***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking forward to this wee trip tomorrow. There's more than 15 of us from Glasgow & Loch Lomond Spurs on the 10:25 flight down from Glesga, plus half a dozen more coming by train and bus.

Just hope we don't embarrass ourselves as much as Allan Hutton in a Lillywhite shirt :allitongue:

Don't forget your
df008968a98695b3652666ecf996b7ed.jpg
Would you believe I have one...?
From the '60s... painted white... with Spurs players names and "Up the Spurs" drawn on in blue... got it years ago from a 2nd hand shop in Brighton of all places...

Am I the only one struggling to get really excited over Champions League games this time around?

That's not to say I don't care, but I don't find myself looking forward to them any more than I do with the Europa League normally.

Is it summit to do with the fact you (we all) know deep down we don't REALLY have a chance of winning it... even though EVERYONE seemingly wants to play in an over-hyped Competition they have very little realistic chance of winning!
They've all been seduced by the fucking Champions League anthem theme tune!

Yet in the Europa League these past few years, you had the feeling we were GENUINELY in with a shout of winning the thing... if ONLY we'd taken it more seriously! Which we didn't...
...so ended up pissing away the opportunity of European 'not to be sniffed at' Silverware!

I don't really understand a lot of people on here.
I want Spurs to win EVERY game whether it's Champions League or the third round of the League Cup.

We spend years striving to qualify for the tournament only for our fans to be 'not that fussed' about the games when we're in it...

I for one am looking forward to finishing work, having a beer and cheering on the lilywhites under the Wembley lights again! COYS!!

If I ever see Sissoko in a Spurs shirt again it'll be too soon. What an awful performance. We desperately miss Kane and Alderwiereld.

I'm dreading Sunday.

At least it weren't another draw......
:adethumbup:
It's true about the atmosphere (or lack off) and Wembley stadium in general compared to the lane, every game I go to at the lane I get tingles walking out and seeing the pitch, there is just a buzz about the place, tonight again at Wembley just didn't feel the same, not even close and I am dreading us playing our "home" games there next season....
No matter how many spurs flags you put up, or how many people try to light up the stadium with their phones? Just ain't no place like home...
:paulinhobored::avbshock::klinsmann::harryhmm:

Agree with that. There were times son or davies were making runs in space on the wing and they just weren't getting picked out. That was one of the things that was frustrating about Soldado, he would make runs in behind but the ball would get played sideways on the ground. I've always been a big fan of the well timed ball over the top, think thats something we miss with Alderweireld out injured.

It's amazing how slow we are on the ball. You only have to look at the team that we had on the pitch for the majority of the game though.

Dier at centre half (rarely played there, if at all last season)
Davies at left back (he's no Rose)
Son on the wing (wasn't consistently part of the strongest eleven that dominated teams last season)
Janssen (new signing)
Sissoko (new signing)
Wanyama (new signing)

Just ZERO chemistry. The team is so different to the one that got us to this competition that it was always going to be different.

Feel like every game since City we have had AVB in charge, lots of possession for possession sake. At the front we have little to no movement.

Yes our defence was a little shaky without Toby but conceding 1 goal is not the end of the world at least it wouldn't be if we could actually make chances and get some goals. I honestly don't know what we are trying to achieve at the moment in terms of how we set up other than hoping lots of possession will get us a 0-0.

Back
Top Bottom