The Non League Football Thread ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://twitter.com/WealdstoneFC/status/1736068538018742280?t=Wu03ZaW7JwYQT897RDuUQw&s=19

Hey MemphisWill MemphisWill

How You Doing Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

Been a lot of talk about this young lad behind the scenes for a while - the thinking is he is going to be the real deal.

Good luck to him!

View: https://twitter.com/WealdstoneFC/status/1736722893411684363

Academy hotshot Bartolo signs​

38cbd8_6c7ae22273ed4e288eb08e157975851d~mv2.jpg

Wealdstone Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of our Academy striker Jaiden Bartolo to the first team. At the tender age of 17, Jaiden has shown exceptional talent and dedication, which has now earned him the opportunity to play in the National League, proudly wearing squad number 25.

Jaiden's journey to the first team is a testament to his hard work and natural flair. He is already making waves on the international scene as a Gibraltar U21 international, having represented his country in 3 appearances at this level. His international experience is extensive, including playing for Gibraltar at U19, U17, and U16 levels. Notably, his leadership skills shone through during his time as the captain of the Gibraltar U17 team, where he made 9 appearances and scored an impressive 6 goals.

Back at Wealdstone, Jaiden's rise through the ranks has been nothing short of remarkable.

In the Stones academy, he has demonstrated a remarkable goal-scoring ability, netting 16 goals in just 6 league games for the U19s, and a further 8 goals in only 4 league games for the U23s. This hugely impressive start to his career at the academy has not gone unnoticed, leading to his well-deserved promotion to Stuart Maynard's first team squad.

However, fans will have to wait a little longer to see Jaiden in action for the first team. His registration was subject to a delay as we awaited International Clearance. Fortunately, this has now been received. Nonetheless, this means that he will not be eligible to play in our upcoming FA Trophy 3rd round tie against Billericay Town tomorrow evening.

Wealdstone FC is committed to nurturing young talent, and Jaiden's signing is a clear indication of our dedication to this ethos. His addition to the first team squad is not just a significant milestone for him personally, but also for the our growing Academy under the leadership of Cameron Mawer.

Please join us in congratulating Jaiden on this fantastic achievement and in wishing him the best of luck for his upcoming games in the first team. We are confident that he will continue to demonstrate the same level of excellence and passion that has brought him this far.

Welcome to the first team, Jaiden!

Im Ok Steve Carell GIF

Really not sure why D&R are persisting with Strevens. He hasn't done anything in his career to earn this much leash or to indicate he's capable of turning the ship around.

The longer he stays the deeper the hole gets, And it's not as if we're playing good football. We've outscored only Kidderminster.
The owners are the problem apparently

The owners are the problem apparently

They're not popular here in Memphis either.

I don't agree that Strevens is being thrown under the bus, though. He was shit at Eastleigh and Freund and Thompson weren't there.

Hard for me to go in on ownership at the non-league level, unless they're trying to move a club. It's not as if they're making money. Need to get their thumb out and fix things though, so I could definitely back dumping Thompson as he's been shit at picking the right managers and players.

MemphisWill MemphisWill Big news mate.

STATEMENT FROM THE EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN
Fri Jan 05 2024 , (Last Updated: Fri Jan 05 2024) [Club News]

Our ownership group has stewarded Dagenham & Redbridge FC for almost six years now, starting back in 2018 and believe we have accomplished a great deal in this time for the club.

We completed a significant construction and renovation project of Chigwell Construction Stadium including the installation of all new seats, a new team store, new boardroom, new exterior cladding and signage, renovated dressing room and a new videoboard to name just a few.

We also struck a partnership with West Ham United Women which enabled us to entirely rebuild the pitch with a state of the art irrigation system, giving us one of the best playing surfaces in all of England.

We have given back within the community in countless ways during our tenure at the club, impacting individual lives which will always remain our most proud accomplishment, especially during trying times having carried the club through a global pandemic both emotionally and financially. As an ownership group, I believe we can hold our head high that we have done things the right way off the pitch for you, the Daggers fans, while having a great deal of fun along the way.

With that said, football is a humbling game and I have proven not to be the individual to move this club forward toward promotion, despite investing heavily in our roster and caring mightily about wins and losses. On this front, with my deepest sincerity, I feel I have failed you, the supporters and for that I will forever be filled with a great deal of regret.

Therefore, effective immediately, I have decided to look for new investors to join the club and I will make plans to step aside to allow a new individual or group to take the Daggers and the club’s amazing legacy forward. With new leadership, focus and commitment, I hope that the team can once again return to the Football League where it belongs and continue to thrive well into the future.

I will always have a special place in my heart for all of the Daggers supporters I have come to know and admire, for Steve Thompson who bleeds red and blue, and for the club itself which will always be bigger than the person who takes on my leadership role in the future.

For life, COYD!

Sincerely,
Peter B. Freund
Executive Chairman

MemphisWill MemphisWill Big news mate.

STATEMENT FROM THE EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN
Fri Jan 05 2024 , (Last Updated: Fri Jan 05 2024) [Club News]

Our ownership group has stewarded Dagenham & Redbridge FC for almost six years now, starting back in 2018 and believe we have accomplished a great deal in this time for the club.

We completed a significant construction and renovation project of Chigwell Construction Stadium including the installation of all new seats, a new team store, new boardroom, new exterior cladding and signage, renovated dressing room and a new videoboard to name just a few.

We also struck a partnership with West Ham United Women which enabled us to entirely rebuild the pitch with a state of the art irrigation system, giving us one of the best playing surfaces in all of England.

We have given back within the community in countless ways during our tenure at the club, impacting individual lives which will always remain our most proud accomplishment, especially during trying times having carried the club through a global pandemic both emotionally and financially. As an ownership group, I believe we can hold our head high that we have done things the right way off the pitch for you, the Daggers fans, while having a great deal of fun along the way.

With that said, football is a humbling game and I have proven not to be the individual to move this club forward toward promotion, despite investing heavily in our roster and caring mightily about wins and losses. On this front, with my deepest sincerity, I feel I have failed you, the supporters and for that I will forever be filled with a great deal of regret.

Therefore, effective immediately, I have decided to look for new investors to join the club and I will make plans to step aside to allow a new individual or group to take the Daggers and the club’s amazing legacy forward. With new leadership, focus and commitment, I hope that the team can once again return to the Football League where it belongs and continue to thrive well into the future.

I will always have a special place in my heart for all of the Daggers supporters I have come to know and admire, for Steve Thompson who bleeds red and blue, and for the club itself which will always be bigger than the person who takes on my leadership role in the future.

For life, COYD!

Sincerely,
Peter B. Freund
Executive Chairman

Big news in Dagenham, and likely here at home for me. Freund was hoping to get public money to build a stadium for the local club here which did not materialize. I think this is a signal that he's getting out of the sport all together and our local club is likely to fold.

Alternatively, maybe he's looking to sell to finance a new ground here. But I'm not holding my breath.

Back
Top Bottom