The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No one is happier to see Lamela on the shelf...

9b947b69872c9890da4c86c2ebdbae5e.gif

Rose's reaction never gets old

Big shout out to Eric Dier tonight. Hard game for him as he had to play two positions, plus the extra pressure from Wanyama having a bit of a stinker.

No argument with Eriksen being man of the match but Dier gave him the room and time to boss ting in the middle.

Really organised at the back too (as were Jan and Toby) as could be seen at the Palace corners and free kicks, that line of four thing they did, our boys had it sorted all night

:dierpochhug:

Poch made me proud.....showed that he can see mistakes, fix them, get the result.
We absolutely dominated that second half.

The real Spurs turned up.

And remember boys, for all the stress this sure fucking beats playing for nothing from January onwards.
The big time lads, fucking enjoy it

YID ARRRRRMEEEEEEEEEE

For me last night the turning point seemed to be the following:

Sakho went down injured for a long time, their fans started singing "you're gonna win fuck all", we responded with "you've never won fuck all", the atmosphere got better, then when play restarted we really got behind the team, then our boys started playing better. First half many of us were trying to get songs going but we weren't loud enough and were outsung by Palace, unusual at an away game.

Am I overplaying our importance as fans? I feel that we can be the twelfth man at times.

I'm fucking shattered after that - everything about Selhurst Park is a battle......getting to the ground, getting in the ground, getting to your seat/row, standing in your seat/row (with what seems like at least twice as many people as there should be), going for a piss, getting a beer, getting back to your seat, getting out of the ground, getting on the train, standing squashed in carriage for 30 minutes.........let alone the game itself

The roar when we scored was worth it though, never heard a noise like that before.

Love knowing that the Chelsea fans and Chelsea players watched the game last night. Both Hazard and Cahill were talking after their game against Southampton how the pressure was on us. And having lost to Palace themselves at Stamford Bridge they would have thought we'd have dropped points against them away from home. They'd have been hoping for signs of mental damage from their beating us in the cup too.

But Palace only had one shot on target all game, we controlled the game and took all three points. I actually like that it was late on that we scored because Chelsea would have got their hopes up by then, only for Eriksen to upset them. Lovely.

Pressure back on Chelsea against a team very capable of beating them.

But, on the other hand, imagine how edgy Palace will be if they lose tomorrow. They'll be a lot more relaxed if they were to beat Liverpool. If we're worried about Liverpool making up 9 points on us (factoring in the game in hand and gd) then we're really not gonna go far as a club.

I think Allardyce would be looking towards Burnley next Saturday and the 6 pointer vs Hull as the games they need to win. And if we can go a goal or 2 up their thoughts would turn towards the Burnley game and not picking up injuries or red cards.
Palace will do a number on LFC today (showing Poch how it should be done, I'm sorry to say).
Theyll be knackered for Weds and we'll beat them comfortably.

Exactly what happened 2 weeks ago. They beat Chavs but blew themselves out and were well beaten by Saints.

We'll come back strongly in the League. We've done it before after a lousy result in a cup semi. Pompey 0-2 followed by 2 of the best results I've ever seen in PL - beating Goons and Chavs in the space of a few days, and then Citeh to get top 4 first time ever. PL title still on. By Weds evening we could be one point behind, with Chavs away to EFC. Keep the faith.

Back
Top Bottom