The positivity thread: evAngelists only

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Needs to be given license to move on players that don’t fit.

4-5 incomings and get them right, I can see the way he wants to play

Yup personnel is obviously lacking, our mentality is poor as well - we need more players who take responsibility on the pitch

Can see why he wants Gallagher now.

Never thought tactics were the issue at any point, blaming tactics are just an easy get out for the regular armchair fan.

Yup personnel is obviously lacking, our mentality is poor as well - we need more players who take responsibility on the pitch

Never thought tactics were the issue at any point, blaming tactics are just an easy get out for the regular armchair fan.
I’m a huge Ange fan and completely Ange in, but you can’t say tactics aren’t the issue. The defensive issues aren’t just a byproduct of poor individual errors, structurally we’re too easy to create against - that’s pretty evident.

We also need to widen the pitch at points in our attacking play which again is a tactical piece. We narrow the pitch down too much and we’ve seen how that impact our build up play.

In terms of selection, the continued annexation of GLC really confuses me - not sure what he’s seeing from other CMs that inspires confidence.

As I said I do believe Ange will get there but I don’t think we can completely absolve him of blame tactically here. Any team shipping the number of goals we are has tactical issues.

I'd agree with that.
The stats are decent and perhaps with better players who understand the tactics things would be different.
however some of todays defeat lays on Ange's lap, choosing Royale yet again and watching him get ironed out time after time is unacceptable.

I’m a huge Ange fan and completely Ange in, but you can’t say tactics aren’t the issue. The defensive issues aren’t just a byproduct of poor individual errors, structurally we’re too easy to create against - that’s pretty evident.

We also need to widen the pitch at points in our attacking play which again is a tactical piece. We narrow the pitch down too much and we’ve seen how that impact our build up play.

In terms of selection, the continued annexation of GLC really confuses me - not sure what he’s seeing from other CMs that inspires confidence.

As I said I do believe Ange will get there but I don’t think we can completely absolve him of blame tactically here. Any team shipping the number of goals we are has tactical issues.

We're too easy to play against because our players give up the ball too much, we don't protect enough especially our forwards hence why the oppo is always getting turnovers against us.

Our positional play is fine, our tactics are fine, it's all on personnel and today our confidence was shot - you could tell when we started the match well then our collective heads dropped when Liverpool started to get into the match,

The GLC selection yeah I wanted him to start but I don't expect him to be here next season anyway - I actually have more issues with team selections like this than tactics personally.

We're too easy to play against because our players give up the ball too much, we don't protect enough especially our forwards hence why the oppo is always getting turnovers against us.

Our positional play is fine, our tactics are fine, it's all on personnel and today our confidence was shot - you could tell when we started the match well then our collective heads dropped when Liverpool started to get into the match,

The GLC selection yeah I wanted him to start but I don't expect him to be here next season anyway - I actually have more issues with team selections like this than tactics personally.
Yeah we’re gonna have to disagree on this.

The goals we’re conceding are fundamental issues of shape IMO. The personnel clearly aren’t perfect but it shouldn’t equate to the number of goals we’re shipping.

Yeah we’re gonna have to disagree on this.

The goals we’re conceding are fundamental issues of shape IMO. The personnel clearly aren’t perfect but it shouldn’t equate to the number of goals we’re shipping.

Shape is always going to look bad if you're not looking after the ball well enough in the first place.

Our forwards killed us even more than Royal defending in the first half.

Every dangerous situation they fucked it and turned it into a dangerous counter for Liverpool.

Tbh the attack has been the issue all season. We need to coach these players better in the final third

Idiocy again from a cultist

Idiocy again from a cultist

I know you're probably struggling to read but look at the sign on the door mate, this thread isn't for utter cry babies like you, go and fester yourself in the Ange thread or make a thread for pussyholes like yourself who can't stomach growing pains, fucking child.

Our forwards killed us even more than Royal defending in the first half.

Every dangerous situation they fucked it and turned it into a dangerous counter for Liverpool.

Tbh the attack has been the issue all season. We need to coach these players better in the final third
So much for positivity then.

Back
Top Bottom