The Mighty Spurs vs dirty pikey no good cunts

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Engineering is using science as a means to an end.

Science is using science as an ends in itself. There's a clear difference, even if you can't understand it.
You are living in a fantasy world! Tesla wasn't engineering children's toys, he radically advanced our scientific understanding of the universe and its natural laws and as a result made major technological breakthroughs, but you say "nope, he built shit; if he had just sat on his ass and let someone else do that work then he would have been a real scientist!"

2lXt2Kh.gif

Got back from Malta really late last night, with a stinking cold, and I really could have have done with a duvet day today. I had to get up so early and for 80 minutes of the game, I wish I had stayed in bed and caught up with the soaps!!! But another late, late show made it all worth while. I don't think we played that great, but there was no way they deserved to win either. Adrian made two world class saves and the penalty save - thank goodness that Harry was on his toes to get the rebound. I must admit I couldn't look when Harry took it but managed to turn around to see the ball go in. Feeling is more of relief than of elation.
Although the game was very bitty, what I liked is that we showed so much fighting spirit and carried on until the very last kick of the game. This is something we haven't been known for in the past. If nothing else is achieved this season, at least we know the team won't give up without a fight, no matter how the game is panning out.

Jayc1 Jayc1 You agreed with ChickenTonight ChickenTonight 's post about getting rid of the disagree button. but this whole fucking debate is down to you - you roll up and click the fucking button, but cry foul now you're getting killed - you're the saddest of sad acts you city lapdog.

He's just trying to reach the 1000th disagree-mark.

That'll take his mind of his pubescent acne and overweight, and make him forget about the sad life in his parent's basement, being dragged to the emptyhad by his cunt of a father now and then.

He's just trying to reach the 1000th disagree-mark.

That'll take his mind of his pubescent acne and overweight, and make him forget about the sad life in his parent's basement, being dragged to the emptyhad by his cunt of a father now and then.
Bigger cunt than gibbs. And that's a sentence I never thought I'd write.

You are living in a fantasy world! Tesla wasn't engineering children's toys, he radically advanced our scientific understanding of the universe and its natural laws and as a result made major technological breakthroughs, but you say "nope, he built shit; if he had just sat on his ass and let someone else do that work then he would have been a real scientist!"

2lXt2Kh.gif

None of that precludes him from being an engineer and inventor. Again, an inventor uses science as a means to an end. Sure, he found out some incredible facts about the universe...why? Because he needed to discover these things to enable his inventions to built and work. He didn't study science for the sake of science, he studied science for the sake of providing him with productive answers that helped him build. This is the key difference.

Edison, his rival, is known as an inventor and not a scientist. Presumably if they're fierce rivals Tesla must also have the same role; you can't have an artist and a sprinter being career rivals.

Don't confuse me labeling him as an inventor as an insult; it isn't. I fully appreciate his life and his work, his story was a tragedy. I, and many biographies and documentaries, don't label him as a scientist.

I remember Carroll doing a fantastic dive when Parker never touched him to get a penalty. Carroll did it at Poo too.
"we have to learn from Spurs and go down when we get touched' ffs. Song, Tomkins, Sakho..off my head and I suppose when I watch the recording later on I will see many a spam player falling to the ground easily to get a free kick.
If anything I don't think Kane goes down enough when he's fouled in the box.
Maybe instead of crowing on about how Rose's goal was mis hit, criticise your keeper - who clearly concentrated more had getting his hair done and sprayed in place for the occasion - for making a fuck up of the cross and save.

I said before this game they were all about crosses. Long balls up to the front man asap, get it out wide and cross. Stop the crosses and you stop them scoring. They are the team who cross the most in the EPL. Wouldn't be surprised if they play the most long balls either - just checked their 4th with 793. Probably reached 823 today;)
Bit disappointed that we again gave the ball away and set them up for the first, a cross. We seem to do this a lot.
The second goal, a cross, followed by another cross.
I thought the onus would have been to stop them doing this.
I don't think we played that badly. We look a bit jaded. Not sharp enough. Those COC ties and EL are starting to take toll. They had a nice 8 day rest since their last game.
You really need 3 days R&R between games to be at your best.
I think Chadli, physically and, more importantly, mentally is not up to speed yet. Dembele should maybe have started instead of AT, and Eriksen on the left. I Like the way that works.
However, he's trying to rotate, keep players as fresh as possible.
There are some good points. Walker is steadily getting back to full fitness/speed. Lamela is coming on nicely. Dier and Vertonghen look as tough they may build a solid partnership. Sometimes I wish Lamela would get the ball when he makes runs/space for it.
He gets in some great positions and doesn't receive it.
They defended deep as a unit & looked to get it quickly to the front man. It was hard to break them down. We dominated, had more shots but decent chances were limited. Of course when you're going for it, you will always leave your self open.
Gutted about their first as we gave away possession which led to it.
One thing about the team atm is they never say die. Not long ago this would have been a defeat. However now they keep on at it. They are not pushovers either.
Glad those mugs who were signing 'it's happening again' - what was happening again? we have already done them at theirs - got shut up and it hurt. Of course then it wasn't too long before the vitriolic, derogatory abuse started and invariably containing the word 'yid'
Just can't wait until normal service soon resumes , we take 6 points of this lot a season, they are again staving off relegation and it does start 'happening again'.

I don't really care for Wet Sham. I dislike Allardyce a lot. He looks like a road digger on the piss whatever he wears. He's a crook, his son is a crook and he spouts a lot of bollocks.

He's called us divers today and he called Man U long ball merchants when they are. It smacked of desperation for LVG to lob it up to Fellani, but for BFS to criticise that when it's his team thrives on long balls is bollocks.
We have had more penalties given against us than they have this season. We have had 3 more than them but four more against. So, on penalties we're -3 and their -2. Puts that to bed don't it.

Just looked at the disallowed goal and Ozil's was much clearer offside - it was his foot. Can't see how the linesman made that decision as there was no clear space between Kane and the last man when the ball was played. He wouldn't of been able to see him, or his arm offside ( I think the arms are not included in 'interpretation' of level). He was fooled by the defenders running out, arms up ala Allardyce, which then made him look 3 yards off side.
That's football though.

Unfortunately the video didn't pick up the faces of the people singing the song but hopefully it will get highlighted. I am sure people have more videos as well.

Unfortunately the video didn't pick up the faces of the people singing the song but hopefully it will get highlighted. I am sure people have more videos as well.

Looks like Kick It Out have picked it up, hopefully they'll be able to do something with it - could appeal for other witnesses I suppose. Scummy bastards, the lot of em - there was a brief rendition of this chant from them in the ground today too.

None of that precludes him from being an engineer and inventor. Again, an inventor uses science as a means to an end. Sure, he found out some incredible facts about the universe...why? Because he needed to discover these things to enable his inventions to built and work. He didn't study science for the sake of science, he studied science for the sake of providing him with productive answers that helped him build. This is the key difference.

Edison, his rival, is known as an inventor and not a scientist. Presumably if they're fierce rivals Tesla must also have the same role; you can't have an artist and a sprinter being career rivals.

Don't confuse me labeling him as an inventor as an insult; it isn't. I fully appreciate his life and his work, his story was a tragedy. I, and many biographies and documentaries, don't label him as a scientist.
Oh dear. I have a few days away & come back to guess what?? You fucking arguing shit with everyone for the sake of it-again. You are truly a woeful individual & I can guarantee you've never set foot in Manchester. You wouldn't last 10 minutes in the UK with your shitty argumentative streak.

A 12pm kick off on a sunday after europa league action and you just knew what was going to happen, but todays performance was probably one of our worst this season. We lost every second ball and when we went 1 nil down everything just went to shit. Simple passes went out of the window and watching it from the stands half the players out there today were palming off responsibility to others at any given chance. The amount of times i saw a player pointing to another when they could of easily taken the pass themselves was beyond frustrating. Townsend was absolutely awful today for me, and his head dropped after things were not going his way. Lamela was not much better and i think the only reason he stayed on today was because he was one of a few who showed some heart when every one else looked defeated. Still a fucking frustrating fairy to watch, the kid would do step overs and over do things even if he was the only player left on the pitch.
The team kept loosing its shape with our wingers constantly cutting in and then over doing things in the final third, and i do not understand why walker and townsend can rip the rightside up with pace but everytime we need to whip a ball across goal they always want to cut back and float some shit in that allows defenders to settle and defend as the fucking ball is floating in the air for fuck knows how long !

Long story short we was awful today and no one covered themselves in glory, but we still managed to comeback and shut those useless little fucking rampant rabbit wannabe pikeys right up. That was a sweet feeling as the rebound went in and the park lane went absolutely nuts ! To those that left before then :avbfu:
Bunch of fucking melts like some of the cunts in this thread.

Jayc1 Jayc1
Disagree all you want. You've been repeatedly found out as a fool by various posters on here. You sprouted a pair of testicles when you got Sammy on board-only a day earlier you were whining about leaving the forum because of being bullied. You argue shit points to the point of boredom. Gibbsy- you are well & truly outed.

Back
Top Bottom