The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Crazy to think Poch is going to stay while we can't figure out how to play football anymore. Sitting in 11th. Yet Munich just fired Kovac who had them destroy us in CL, first in the group stage and still sitting in 4th in the league. Talk about two different style of boards running each club

Different league and players as well. Bayern feel like they're entitled to win the Bundesliga since they've been the dominant force since forever. Their financial power also allows them to sign better players than their opposition so the expectations are higher. As a result, they also have less patience with their coaches.

It doesn't change the fact that Poch has used up all his credit with us (as far as I'm concerned), but I just wanted to highlight the differences between us and a club like Bayern.

Genuinely though mate, no hyperbole, imagine if we go down.

CL finalists to relegation with a billion pound stadium, probably be the biggest failure story in modern football.

All or nothing indeed.
Make a great watch on Amazon - imagine the royalties.

Too good to go down. Can't believe I just wrote that.

Good Post.
Simply just sacking Poch is not going to end the dynamics of our football club and we'll be having the same conversations when the next manager fails, and the next manager, and the next manager, and so on.
The rot has set in at the top and filtered down through the manager and now to the players.
The club are the architects of its own downfall
As I have said before, Levy (ENIC) is destroying this club in the endless pursuit of money. America has come to WHL. If we don't get new owners, we're finished as a competitive team. 100 years of footballing history wiped off the map. Thanks boys. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

No, I don’t think he should just be sacked. He has done far too much for this club to be treated that way.

However, I will concede that if things continue on this alarmingly slippery slope, then serious discussions need to take place between Poch and Levy and/or Lewis, or whoever it is that has the final say on things, as to whether this era and project truly has come to an end, and if it would be best for all parties to go our seperate ways.

The big issue for me, is that even though I still believe that Pochettino is capable of making us a real force again, whether he actually has the willingness to do so is a completely different matter. This team is gone stale beyond repair, it’s full of players who have been here too long and have nothing left to give, players who simply don’t want to be here and players who never have been and never will be good enough, and players who don’t fit into these category are not able to pull the team along with them anymore. Pochettino has constantly spoken about “refreshing the squad” and the failure to do this is, in my opinion, the main reason for the way we find ourselves today. Who’s fault is this? None of us can really properly apportion blame. A lack of cutting edge and ineptitude in the transfer market cannot be overlooked, but by the same token, we have to admit it is possible and quite plausible that Pochettino may have been offered players in the market who could most certainly have helped us, as was widely reported to have been the case with Tielemans in January for example.

In order for him to solve this, he needs to do what he did in 14/15 and cull a number of players and replace them with younger, hungrier players. The difference between then and now though, is that Pochettino is a very emotional person, and has a very strong personal relationship with our current squad that he didn’t have in 14/15, which means his judgement is probably clouded and will make it much more difficult...

Apologies for the long post, but this is something that has actually hit me quite deep in the feels. I love Tottenham and I’m 100% sure Pochettino does too. He has given me my happiest ever memories in all my years supporting this club. I was so sure he was going to be our manager for the very foreseeable future and lead us to the glory our great club deserves, and to see the rabble we’ve become this season has genuinely makes me quite sad.

giphy.gif

Poch is clearly out of ideas. We were found out last season but he has persisted with the same style of football.

Our successful games towards the end of last season were those where we 'resorted' to long balls into Llorente.

We have an excellent squad of players, but it seems the instruction from the coach is clearly not working; and we see exactly the same setup in every game. Even a sunday league team would be able to defend against Spurs.

Watching Chelsea play using very rehearsed attacking formations and set pieces is frustrating to watch.

CONCLUSION : POCH OUT

I just can't bring myself to vote Poch out. I cannot and won't defend his choices, but it comes down to where the greater blame lies.

1. The fact is that players like Eriksen and the like have fucked him, the club and the fans under the bus for their own ego. Poch helped to make them household names and they have turned their backs on him by their quality of play and their action/comments.

2. Levy has screwed Poch over multiple times, I cannot think of another coach that has done more with less. Levy's lack of support was papered over by Poch's ability to keep wringing more out of the lemons he was given, and his public backing of his Levy and maintaining a unified front.

Again, Poch is not blameless. His selections are troublesome, he has become predictable and stubborn in his tactics and his subs are outright shocking. At the end of the day, he has done his part but has been nothing but continually let down by Levy and now some of the players he built up are letting him down for their ego.

Poch in doesn't necessarily mean full satisfaction with him, maybe just lower levels of blame.

Bayern has officially fired Kovac because they are in 4th... it must be nice to have a club who is motivated to win

You’re kidding yourself if you think we’re on the same level as Bayern.

That’s not a shot at us, but Bayern have been a consistent powerhouse club for years and years.

Out asap, if what hes doing isn't deliberate hes a stupid man who will never learn-his team selections, formations, subs, game management are all shocking. The players look lost and so does he, constant drivel in the press and crap football.
The board isn't going to trust this manager to build a new team and start another 'project' so they may as well get the difficult part out of the way right now, like tomorrow morning.

Hes been dead to me since them CL final comments about leaving-you can fucking leave now mate, see ye later.

You’re kidding yourself if you think we’re on the same level as Bayern.
He didn’t say we are. It’s only natural that the new boys will never be regarded as highly as the traditional big clubs. And as for the ‘big club jibe? - Man Utd have been a traditional ‘powerhouse ‘ club for years. It doesn’t count for anything when people can smell blood. Should teams playing Bayern just roll over because they have an illustrious history?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom