The Old Firm!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How about kick both them and their green and white fellow sectarian rivals out of European football completely until they clean their act up?

(Was going to post this in other matches thread until noticing this one).
If rangers and Celtic are too much for UEFA they should shut down all football leagues in Eastern Europe then.

RIP Fernando Ricksen. Had a pretty colourful career, but to see the way he was cut down at such an early age by that horrible disease was truly tragic to say the least. Just so sad.
Thoughts with his closest and dearest.

I’m one of the few that wouldn’t mind them in the PL and let Scotland have a fairer shout.
Rather them than Swansea and Cardiff, what’s the difference

Perhaps if only to put to bed the debate about where Rangers/Celtic would finish in the league, a lot of their lot reckon they're easily top four...

Seriously.

I’m one of the few that wouldn’t mind them in the PL and let Scotland have a fairer shout.
Rather them than Swansea and Cardiff, what’s the difference
About 100 years?

The thing is, Sammy, they woukdnt have shown the slightest interest in the premiership before ut became awash with cash. I remember an interview on 5 live a couple of years ago with a Scottish journo about it. He said it should HAD to happen. When challenged on this, he couldn't come up with a sporting reason. His entire justification was "cos the premiership has all the money".

At least Swansea and Cardiff ( and if was the FA I woukd give them both notice to leave the English structure) have that element of history

Last edited:
I think there will be added interest this year because of the two managers: one well known to the PL and one very promising Englishman. But the fact that Celtic are playing some very decent football again also makes it more appealing.

I still hate the fact that Scotland's most viewed sports game is full of Irish Tricolours, Union Flags and pathetic, sectarian bigotry. But it does make for curious viewing.

I hope Hearts and Aberdeen can maintain a challenge to the league, but I think it's unlikely.

Used to, load of us got fucked off with the bloke who runs the place. He started brilliantly, put a bit of free food on and stay open till everyone left. Then he'd shut the place up as soon as the game was over, just seemed to take our money n that's it. Also he's a Gooner.

The cock tavern in Farringdon was the best place I've drunk with them, currently in the walkabout in Temple.
Agree about the governor.
typical gooner twat.Even insisted they have the Cannon on their flag ,or they couldn't have it in his pub.
Clueless twat as well.
I use to get up there all the time, and the Cock in the market and the Surgeon in Tottenham Ct Road.
The Cock was the best one

The Cock Tavern was a time machine. Get in at 11ish for an early ko. Drink for 6 hours (that felt like 2 days) and when you come topside it's still light! Few great laughs in that place. Shame it shut down.

Hard pressed now to find a place accommodating now, that walkabout is OK size wise but the service is shite
They wouldnt let me in the walkabout,last time i went because i didn't have photo ID.
Had many a good night in the Cock with mates.Cracking pub in its day.
Nearly got chinned by the barmaid in there one sunday session.The gooners were on the box after the Gers ,and i made a remark out loud about Wenger.This doris(fit ,but scary) came storming over to me from the bar and advised me that if i didnt shut up ,i wouldn't get served anymore.Turns out ,she was married to one of ours and,i quote her here " i get enough shit at home,off yids and don't f**king need it at work" ... Brave bloke her hubby
If London Gers could find a pub in a similar area to the White Bear and it was a bit bigger, people would give the gooner the elbow. He asked us to leave early one saturday as he had an event on.It wasnt so long ago the london gers were his only customers,pretty much.
Short memory,me thinks.
Woolwich prick

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom