The Mighty Tottenham v Dial Square

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm the Mr Positive of the site 90% of the time, but I think Son and Bentaleb have not been as good as Poch has expected this season to provide cover for Dier and Kane. Both have dropped off from what we saw earlier in their spurs careers. Poch expects better from subs, in current form I would always bring on Chadli before Son, its just a shame clinton got injured
I agree with your Chadli over Son.

I understand why Poch brought on Son, because of his speed to exploit the back of Woolwich but the ball never came to him except for a few times and he did poor with it then.

I'm the Mr Positive of the site 90% of the time, but I think Son and Bentaleb have not been as good as Poch has expected this season to provide cover for Dier and Kane. Both have dropped off from what we saw earlier in their spurs careers. Poch expects better from subs, in current form I would always bring on Chadli before Son, its just a shame clinton got injured
do I detect wavering in your "we don't need better cover for kane" stance.

The guy is an aggressive loser that gets annoyed when peoples opinion differ from from him. Ignore him mate.
The guy is a cheat who turns on Tottenham as soon as we go a goal down. I really wouldn't expect dribblers like you to understand. You know fuck all about anything. Jeez, you don't even know how long you've been on here - you were out by 2 whole years. Are you fucking sponsored? Cretin.

We fucking bottled it :pochbye:

Showing Bottlejob FC hows it done !

Joking aside, looking at the stats although they don't tell the whole story - Woolwich were lucky they were so clinical today. If we played Woolwich 50 times, perhaps we would on the law of averages win more than them. However they do have quite a few injuries to be honest - more than us.

This was a fucking bottle job, you can spin it however you want. We showed fear to a 10 man Woolwich with Ramsey and Ozil as DMs and let them play us off the park FFS. It doesn't get more embarrassing than this.

As for Son, has there ever been worst spent £22m? He makes Lennon on his good days looks like Messi.
lennon's been a lot better than son this season. playing well again today.
but poch don't like pacey wingers so no point going there.

I suppose on the positive side although we have had two mediocre result against West Ham/Arse we only have one London derby left against chavs.

It seems the hardest games in terms of the opposition fighting is in Derby games. Hurts to say but Arse when they can be bothered have quality, top quality.

Woolwich will probably go away and think job done then draw or lose the next bunch of games.

My main concern for the rest of the season is the affect the EL will have on our fitness/form. We still don't quite have a strong enough squad to fight on all fronts yet. In the summer I am sure we will put that right.

I get the positivity. Normally I am like that. But it was west ham and then dropping points like that to the scum. It's normal to feel pissed off in those circumstances - it's weird if you don't imho.

I do feel we've failed when the pressure was cranked up this week. It isn't terminal. But it's happened.

No doubt will feel much better about things in a few days time. It would hurt failing to beat the scum like that just the same, if it was a meaningless midtable clash.

This was a fucking bottle job, you can spin it however you want. We showed fear to a 10 man Woolwich with Ramsey and Ozil as DMs and let them play us off the park FFS. It doesn't get more embarrassing than this.

As for Son, has there ever been worst spent £22m? He makes Lennon on his good days looks like Messi.
Play us off the park ? What game did you watch
One shot goal in the 1st half with the scum parking the bus with his team selection with only team committing bodies forward.
A second half comeback again that almost got us over the line, of course we faded in the last ten and it wasn't the finish we hoped for but I'll take what being offered than some mid table shit playing out a dull season COYS

To some of us it's just in our nature. I love the players, think we have a fantastic squad, and adore the manager, but I'm still pessimistic ahead of pretty much every game. And if I'm not pessimistic I worry, because I feel we always lose when I'm confident.

I wish I wasn't a weak, negative cunt, but I am.
you would think most of us would be pessimistic considering how very rare we win anything.
average of about a trophy every 10 years in my lifetime.
so forgive me if I don't think we will the title for the first time in over 50 years.

hats off to the optimistic ones. your better men than me.
I love your show of faith. I am faithless. I cant get no ..... sleep.

do I detect wavering in your "we don't need better cover for kane" stance.

It wasn't that element that cost us today, he scored, a strong hand from Hugo we'd all be in a strip bar dancing and singing by now!

everyone dissed the subs yet the twats only had 2 shots on goal

I am an equal opportunity fan, if we come up short next few games and our 20 million purchase doesn't help again then we have trouble, we have been scoring and winning games without Kane contributing, I don't think there are many great options out there.

We're not losers ...we can still win it. You're too fucking aggressive tho so please get a life.
I know that - it was Totti who was saying that. I have a life - I'm not so sure about you and the other one. I really give up, you called me a loser, and then come back with 'we're not losers'. It doesn't comprehend, I don't think you're all there. Are you all there? Because it doesn't seem like that to me. You're really odd.

Play us off the park ? What game did you watch
One shot goal in the 1st half with the scum parking the bus with his team selection with only team committing bodies forward.
A second half comeback again that almost got us over the line, of course we faded in the last ten and it wasn't the finish we hoped for but I'll take what being offered than some mid table shit playing out a dull season COYS
They played us off the park in the last 20 minutes with Ramsey and Ozil as DMs, I didn't say the whole game. Any Spurs fan satisfied with today's result has definitely 'small club syndrome'.

Back
Top Bottom