The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do we know how the Geordies are injury wise?

what kinda team they'll play?

Dubravka

Trippier ---- Schaar ------- Burn ------ Targett (Ritchie?)

Fraser---- Joelinton----- Bruno

ASM ---- Wilson ----- Almiron?

I believe - Willock and Shelvey are out.
Subs
Darlow (GK)
Krafth
Wood
Lascelles
Gayle
Longstaff
Clarke

something like that?

God I can't believe the effort that went into this.

we're not even fucking playing ffs

Last edited:
Wilson should be able to play a decent amount of minutes, might even start, same for Trippier. With those two in the side instead of Plank and Slice I'd fancy us. Last home game, fans are well up for it, want to finish high up the table, always nice to play a part in preventing a team succeed.

Best case scenario for me; Newcastle to beat Woolwich to get to 46pts and the highest points tally since our return. Then, lose narrowly to Burnley while Leeds snatch a win at Brentford and Woolwich put 5 past Everton to send them, and Fat Frank, down.

Do we know how the Geordies are injury wise?

what kinda team they'll play?

Dubravka

Trippier ---- Schaar ------- Burn ------ Targett (Ritchie?)

Fraser---- Joelinton----- Bruno

ASM ---- Wilson ----- Almiron?

I believe - Willock and Shelvey are out.
Subs
Darlow (GK)
Krafth
Fraser
Wood
Lascelles
Gayle
Longstaff
Clarke

something like that?

God I can't believe the effort that went into this.

we're not even fucking playing ffs
Pretty much, but Fraser is out, so it'll likely be that back 4, Bruno, Joelinton and Longstaff in the middle, ASM, Wilson and Almiron ahead of them.

Howe might switch it up and play a 4-4-2 keeping Longstaff on the bench and having Wood and Wilson up front, but I doubt it.

I wish I hadn't, but I looked up Newcastle Vs Woolwich stats.

We're going to need a miracle for Newcastle to get anything out of tonight.

In the last 20 games between them......... Woolwich have won 18!!! 1 draw and just 1 win for the barcodes.

That has to be one of the worst records in the Premier league between 2 sides. Even our record against Liverpool is better than that.

1 win and 1 draw for Newcastle in the last 20 games against Woolwich!!!

I didn't realise it was that bad.

:pochcry:
Frustrated World Cup GIF

It’s not just about Newcastle either, Woolwich will be nervy and that may be a big factor. Plus I just feel like Woolwich will get bad luck because when you own bad luck like Artetta did in his interview instead of admitting they were shit, players start to believe the story, that ref is against them etc.
It'd be fucking hilarious if the refs didn't take too kindly to his post-match comments and did their best to actually screw them tonight.
:levywhoa:

Feels like one of those games where they’ll have a huge atmosphere and give it a real go in the first half for their fans, but ultimately won’t care too much about the result.

Pretty much, but Fraser is out, so it'll likely be that back 4, Bruno, Joelinton and Longstaff in the middle, ASM, Wilson and Almiron ahead of them.

Howe might switch it up and play a 4-4-2 keeping Longstaff on the bench and having Wood and Wilson up front, but I doubt it.

if they win tonight I'm going to have Longstaff / Wood up front

was chatting to a Palace fan back on the train back from the match. They know he'll leave at some stage, obvious. If I was Viera I'd aim higher than goons. Would probably be in the mix for when Pep leaves City if he carries on doing good things at CPFC
Better for viera if palace beat Everton who have to then beat Woolwich and thus make arteta look bad and aid chance of viera taking over…… if arteta had not just signed a new deal…..

Back
Top Bottom