The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur V BVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This was their line up yesterday:

Burki
Piczek - Sokratis - Bartra - Schmelzer
Sahin
Gotze - Castro
Pulisic - Auba - Phillip
Both Schmelzer and Bartra went off injured. So likely to be Toprak and Zagadou starting midweek. I think that defence can definitely be got at. It really isn't the best. Piczek is solid and Sokratis is a beast but losing two starters can be key.

Sahin isn't anything special and I imagine Weigl will come in for him. That attack is a real threat though. Pulisic and Phillip bring real pace and guile and we all know the threat Aubamayang possesses. Sanchez, Alderweireld and Vertonghen will have their hands full.

Reus, Guerrero, Rode, Schmelzer, Bartra and Schurlle will all miss out.

I like the confidence of some of you guys, but this REALLY isn't going to be easy. If we do win I can see it being a scrappy 2-1. It's important we are solid defensively, we can't afford any shoddy lloris kicking, or silly back passes. Dortmund are the real deal, a top European side. We need to be playing out of our skins, and have some serious heart.

I like the confidence of some of you guys, but this REALLY isn't going to be easy. If we do win I can see it being a scrappy 2-1. It's important we are solid defensively, we can't afford any shoddy lloris kicking, or silly back passes. Dortmund are the real deal, a top European side. We need to be playing out of our skins, and have some serious heart.
It's a really tough tie. Their injuries are obviously cause for optimism for us, but they are top drawer opposition. However, this is what it's all about. To be the best, have to beat the best. I'm very excited to see how far we have progressed.

I got a feeling this could be a good game for son, I remember him vaguely being good in Europe in his first season with us. Plus he knows Dortmund well from his time in Germany. Let's hope he steps up and gets off the mark this season.

This was their line up yesterday:

Burki
Piczek - Sokratis - Bartra - Schmelzer
Sahin
Gotze - Castro
Pulisic - Auba - Phillip
Both Schmelzer and Bartra went off injured. So likely to be Toprak and Zagadou starting midweek. I think that defence can definitely be got at. It really isn't the best. Piczek is solid and Sokratis is a beast but losing two starters can be key.

Sahin isn't anything special and I imagine Weigl will come in for him. That attack is a real threat though. Pulisic and Phillip bring real pace and guile and we all know the threat Aubamayang possesses. Sanchez, Alderweireld and Vertonghen will have their hands full.

Reus, Guerrero, Rode, Schmelzer, Bartra and Schurlle will all miss out.

How much wedge do you reckon a player like Pulisic would set us back. Got the right pace and guile mix I'm looking for to compliment Christian and Dele £££

About £60,000,000+

I'd pay it for him. Quick feet, quick footballing mind and seems rapid.

Christian Eriksen-------------Christian Pulisic

-----------------------Dele Alli-----------------------

---------------------Harry Kane---------------------

Aurier and Rose down the flanks spreading the opposition for that lot would cause all sorts of issues.

On a side note I went out with my gooner mate for a bite to eat earlier (don't judge me) he was saying about losing Rose and Dier next summer and getting Bertrand, Redmond and Barkley in with money to spare. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen he did call the Sanchez, Aurier and Llorente deals as ones we should do just after the Walker sale so he could be onto something

Although I agree with you that aurier should start, I can see poch starting trips just because he knows him better. I really really really want aurier to start but poch loves to "bed" people in a lot.

I think aurier is so important, if he comes in and hits the ground running it could make our season. We need someone with pace that hugs the touch line, can beat a player and also hit a good cross. From what little I've seen aurier does all of those things, he seems to have the crossing ability of trips, with the pace of walker (slightly slower) but then is better at defending then both of them.

If he had the crossing of Tripps I'm sure that he'd have had more than 2 and 3 assists in his last two seasons in the French league, for PSG, having had Cavani and Zlatan to aim for.

His stats would indicate that he's nowhere near the crossing of Trippier.

Its time for our players to have their Bale moment.

Kane, Alli, Toby et all have to hit form this year.

PS. ticket sales look disappointing. Lots of green and unsold on top tier.

Just grabbed a few tickets in block 127...bit concerning that I could do that when I had to sit up in the heavens for the Burnley game.

I'm not quite sure what the issue is here, surely this game should be close to a sellout? If you can - get yourself down there! This game is huge and we need the players to feel that.

Back
Top Bottom