THE MIGHTY SPURS v Colchester United FC (AWAY) - 30/01 - FA Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Palace certainly not the best or worst draw we could have got. Patdew is desperate to win the cup though so I expect a tougher game then they gave us in both league matches this year.

He'll probably get booed but personally I just hope he's roundly ignored. We have moved on so much since his ridiculous bullshit it's not even worth the effort and it would be the most hurtful thing for a guy like him

Good draw in terms of it being fairly likely to be on tv and entertaining. I fancy us and I doubt Palace are that happy with their draw. Ade is bound to score against us, bound to. They wont beat us though. Woolwich with another lucky draw, they are so ridiculously lucky with their draws in their competition but we will beat them in the final ourselves if needs be.

Not the most exciting draw for us but at least it's very winnable and a London Derby's always fun.

Goons and Man Utd get two more byes to the next round as you'd expect. Lucky cunts.

I remember people saying that we could still play Palace in the FA Cup.

It was meant to be, as usual.

:adegrin2:

*rummages through previous posts*
True. Besiiiiides, it's highly improbable that we'd meet Palace in the cup anyway.

That's not the sort of thing that'd happen to Spurs.

Bill-Murray-Laughs-Then-Turns-Sad.gif
I hate past me.

jsX7Klh.gif

Im happy with the draw. Good Premier League opposition, home crowd, beauty of the FA Cup. Not to mention one of the lottery winners will be out at the end of it too.

Bad Ju Ju for sure.

Another fortunate draw for the Gooners. They've only been drawn away twice in the last 3 FA Cup competitions.

"You can only beat the teams in front of you.. .blah blah."

In all seriousness Hull will give them a tough game. Probably more of a difficult draw than any one in bottom half of the PL.

The thing about drawing one of the other top clubs in the next round is that is makes it more likely for two of the weaker clubs to draw each other, essentially guaranteeing one of those a place in the QF.
Should we win, this gives us potentially easier draws in the later rounds.

All complete speculation anyway. And right now I don't fear any side left in this competition as long as we show up as on it as we have been lately.
It also gives the other top clubs as much chance of a lesser opponent so doesn't mean too much

Personally I'm looking forward to the bigger games atm, seems like forever since we had a team come at us, every win tempered by saying it was only xxx small team etc - could come back to bite me but it games like city where we really test ourselves that excite me

Came back, binned within 24 hours. Blink and you missed it.
I think the bin should work different and just limit how much u can post per day/hour -gibbs restricted to say 150 characters/3 post per hour or something like this would have prevented him repeating the same shit so many times, would also have been funny to see him squeeze in as much as possible

sorry but a bit late to the party, good, professional performance by the boys. Nice to see Nacer back to the form he was showing before his injury. Reasonably pleased with the draw, TBH completely forgot that Ade had signed for them, you just know that he will get at least one, but we should be too good for them, it would be good to progress to the next round.

Back
Top Bottom