The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur V BVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perhaps we should print off a load of song sheets, like those embarassing ubercunts from Plumstead...

1407949837.jpg
Lol.

The only one I have ever heard them sing is Woolwich, Woolwich, Woolwich and it's not even a song, it's like a donkey braying, sounds fuck woeful. They used to sing by far the greatest team.

Isn't it amazing how many are banging on about how their disallowed goal changed the game and they would have gone on to beat us.. Yet no one seems interested in the fact that their goal was in fact offside as well..

The envy and jealousy i've witnessed today is beautiful..
I've personally been very interested in this fact...I don't think any of the UK telecasts even brought it up, but they made a point to show it in the US during the halftime and post game highlights.

Like I said, the ref/linesmen are not why Spurs won last night.

Best thing about winning was winning of course but for me a close second is that we won with Alli not in the team.

He needs to see the boys win in his absence.

All top players need to see that at times to quell any creeping arrogance they may possess.

Best thing about winning was winning of course but for me a close second is that we won with Alli not in the team.

He needs to see the boys win in his absence.

All top players need to see that at times to quell any creeping arrogance they may possess.
I definitely don't disagree with you on this. There's probably a fine line of wanting to be back in the squad and the mindset of, "well I'll just leave since they don't need me." Rose would be more of the latter.

How about if we had dele? - all ifs and buts
Yeah, and this idea that Bale turns us into title winners is nonsense anyway. Our biggest strength right now is our ability to work together as a team. A testament to Poch's coaching. Bale would have to fit into the team and play a function, not be the one man team he was by 2012-2013. Not that he is coming back, but hypothetically he'd have to be prepared to be more of a squad member rather than the biggest star if he was faced with being in this team.

Managed to get home for just after 2am and got a whole 3 hours sleeep before my 12 hour shift today, absolutely knackered right now but can't decide if I want to go sleep or watch the game again, might just do second half

Yeah, and this idea that Bale turns us into title winners is nonsense anyway. Our biggest strength right now is our ability to work together as a team. A testament to Poch's coaching. Bale would have to fit into the team and play a function, not be the one man team he was by 2012-2013. Not that he is coming back, but hypothetically he'd have to be prepared to be more of a squad member rather than the biggest star if he was faced with being in this team.
The only one who could come back and add something and fit in is modric imo - he really would add another dimension to how we play - just imagine modric and eriksen in this team would be a thing of beauty

What a result and performance that was.

I believe we came of age last night, I think we showed a different side to our mentality and showed we can change to suit our opponents style of play, this is something we have lacked in the past.
Poch outsmarted one of the smartest teams in world football.
Normally we would stick to our usual game plan have loads of possession but end up with nothing.
This was so pleasing to see that we do have alternatives.
This is how we should set up and approach games we play against Liverpool and Man City to a certain extent.

There was some outstanding performances last night and the fact that we had to play Son instead of Alli worked in our favour.
I have never seen a team play so high up the pitch, they were virtually playing a 2-4-4.
I couldn't believe they were playing like this with that shit keeper they have, his positional play was shocking.

I still don't think we will beat Real but I go into the games against them with a lot more confidence now I've seen we can mix it up a bit.
Credit to the manager and every player that produced this magnificent result.

We've totally bollocksed up talk sports entire schedule today as they were going to spend all day talking about the Wembley hoodoo and how inept we are in Europe..

Very happy Yid this morning..
I think they played higher up the pitch than they would normally do simply to protect their poor backline, interesting tactic which almost paid off

The ban of selling alcohol within a 1 mile radius of the ground doesnt help much either...
Was there for the CL game last year against CSKA Moscow and by chance me and my mates ended up in a really nice Thai restaurant between the tube station and the ground. We didn't fancy standing in the cold and thought a quick Pad Thai and a pints of few Singha would warm us up. They were still selling as normal so maybe different for restaurants.

Granted that's not a solution for all 80k fans but helps a few!

Everton is taking the piss there. Welcome to Europa League.

Man Utd will rip them apart at the weekend too, which could see Everton in the bottom 3 depending on other results. Wonder how long Koeman will last.

I always said Koeman is the one holding Everton down. A competent manager would have bought a lot smarter with the Lukaku money.

The only one who could come back and add something and fit in is modric imo - he really would add another dimension to how we play - just imagine modric and eriksen in this team would be a thing of beauty
Yup. There is a very good reason why he is more indispensable to the Real team than Bale.

No, he's not coming back, but playing alongside Ronaldo seems to work out. I like to think it could with Kane as well.

Back
Top Bottom