The Newcastle Yo-Yos vs. Wembley Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He saved you from bankruptcy and quite rightly wants his money back if he's going to sell.

And I'd say Newcastle is definitely a more valuable asset - the fans are fiercely loyal and easy to extract money from.
He can have his £134m back (less the money he hasn't already recouped). He could even try and sell us for the £250m that he claims he's put into the club, but his £400m valuation is mental.

Did you know that he had a meeting with Sheikh Mansour's representatives before Man City won that lottery? Turned up late and dishevelled and then demanded an inflated sum for Newcastle. Mansour's reps left and not long after Manchester City lurched from average Premier League side to the behemoth we see today.

He could have made his money back and some, but he's too much of a wideboy to get his shit together for one meeting.

I still don't get that even today.

An old friend of mine supported Newcastle for decades because her dad did. Stuck with them through thick and thin. The Ashley reign was too far though and she walked away. Couldn't stand it any more. Imagine ruining a club to such a degree that it's enough for decades long fans to turn their backs on it.

Newcastle, with the support it has, or once had, should be one of the grand clubs of the Premier League. Instead it has been thoroughly ruined by constant mismanagement over the past twenty odd years. This is why I can't stand the negative nancies who haunt our own fandom. You've only got to look at Newcastle to see how bad things could be.

Nope. It could be a lot worse. We could be Coventry City fans. I think the point I was making in my earlier post is that Newcastle fans deserve it. All of it.

tl;dr

I would far rather have Sheffield Wednesday, A Leeds United, A Nottingham Forest, An Ipswich, A Coventry City back in the top flight than you lot. They'd appreciate it.

Your club is a constant source of amusement because it's in your DNA. It has very little to do with who owns it. Newcastle is a goldfish bowl where no decent footballer wants to live. Even Benitez can't stand the idea of actually living in the city. You will always be a stepping stone club or a place where footballers can't be arsed because, lets face it, who would go there for anything other than a fat paycheck. Your fans aren't the 11th man, they're oppressive.

This Fish This Fish

Mike Ashley is hilarious. I hope he owns your club/you support his plaything for years to come. He makes NUFC the laughing stock that keeps on giving.

You need a wake up call. Your club was ridiculous before Ashley. You sacked Bobby Robson who worked miracles with a shit team. You hired Glenn Roeder. You sold Scott Parker and replaced him with Alan Smith. All before Ashley, my poor deluded friend.

One more thing, I see right through your "I don't want the world, I only want a proper, well run club again" shtick. I know what you 'Toon' fans are really like. You are the most entitled, whiney, deluded fans in the country, behind Liverpool fans, obviously. The difference is that they remember their club being successful. Nobody alive has seen Newcastle be a successful team. I don't forget how you thought you were too good for Sam Allardyce.

I don't feel the least bit sorry for your club's current predicament. In fact I am enjoying it enormously.

Well said Sir

:adesalute:

Agree with all of that but don't forget what those inbreds did to Chrissy Hughton

One of the games' truly good guys

So it's my fault for not reporting it

Not the fault of your fans for doing it

On the level of Chav fans hissing at us simulating the gas chambers

I have relatives in Wallsend so have had to take my nephew to St James Park many years ago cringing when your fans racially abused a Leicester player, calling him a chocolate drop and throwing bananas at him

Suppose that's Leicester's fault for playing him

Why do you think you belong in the top flight?

I suppose it's all Ashley's fault

The man who saved you from bankruptcy

Never your fault is it

Makes you sound like the average Scouser

Yes, that bad
I didn't say it was your fault for not reporting it, I said you should report it because that shouldn't be tolerated and I registered my surprise as anti-semitism isn't an issue I'd expect to hear at a club with a good sized jewish community and an issue that Jewish friends of mine haven't discussed with me.

When did you hear the racial abuse at St James'? I've not heard any for decades, thankfully.

Why does my club "belong" in the top flight? Well there's no club with a divine right to play in England's top division, not us, not you, not even Manchester United or Liverpool. But clubs like them, yours and mine are global brands, are well attended, are trophied and have a proud history. We've had some exceptional footballers ply their trade in our colours, stretching way back* We've a top manager, a large well attended stadium, a decent training complex, the infrastructure, the renown, the... The only thing that is holding us back is our owner.

*Even in my lifetime I've seen one of the world's best strikers pull on the black and white of Newcastle (Shearer), I've seen one of the most underrated players deftly dance past defenders (Beardsley), and so on. You've had greats in the past too, but your time is now. In Alli, Dembele, Kane, you've a young squad of exceptional players. And because you're a big club you can keep hold of them, in a way we couldn't when our own starlets came through; Gascoigne, Waddle, Carroll, Gibson...

tl;dr you should report those at fault, the Nazi salute is abhorrent and illegal. No club has a divine right, but we've everything in place to compete at the top level, bar a competent owner.

tl;dr

I would far rather have Sheffield Wednesday, A Leeds United, A Nottingham Forest, An Ipswich, A Coventry City back in the top flight than you lot. They'd appreciate it.

Your club is a constant source of amusement because it's in your DNA. It has very little to do with who owns it. Newcastle is a goldfish bowl where no decent footballer wants to live. Even Benitez can't stand the idea of actually living in the city. You will always be a stepping stone club or a place where footballers can't be arsed because, lets face it, who would go there for anything other than a fat paycheck. Your fans aren't the 11th man, they're oppressive.

I mean that's utter nonsense, but you crack on mate. Benitez has spoken warmly and often about the city. The city is stunning and not a parochial town like Middlesbrough or Stoke. We are a stepping stone right now, and will be as long as Ashley owns us, but as with every club on the planet, there's always a bigger fish. Tell me, with Walker going to City, does that make you a stepping stone?

Have you ever been to Newcastle, or are you one of these people who think anywhere north of Watford is like going beyond the Wall?

Nope. It could be a lot worse. We could be Coventry City fans. I think the point I was making in my earlier post is that Newcastle fans deserve it. All of it.
You can't put Freddy Shepherd and Dennis Wise in charge and expect sympathy.
We had the same issues. When we had poison like Kemsley as part of the senior management we got everything we deserved.

Sounds like you had a good time, so why the hate?

I get irked with the media love in with your support, not your fault , but I did think your crowd was quiet on Sunday? Hangover??!!

Also the way Chris Hughton was treated was diabolical, but thanks for gazza and ginola in the past!

like the city though, you lot know how to have a good time!!

I remember going up there a few seasons ago, one of my mates wife is a Geordie, we were in with the locals but lost so our cover was not blown!

Anyway went out that night, it was like the last days of soddom and gommorah.......we had a whale of a time, locals were top notch.

Nah, I'm joyless, read it on here.:pochrolleyes:
Booooooooooooooooooooooo
XzK2Pl.gif

Back
Top Bottom