The Mighty Spurs vs Stoke Cloggers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got back from Stoke.

What an amazing amazing away game. Fans were brilliant, especially in the second half after we went 2-0 (felt a little nervy when it was only 1-0 and Stoke had decent possession for a little while) - also helped to have Spurs attacking towards us for those last three goals! Was sat a couple of rows above the banner, so can't complain about the view!

I loved that we were singing the Dele Alli song right before he hit the post, and started singing it again immediately afterwards to try and pick him up - clearly did the job alright!

Props to Lloris for going over and throwing his shirt into the crowd at full time. He's a God among men.

I'm now going to try and find some highlights, and will savour catching up on this thread (I'm anticipating a jizz fest)
:levylol:

COYS
Oh, you went! Did you manage to lose your virginity?

Oh, you went! Did you manage to lose your virginity?
With those gaps between the stands, it's a bit cold for that sort of thing in the Britannia!

REDDWARF-Frigid.gif

Just got back from Stoke.

What an amazing amazing away game. Fans were brilliant, especially in the second half after we went 2-0 (felt a little nervy when it was only 1-0 and Stoke had decent possession for a little while) - also helped to have Spurs attacking towards us for those last three goals! Was sat a couple of rows above the banner, so can't complain about the view!

I loved that we were singing the Dele Alli song right before he hit the post, and started singing it again immediately afterwards to try and pick him up - clearly did the job alright!

Props to Lloris for going over and throwing his shirt into the crowd at full time. He's a God among men.

I'm now going to try and find some highlights, and will savour catching up on this thread (I'm anticipating a jizz fest)
:levylol:

COYS
Is it true Stoke fans clapped Alli off when he was subbed? Their forum claims they did.

We played with such style tonight. With such a flourish. I think we're going to catch Liecester. But no matter where we end up on the table, this squad has already achieved the glory that Blanchflower described.

Just sitting down at home after the long drive home, voice gone, knackered, wondering how on earth I'm going to sleep - let alone work tomorrow...

That has to be one of my favourite away days ever. The hour before the match in the concourse was superb, helped no doubt by the fact that there is nowhere to drink around other than in the stadium. Two flares went off inside a wee bit before kick-off, and it was absolutely jammed. So much singing. If this is Monday night football, with dedicated hardcore away fans out to have a good time irrespective of the convenience of it all, bring it on.

The match was glorious. No signs of pressure on the players - maybe only Lloris was a little shaky with his kicking - and our play was just very good to watch. Three goals at our end was superb. The non stop singing has left me with what currently feels like permanent damage. I love this team so much. I hope the nouveau away fans who have suddenly arrived to take the last two matches can replicate this support, as it was truly immense. Wonderful celebrations at the end, even in the queues out of the car park... I just didn't want the evening to end. COYS.

P.S. Given that Stoke is an absolute 'hole and there is nothing near the ground at all, this being a genuinely amazing away day is all the more impressive... and it was all down to THFC: our team and our fans.

Is it true Stoke fans clapped Alli off when he was subbed? Their forum claims they did.
Never noticed it. Their fans were no great shakes. Tried to be fired up at the start, but were just a bit lame. Resorted to singing about Leicester. Then were silent and those who stayed only did so because the alternative is going back home... to Stoke... what a life.

Just now watching the game after a long day at work. Must say our away support is fucking immense. Literally drowning out the home support. So jealous of all you lucky fuckers that got to go to the game. What an atmosphere...

What an unreal result.

Everyone was outstanding. The mentality of this team is something special and they will keep fighting. After today's performance I see no reason whatsoever as to why we cannot win every remaining game.

was in the middle of away section, right at the back so could bang the Metal wall/advertisment sign but was people in the box and kept looking down seeing who it was......... so ended up showing 4-0 with fingers and only got 2 fingers back................ , Great away day loved it! Fans was amazing like the team today :)

I had to be the 1000th reply ;-)

So So proud of the manager, the team and the fans.

I'm an old cunt but I was like a kid on Christmas eve. Couldn't get to sleep running every possible permutation for the rest of the season through my head.

I fucking love this team

Tottenham til I die, from the cradle to the grave.

Not at all, far from it.. People merely commented miss of the season which in fairness it is certainly up there..
Not sure what else could have been said once you've rounded the keeper and have an empty net to slot the ball in..
No one called him any names for it but said it was a bad miss..
it was that
but he did enough to deserve one error.
He was top notch

Back
Top Bottom