little tactical adapting - just demands for the 3 midfields to roam a lot and defend 1 of 3 zones each when we lose the ball.

Back
Top Bottom