THE MIGHTY SPURS v Colchester United FC (AWAY) - 30/01 - FA Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Professional performance, Carroll and Trippier were particularly excellent. Wimmer, Chadli and Eriksen were also good. Perfectly managed from Poch, on the the next round! When is the draw?

"The FA Cup fifth round draw will take place on BBC One on Sunday night at 6.15pm at Stadium:mk."

Team was motivated from the start which was great to see, the first half really emphasised our need for another striker who can take those chances that was missed, takes the pressure off Harry!

Quotes from BBC web page

'Spurs had 15 attempts on goal in a dominant first-half showing - and 27 in total - but lacked a ruthless streak.

Lamela was particularly wasteful, and Christian Eriksen did not make the most of a rare chance in his preferred central position behind Kane.'
Just a spell when I was getting worried but comfortable in the end.

Good win. Our mentality is top notch, it's easy to dismiss these sort of games but our players looked well up for it and Poch showed good respect to the opposition. I expected a weaker team.

I love how ruthless we are too. A 1 or 2-0 win would have been job done. We kept going forward and in the end can probably be disappointed to only have 4.
That's our 5th 4-1 win this season so shows we're quite happy to keep going for more goals. That excludes the 5-1 over Bournemouth and numerous games we've scored 3.

In to the next round, no injuries and that's the first time we've won four on the bounce this season so builds momentum. Good day all round.

Never thought last year that I'd be saying Bentaleb was a weak point in the side, but he isn't half terrifying from time to time.

Good win for very little effort. Annoyed Dier wasn't rested, but in Poch we trust. Onwards and upwards!

Not sure what you lot are so happy about, but then, that's the norm.

Frustrating performance. This was a side at the bottom of League 1 who had both first choice CBs go off after half an hour and we had two deflected goals and let in one.

I think it doesn't seep into some people's minds that if we were truly great we would not need such scrappy goals.

All this bullshit about being dominant or not using energy is just that: bullshit.

A better team would be able to slice up this Colchester team apart, but we did not do it. And if we can't create proper chances against the worst defense in the football league, well, that's pretty damn awful.

Players better buck up for Norwich. All the attacking players below par. Seriously, use this damn game to practice through balls and incisive passes, not the same old shit.

I wonder what everyone would have thought if the Colchester chances went in. It'd be 1-1 without deflection and we'll see what wankers would have said.

Anyway, on to Norwich. Poch better give them a ribbing.

Not sure what you lot are so happy about, but then, that's the norm.

Frustrating performance. This was a side at the bottom of League 1 who had both first choice CBs go off after half an hour and we had two deflected goals and let in one.

I think it doesn't seep into some people's minds that if we were truly great we would not need such scrappy goals.

All this bullshit about being dominant or not using energy is just that: bullshit.

A better team would be able to slice up this Colchester team apart, but we did not do it. And if we can't create proper chances against the worst defense in the football league, well, that's pretty damn awful.

Players better buck up for Norwich. All the attacking players below par. Seriously, use this damn game to practice through balls and incisive passes, not the same old shit.

I wonder what everyone would have thought if the Colchester chances went in. It'd be 1-1 without deflection and we'll see what wankers would have said.

Anyway, on to Norwich. Poch better give them a ribbing.

*Opens thread to see happy posts about us winning comfortably 4-1. This is the first post seen...*

FFS fuck off you wanker. We sliced Colchester apart time and time again, it was just finishing that didn't always come off..and we still put 4 goals past them.

You're a fucking idiot fella and you can bloody well fuck off.

Back
Top Bottom