THE MIGHTY SPURS v Colchester United FC (AWAY) - 30/01 - FA Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would prefer a nice home match to one of the 5 non premiership sides. There are 5 to avoid MU, Scum, Chelsea, MC & winners of Liverpool/ Spammers.
The other 5 are matches we should win if we play a strong enough team.
We have a good record in the 5 th round but it will help the Europa tie which is before and after if we get an easy draw.

Good W, too bad we didn´t score the 2nd goal sooner, I´d have like to see more from Onomah.

Chadli stepping up, really deserves a spot in the 11 against Norwich, but it´s difficult to take someone off (Lamela?).

Colchester pitch is better than Watford´s :pochfacepalm:

That Col U defender who got his had whacked- Eastman- looked like he has a proper beer belly under that shirt. Chadli looking lean and mean.

Reading tha last few pages, I understant the reasoning behind wanting to avoid some teams but its all abit cowardly. Wanting to play the small clubs to have an easy progression is wrong. Its the same as what the Chaves and City are doing trying to buy all the top players to piss the PL/CL etc - its all unfair - . Lets not start picking and choosing who we want to play rather look forward to playing anyone , anywhere and take em on. COYS...

Last edited:
It was nice to see Trippier get singled out on MOTD - thought he was brilliant today.
Got to be honest, I was a bit underwhelmed when we signed him. I'm pleased he's on board now though. He's one of those players who's gonna grow into his role. You can see he appreciates being at a big club and is happy to fight for his place

Let's give the Colchester players some credit. Dele Alli was playing in league one last year.
We hit the post and bar and should have scored a few more goals. The keeper made some half decent saves.
We had Bentaleb and Carrol playing in midfield and an untested CB pairing of Dier and Wimmer. Kids still learning their game, as is most of the Spurs squad.
The sun was blotting out the high ball in first half and they did well to cope imo. The conditions also weren't the best, very windy and were not really conducive to our style of football. Their support was good, at their home and they were up for it. They played ok.
It could have been a tricky game for us, ala Exeter at home to Liverpool - who are in league 2 by the way therealITK .

The goal came because Bentaleb played a loose pass, nothing to do with Trippier's fucking defending or positioning. It also was an own goal. That bit of luck that meant the ball hit the post at the right angle to rebound & hit Davies.
You have to have the attempts to get the luck. We had much less luck with a lot of our shots, and just happened to have a bit of luck with a couple. However, we created those shots/chances and if you don't create them you don't have the luck.

Anyway, I remember us winning the FA cup at Wembley in 1981, lucky enough to be there for both games.
I suppose you cannot remember the goal we scored to get a replay in the first place that ensured one of the best finals ever.
I also wonder if therealITK remembers the next year's FA cup win too. Please tell us how we won that convincingly against a 2nd division side. It was the dullest final I have ever been to( the first one). The replay wasn't much better either and QPR were the better side imo.
We also were not that convincing v Forest (and had two narrow wins against 2nd division sides we were supposed to 'demolish' along the way).
However, the facts will show that we won 3 FA cups because we won the games. That's the objective.

It was like a training game for us, no disrespect to Colchester, but we didn't have to dig in or up our game.
We did just as much as we had to do and no more.

Edit: in fact imo it was quite a solid, professional performance by a young team still learning. A lot more convincing than some of those banana skin ties I have seen supposedly better more experienced Spurs sides struggle with.
A valuable experience for them.

Last edited:
Let's give the Colchester players some credit. Dele Alli was playing in league one last year.
We hit the post and bar and should have scored a few more goals. The keeper made some half decent saves.
We had Bentaleb and Carrol playing in midfield and an untested CB pairing of Dier and Wimmer. Kids still learning their game, as is most of the Spurs squad.
The sun was blotting out the high ball in first half and they did well to cope imo. The conditions also weren't the best, very windy and were not really conducive to our style of football. Their support was good, at their home and they were up for it. They played ok.
It could have been a tricky game for us, ala Exeter at home to Liverpool - who are in league 2 by the way therealITK .

The goal came because Bentaleb played a loose pass, nothing to do with Trippier's fucking defending or positioning. It also was an own goal. That bit of luck that meant the ball hit the post at the right angle to rebound & hit Davies.
You have to have the attempts to get the luck. We had much less luck with a lot of our shots, and just happened to have a bit of luck with a couple. However, we created those shots/chances and if you don't create them you don't have the luck.

Anyway, I remember us winning the FA cup at Wembley in 1981, lucky enough to be there for both games.
I suppose you cannot remember the goal we scored to get a replay in the first place that ensured one of the best finals ever.
I also wonder if therealITK remembers the next year's FA cup win too. Please tell us how we won that convincingly against a 2nd division side. It was the dullest final I have ever been to( the first one). The replay wasn't much better either and QPR were the better side imo.
We also were not that convincing v Forest (and had two narrow wins against 2nd division sides we were supposed to 'demolish' along the way).
However, the facts will show that we won 3 FA cups because we won the games. That's the objective.

It was like a training game for us, no disrespect to Colchester, but we didn't have to dig in or up our game.
We did just as much as we had to do and no more.

Edit: in fact imo it was quite a solid, professional performance by a young team still learning. A lot more convincing than some of those banana skin ties I have seen supposedly better more experienced Spurs sides struggle with.
A valuable experience for them.

HAVE YOU REALLY SEEN THE GAME???????????

Even when he doesn't do anything you all accuse him

this is how the goal came: ------> VORM------> ONOMAH loses the ball to the opponent and the ball finishes in the goal without BENTALEB touching it once!!!!!

Stop lying!

Nabil was everywhere

CDM
LB
CM
RB!!!!!

He's the player who touched the most balls!

He was in the action of the first goal Him>LAMELA>ERIKSEN>LAMELA>CHADLI
AND he passed the ball to Dier for the second goal

Just because he missed a few passes like others you clash him

And in the player ratings he is not rated as low as you do.

When we don't know anything about football we don't say anything.

Playing as 6 is not what you think it is!

I like Carroll in that no.10 role.
Yes he had a great second half, but went missing in the first half when all the other players except Bentleb were fired up and creating lots of chances and except for scoring had the ball on a string!

The thing about drawing one of the other top clubs in the next round is that is makes it more likely for two of the weaker clubs to draw each other, essentially guaranteeing one of those a place in the QF.
Should we win, this gives us potentially easier draws in the later rounds.

All complete speculation anyway. And right now I don't fear any side left in this competition as long as we show up as on it as we have been lately.

Back
Top Bottom