The North London Derby (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he has got some talant but i cant see him getting any better. He is a penalty waiting to happen and everytime he is named in the team you know its going to be a tough watch. looks like im having a pop at him but is he a top 4 player? not in my opinion. he trys hard but i think he is a championship at best

As you say though i think Naughton played ok yesterday but thats because he is a rightback not a left back but with walker fit i cant see him shifting him out the team

Yeh maybe but at least we have a good deputy at right back, come summer Verts may go, Kaboul's knee's may mean we ship him out, that means we have Chriches as our only really talented CB so we may have to buy two CB's and a left back. If Chriches was not injured I would have him over Verts right now, Chriches hardly put a foot wrong before he got injured and Verts seems disinterested.

Yeh maybe but at least we have a good deputy at right back, come summer Verts may go, Kaboul's knee's may mean we ship him out, that means we have Chriches as our only really talented CB so we may have to buy two CB's and a left back. If Chriches was not injured I would have him over Verts right now, Chriches hardly put a foot wrong before he got injured and Verts seems disinterested.
always thought we were silly to let caulker go to be fair. should have just loaned him for a season

I wish we could just end this season now and start over. Randomitable Randomitable , can we still get relegated?

gif-fuck-everything-709522.gif

Er. Yes. Mathematically
docomospur docomospur

Descent display from the team overall, I thought. Yes, we didn't score, but then we don't look likely to score most of the time - just thought the build-up play was more productive, the pace and intensity was doubled and the effort was there in spades. Biggest disappointment was hearing WHL being owned by the Gooners. Singing way louder, way more often and sounding like the home crowd. If The Emirates is the library, WTF does that make the Lane?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...he-better-side-despite-losing-1-0-to-Woolwich

Merse on our side.... weird
Er. Yes. Mathematically
docomospur docomospur

Not even mathematically.

Most points Fulham & Cardiff can get with their 8 games left is 48 & 49. We have 53

18th place could be a battle from a number of teams,

Norwich - P30, 29pts - max points possible - 53; (but -24 GD which could improve with 8 straight wins)
West Brom & Palace, P29 - 28pts - max possible points is 56
Sunderland - P27, 25pts - max points is 58

22/03 - Norwich vs Sunderland.
05/04 - Norwich vs West Brom
07/05 - Sunderland vs West Brom

If Norwich fail to win both of those games, Norwich cannot finish above us (max pts 47)
If West Brom lost to Norwich, they would finish on the same points as us, leaving them needing to win against Sunderland to finish on the same points as us. (otherwise, max points 51 with a draw)
If Sunderland lose both their games, they finish below us (max points 52)

There's no possible scenario where we can finish in 18th without having points deducted

Not relegated. WOOOOP. lol.

The Line doesnt lie, man.

The Line may not lie, but this doesn't mean the Line isn't incorrect ;)

Like I said, Fulham and Cardiff cannot finish above us.

For Norwich to finish above us, they would have to win all of their games. This would include taking 3 points off West Brom & 3pts off Sunderland.

If they take 3 points off West Brom, West Brom must beat Sunderland

Leaving Sunderland 6 points worse off, and below us.

No matter what way you look at it, there is no statistical probability or arrangement of results where it is possible for less than 3 teams to finish below us.

:dwi:

Don't worry, if we somehow finished 4th that would happen!

"The FA has decided to award Man Utd 4th spot due to it being Moyes first season & deem it unfair on the Manchester club. Tottingham Hotspurs , who are currently 4th , have been deducted 16 points , leaving them in 12th, due to gilet abuse by their Manager"

Ive always thought he had it in him. On the right he is a smart player, positions pretty well and uses the ball intelligently. Never going to be eye catching like Walker but I like him, think he has potential.
On the left? Lets not even go there...
Never thought I'd hear 'eye catching' and 'walker' in the same sentence.:walker:

Descent display from the team overall, I thought. Yes, we didn't score, but then we don't look likely to score most of the time - just thought the build-up play was more productive, the pace and intensity was doubled and the effort was there in spades. Biggest disappointment was hearing WHL being owned by the Gooners. Singing way louder, way more often and sounding like the home crowd. If The Emirates is the library, WTF does that make the Lane?
What a load of bollox didn't hear anything from them for a good half an hour in the 2nd half they were shitting it

Back
Top Bottom