The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Alright but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, fresh water system and public health what did Mourinho ever do? Don't labour the point Cranstan

[Edit] I don't want him either. I don't doubt his capability but my romantic side believes that he would relish the opportunity to change his spots on a budget, but my practical side says that he wants to buy a trophy or two within 18 months.

Why are you always going on about women Stan??

8 points down with 4 out of the hardest 6 away fixtures done.

You lot are behaving as if Leicester and Chelsea are super teams when in reality their fixtures have been extremely favourable compared to ours.

Also I really don’t want to hear it from hindsight FC over Rose, Toby and Eriksen, I spent the last two years calling for them to be sold, and for the rebuild to begin in summer 2018 and was called crazy by many.

Why is it people always wait until a player shows shit form/visibly declines before wanting angrily him out?

#Don’tSellDannyRose
“Look how poor our creativity was before Eriksen came on!” (Villa)
“Toby has been the ultimate pro and is still performing!

Oh and my ultimate favourite... #BackPoch (see how long that’s lasted!)

All of a sudden this place has turned into the first class graduates of the School of Alex Ferguson and Johan Cryuff.

“Spurs fans aren’t a soft touch like those Gooners...” time to fucking prove it.
I'm just going to laugh at you because i can't be arsed to argue

Guys. I am with Chelsea fans at Fulham broardway; it is disgusting. These guys are filth: absolute racist scum. Let's put things in perspective we aren't these cunts.

So many things Baz. "Let me in you immigrant cunt" to a pub. I went to this game for work. I am not joking I heard "I want kill a Muslim when I go back". The person I was with apologized and said it wasn't the worst he heard.

Wow 😮

A lot worse than this.
I'm a realist I don't expect us to qualify for the CL every single year, there will be times when we miss out
He chose to keep things tight rather than go for it, I can see the thinking behind that it's not my preference.

How do you keep things tight when you play Eriksen who can’t run, tackle, pass or retain the ball. He seems to lose possession virtually every time he has it lately which in my book is not “keeping things tight”

How do you keep things tight when you play Eriksen who can’t run, tackle, pass or retain the ball. He seems to lose possession virtually every time he has it lately which in my book is not “keeping things tight”
Still need to attack Liverpool every now and again he 's one of the best we have at doing that, his goals and assist will definitely be missed unless GLC can step up to the mark.

Still need to attack Liverpool every now and again he 's one of the best we have at doing that, his goals and assist will definitely be missed unless GLC can step up to the mark.

Well maybe you watched a different match to me cos he did virtually nothing on Sunday.

Tuesday afternoon: 51% Poch out // 22 October, couple of hours before Spurs v Red Star
Thursday afternoon: 43% Poch out
Friday afternoon: 38% Poch out
Sunday afternoon: 37% Poch out
Monday afternoon: 42% Poch out // the day after the 2-1 defeat at Anfield; many fans unhappy with the team selection
Thursday afternoon: 42% Poch out

Monday afternoon: ??

Interesting that the Poch out polls are normally like reverse sawtooth waves: on match day the 'out' percentage shoots up each time and then drifts gradually back down until the next match. Time acts as a buffer. But in the last game I don't think most of us expected the team to go to Anfield and win so the compassion remains a little more stabilised.

Personally, I'm amazed he's still here given that we haven't won an away game in the time it takes to conceive and give birth to a baby.

Interesting that the Poch out polls are normally like reverse sawtooth waves: on match day the 'out' percentage shoots up each time and then drifts gradually back down until the next match. Time acts as a buffer. But in the last game I don't think most of us expected the team to go to Anfield and win so the compassion remains a little more stabilised.

Personally, I'm amazed he's still here given that we haven't won an away game in the time it takes to conceive and give birth to a baby.
Reaching a Champions League final on zero spending MIGHT HAVE a little something to do with that...

Reaching a Champions League final on zero spending MIGHT HAVE a little something to do with that...
Losing that final due to tactical ineptness and a dogged determination to play an unfit Harry Kane instead of Lucas Moura who had just scored a semi final hat trick and was the primary reason we had got there may also be the reason why the Poch out contingency disagree.
How long can the guy's reputation live off "We reached a CL final once" ??. His team selection for that game was wrong and his misplaced loyalty (which we are still seeing this season regarding certain players) cost us the match.
This club had a golden opportunity that may never come it's way again for years and in my opinion it was lost by the performance of the manager and not the players.

Last edited:
Losing that final due to tactical ineptness and a dogged determination to play an unfit Harry Kane instead of Lucas Moura who had just scored a semi final hat trick and was the primary reason we had got there may also be the reason why the Poch out contingency disagree.
How long can the guy's reputation live off "We reached a CL final once" ??. His team selection for that game was wrong and his misplaced loyalty (which we are still seeing this season regarding certain players) cost us the match.

I thought that ridiculous handball decision 20 secs in, against a team who had 97 points doomed us from the start, but that’s just me. They invested and got better, we stood still and didn’t.

I thought that ridiculous handball decision 20 secs in, against a team who had 97 points doomed us from the start, but that’s just me. They invested and got better, we stood still and didn’t.

It wasn't the best of starts but it came early enough in the match to give us time to respond. Just as they did against us last Sunday when Harry scored in the first minute. My main gripe has always been the players that started that match. Kane should have been on the bench, ready to come on as a second half sub, particularly if the game looked like it was going to penalties.
Lucas must have been chomping at the bit to start that game and I cannot imagine how Poch tried to justify to him that he hadn't been picked.

If Poch's legacy is to be 'He got us to a CL final' then I regard that as scant reward for his time spent as manager.

Back
Top Bottom