The Non League Football Thread ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Harrow Borough relegated. Now 3 levels below Wealdstone.

Good - cunts!
Back in the 1990s, when I was falling out of love with THFC, I went to see Bishops Stortford (and their Rubber Chicken Crew, no less) away at Harrow Borough. Back then I didn't know that part of north-west London at all. The pub, which I now think is a Harvester, as you turn left out of Northolt station, and then on the other side of the road, was the most unfriendly and inhospitable pub I have ever had the pleasure of visiting, worldwide. Me and my friend walked through the door, and the place was heaving for a Saturday afternoon, and it just felt like the wild west. My friend (who was an alcoholic and desperate for a drink) turned and ran out leaving me holding the door open, which I was told in no uncertain terms to replace to the closed position with me on the outside of it.

In later life I ended up living in Pinner and still got the shivers every time I passed that bastard place.

So I am also glad of HBs fall from grace.

Last edited:
Hoping for an unlikely win - and miracles elsewhere - for Lewes FC, at Canvey, to get in the playoffs for promotion to National South. The women’s team gets lots of publicity but the men’s side is the core bread and butter - and income generator - for the club.

Elsewhere, my current local-ish side, Walton & Hersham, are aiming for 3 promotions in a row to get up to the Isthmian Premier. They have supposedly the youngest owners in world football, who in fairness have done a good job in growing the publicity and active fan base of the club. Attendances in that time have gone from under 100 to breaking the four-figure mark this season.

Huge game in the battle to avoid the drop to non-league as well with Hartlepool playing Crawley, each club being on either side of the relegation line.

Back in the 1990s, when I was falling out of love with THFC, I went to see Bishops Stortford (and their Rubber Chicken Crew, no less) away at Harrow Borough. Back then I didn't know that part of north-west London at all. The pub, which I now think is a Harvester, as you turn left out of Northolt station, and then on the other side of the road, was the most unfriendly and inhospitable pub I have ever had the pleasure of visiting, worldwide. Me and my friend walked through the door, and the place was heaving for a Saturday afternoon, and it just felt like the wild west. My friend (who was an alcoholic and desperate for a drink) turned and ran out leaving me holding the door open, which I was told in no uncertain terms to replace to the closed position with me on the outside of it.

In later life I ended up living in Pinner and still got the shivers every time I passed that bastard place.

So I am also glad of HBs fall from grace.
Saw Stortford were confirmed Isthmian League Premier champions today with a 5-0 win over Herne Bay. Back in VNL South after getting relegated in 16/17

Thanks to Ryan Reynolds for sorting out the NL streaming service in 6 weeks, after the NL pissed about for 4 years talking about it!!
Definitely brought a lot attention to this level worldwide, be interesting to see how many turned in as it was at a time today that was good for people in north America as well.
Saw Paul Rudd was in attendance at the ground today.

Definitely brought a lot attention to this level worldwide, be interesting to see how many turned in as it was at a time today that was good for people in north America as well.
Saw Paul Rudd was in attendance at the ground today.
The exposure for Wrexham and the other other NL teams as a consequence has been immense.

When I was at the Wealdstone game there, Will Ferrell was in attendance.

The exposure for Wrexham and the other other NL teams as a consequence has been immense.

When I was at the Wealdstone game there, Will Ferrell was in attendance.
Yeah saw that , think he's been a few times.
They definitely need to sort out the promotion/ playoffs situation.
Feels like a very Welsh day with now the boxing as well lol

Back
Top Bottom