The Newcastle Yo-Yos vs. Wembley Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

-------------------------Lloris----------------------
-----Dier-Alderweireld-Vertonghen-----
Sissoko-Wanyama-Dembele-Davies
------------------Eriksen-----Alli-----------------
----------------------------Kane--------------------

Benitez is no mug, if he gets it right tactically, its going to be long afternoon. saying that, we are a decent side regardless of lack of signings and recent events. If we get it right, win all day long for me. We need to control the game as we know we can.

Injury list-

Erik Lamela

Hip

Erik is continuing recovery post-surgery and on track for a return in several weeks.

Georges-Kevin Nkoudou
Foot

GK sustained this injury in our pre-season friendly against Manchester City in Nashville. Recovery time is expected to be short.

Danny Rose
Head-demons.

Danny is continuing with his rehabilitation following Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), progressing well and on track for a return to normality in a few weeks.

Kieran Trippier
Ankle

Scans have confirmed minor ligament damage and a short recovery time is expected.

Okay Spurs. It's my birthday tomorrow. And it would be a great 27th birthday present to get a quick set of 3 points into the account.

Please?

How are these likely to line up?

Elliott
Manquillo - Lascelles - Clark - Dummett
Shelvey - Hayden
Ritchie - Perez - Atsu
Gayle
??

Seems pretty Championship.

An away game on the first day is always difficult, particularly with our recent record. However Newcastle are newly returned from the Second Division and will be up for it.
If we can put Rose's disgraceful behaviour behind us, we can definitely put these Northern fucking monkeys back in the relegation zone where they fucking belong. COYS!

MATCH DAY, BITCHES.

I may have been out drinking manhattans, but I've got a good feeling in my bones.

It's been a fucking delicious matchday 1 - despite Woolwich winning, they are clearly shite defensively and we all know that no league winning side can be built on a foundation like that. I don't need to say any more about the Liverpool and Chelsea results. (Man City was a fucking forgone conclusion anyway)

Once more unto the breach, oh mighty Spurs. A win against Newcastle and we can ram that narrative straight down the media's twatty throats. It'll undoubtedly be a tense affair (can't ever see St James' Park being straightforward) but I genuinely believe that our boys will still be stinging from their last trip up there.

And for god's sake - come on Harry, show the world what you can do if you hit the ground running.
Get a goal in this game, and we'll be looking at a golden boot with 30+ PL goals.

COYS
:kanegoal:

I'm really excited to see Sissoko at RWB, I think he fits RWB very well.

-------------Lloris
---Dier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen
Sissoko - Wanyama - Dembele - Davies
---------Eriksen - Alli
---------------Kane

Back
Top Bottom