The Neymar Debate

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3rd best behind Messi and Ronaldo, almost certainly.

Maybe a conversation between him and Suarez but I'd go with Neymar personally.

Suarez was incredible for a few years, that final season at Liverpool is the best individual season I've seen from a player in the Premier League. Tried to drag them to a title on his back. Neymar seems to have had a bit more longevity though and his record for Brazil is pretty insane.

Suarez was incredible for a few years, that final season at Liverpool is the best individual season I've seen from a player in the Premier League. Tried to drag them to a title on his back. Neymar seems to have had a bit more longevity though and his record for Brazil is pretty insane.
It's a crying shame that he's such a cheat though, although you can caveat that with the fact that he often gets kicked Black and Blue in games.

It's the diving and, even more comically, the rolling around that has him detested, he's effectively left people focussing on that rather than the wonderful talent that he has.

But when he's on his game, the guy is unplayable, hence the kickings he gets.

3 games in to the league season and this crazy fucker has 5 goals 6 assists.

One of the best players of his generation, easily...
Statistics in a league where his team’s revenue, reflected in their squad makeup, is greater than the other nineteen teams combined, is utterly meaningless.
What would Bernardo Silva’s stats look like if City played in the Swedish League?

Between 2009 and 2018 (The years of Messi and Ronaldo in La Liga), only one person has ever outscored both of them.

Luis Suarez when he scored 40 league goals in the 15/16 season.

Statistics in a league where his team’s revenue, reflected in their squad makeup, is greater than the other nineteen teams combined, is utterly meaningless.
What would Bernardo Silva’s stats look like if City played in the Swedish League?

Lol, Ligue 1 is weaker than the Premier League but if you think scoring 5 goals & getting 6 assists in 3 games there is ‘meaningless’ then you’re kidding yourself, frankly.

Lots of top players have played there and not put up numbers like that. His record for Brazil is also exceptional & I bet when the CL rolls around he will be bagging too. He’s an incredible footballer.

Last edited:
It's a crying shame that he's such a cheat though, although you can caveat that with the fact that he often gets kicked Black and Blue in games.

It's the diving and, even more comically, the rolling around that has him detested, he's effectively left people focussing on that rather than the wonderful talent that he has.

But when he's on his game, the guy is unplayable, hence the kickings he gets.

Oh he’s a petulant child for sure.

But yes, an exceptional footballer too. At every level he’s played at. I think some people let their dislike of him cloud their ability to rate him properly.

funny to read the debate about how rubbish Neymar is back a few months ago who is now arguably the best player on the planet right now.

16 goals created/scored in 10 games.

Messi back to his usual ridiculous self too playing a more dedicated creative role.

Last edited:
funny to read the debate about how rubbish Neymar is back a few months ago who is now arguably the best player on the planet right now.

16 goals created/scored in 10 games.

Messi back to his usual ridiculous self too playing a more dedicated creative role.

It's funny because you've made that argument up in your head.

he plays for himself, doesn't tract back, doesn't press then it does nothing for us, typifies the anti-Conte player perfectly.

Just because he has talent doesn't mean he'll fit in our team

I find this a tad ironic seeing as you're so certain he'd improves us but ignoring very basic intangibles as to why he wouldn't fit in our team, your arguments are coming across pretty naive it has to be said.

Go on I dare you to find the post where I said that.

Time to put your big boy pants on...
Well, that was easy. Consider my big boy pants put on.

Back
Top Bottom