THE MIGHTY SPURS v Colchester United FC (AWAY) - 30/01 - FA Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

God I hope so then I won't have to listen that silly old cunt who sits near me bang on about how none of us have seen us win the double..
ooooooooo i wonder if thats the long departed and not lamented Greaves. does he blather on about spam becoming Londons biggest team once they move to the rented caravan?

Not sure what you lot are so happy about, but then, that's the norm.

Frustrating performance. This was a side at the bottom of League 1 who had both first choice CBs go off after half an hour and we had two deflected goals and let in one.

I think it doesn't seep into some people's minds that if we were truly great we would not need such scrappy goals.

All this bullshit about being dominant or not using energy is just that: bullshit.

A better team would be able to slice up this Colchester team apart, but we did not do it. And if we can't create proper chances against the worst defense in the football league, well, that's pretty damn awful.

Players better buck up for Norwich. All the attacking players below par. Seriously, use this damn game to practice through balls and incisive passes, not the same old shit.

I wonder what everyone would have thought if the Colchester chances went in. It'd be 1-1 without deflection and we'll see what wankers would have said.

Anyway, on to Norwich. Poch better give them a ribbing.
Billy-Beane-Brad-Pitt.gif

Frustrating performance. This was a side at the bottom of League 1 who had both first choice CBs go off after half an hour and we had two deflected goals and let in one.

I think it doesn't seep into some people's minds that if we were truly great we would not need such scrappy goals.

All this bullshit about being dominant or not using energy is just that: bullshit.

A better team would be able to slice up this Colchester team apart, but we did not do it. And if we can't create proper chances against the worst defense in the football league, well, that's pretty damn awful.

Players better buck up for Norwich. All the attacking players below par. Seriously, use this damn game to practice through balls and incisive passes, not the same old shit.

I wonder what everyone would have thought if the Colchester chances went in. It'd be 1-1 without deflection and we'll see what wankers would have said.

Its the FA Cup mate.
There are always upsets (remember Port Vale?)
Every year a big club slips up against a little club.
We won 1- 4

Enjoy it :)

Its the FA Cup mate.
There are always upsets (remember Port Vale?)
Every year a big club slips up against a little club.
We won 1- 4

Enjoy it :)

Couldn't agree more... I was there at Bradford, Rd.3... Port Vale was horrible... Notts County (was that the other Cup?) ...no matter, we've been victims of Cup upsets so many times before,...
today felt different. I didn't feel 'cocky' but I knew we'd win. We had to, and we did... none of this 'didn't fancy it... we fancied it alright, and we knew we were better than them. Which we were, and so it proved.

Spursy is dead... LONG LIVE SPURS!

Last edited:
therealITK you have taken the biscuit with this one. Nailed on you're a scum or Chelsea fan trying to troll a Spurs board. If you are genuinely a Spurs fan, that's even sadder. Get a fucking life mate.

He's still playing as a wingback, you just don't get the roles in this team

Right. Because because his defending has been sooooo great. Ole Gibbsy does not understand football because I thought he has more in his locker to be a winger vs a defender?

I was right. He looks awesome when on wing and shaky in defense. It can't get any more obvious that I made a very good point.

Just another awkward subject for you to dance around.

what DO you want? I'd have thought a creditable 2-1 home win against Burnley would've satisfied you... apparently not so!

Either you're a Gooner, in which case, FUCK OFF...
...or you're the poisonous type of 'fan' who just wants to spout their own agenda and is a cancer on true support... (y'now the type of thing; pisssed off when we lose, but for fuck's sake at least a bit happy about it when we win!)
You don't really give two fucks about Spurs, 'cos you probably only started taking notice of us a few years ago when we got into the CL, and started being on the Telly a bit more!

For me the biggest positive today was seeing Carroll perform up front in second half...whether he can do it in PL remains to be seen but HMF is not his forte.
Nacer you should have had a hat-trick...you big lummox :chadliblow:

Yes we put a strong side out against a team bottom of league 1, but we are through with a degree of comfort and no injury concerns.

As others have written the FA cup is full of upsets over the years and this tie could have been one of them.

Personally I thought we played within ourselves but still created a glut of chances with Kane and lamela missing good opportunities.

Positives for me was trippier at right back, composed, used the ball well and got forward well, Wimmer looked comfortable at the back and Carroll improved as the match went on. Chadli took his first goal really well.

My only small negatives were lamela being wasteful at times and Kane trying to be roy of the rovers when a pass was the better option.

We are through and hopefully a home tie in the next round

Actually, thinking about it... you do have a valid point. Poch should drop the lot of them... 4-1 against fucking Colchester WHOnited? 4-1 a goal... against them lot... fucking hell it's like Mimms, Kerslake, Tramezzani, Fox, Dozzell, Armstrong all over again!
need I go on? or were you unaware any of those players played for us?
I assume your 'memories' of Tottenham stretch all the way back to Bale's hat-trick in the San Siro... am I right?

Negative prick.
Go back to your own club... and if you genuinely are one of our own... your negative poison isn't welcome either, so fuck off and find another club to 'support'... I hear Man City are pretty good these days, why not get a half-and-half scarf and fuck off to them?

Back
Top Bottom