The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Time isn't going to imrpove his speed, unfortunately.

There are some players I'm comfortable pre-judging.

This is one of them (but happy to be proved wrong).

He'll come up with some nice through-balls here and there and the odd assist; but, overall, his lack of dynamism will limit his involveent.

And I think we have to play him here:

----------------Kulu-------------------
---Son------------------------Kane

To get the best out of what he does have to offer.

His lack of recovery will kill us if he's wide.
Lack of recovery? We play a front 3, are you Mourino?

You could see that Kulu was not a prem player, tho, right?

I couldn't see him working here before we bought him, and still can't.

Zero pace.

Don't care how proficient his left foot might be; we need more than that.

I'm very wary of Paratici, now.

Very concerned about what he'll do in the summer.

Too many misses already.
Kulu is a £4m loan. I am not writing him or Benta off on the evidence of a few minutes in the world's toughest league.

Sorry if I intervene after a defeat: I guess you will be with your ass turned. Jon I want to be disrespectful but let me say 2-3 things. I read too much pessimism. You are a good team. Apart from the first three (Man City-Liverpool-Chelsea) you are able to play for 4th place with anyone. I saw some pieces of tonight's game: too bad to be true, 2-3 players had a lousy level but to tell the truth Southampton seemed to me to play at a level that was not theirs, too high. They are bad nights: you have to treasure them and push! Man United have big problems, West Ham and Woolwich don't seem good to me (they also lost the forward to Barcelona). Bentancur made a good impression on me: believe me, he's great. It was sold only for now it was not the right fit for the idea of the club (recreation of a strong group of Italian national players such as the 2006-1982 World Cup)
We are not a good team.

We are not a good team.
I speak as neutral, more neutral than Switzerland. You have Conte: if he decides to create a winning environment he does it and if he is still there he means that he is "studying" for the summer. Conte will ask for 200. Levy will leave to give 50 and in the end that will come to a good compromise. Furthermore, he has already begun the purge. For the rest, I repeat: you have 3 better teams than you in terms of player quality. You must have confidence and above all awareness.

Conte in 2011-2012 made Juventus win the championship that came from a seventh place and a lot of fools. Even with Chelsea he took over a seventh-place team. And Inter, who in Italy called themselves "Pazza Inter amala", also suffered a shock with his arrival. Conte said: "I don't want a crazy team!". You Tottenham fans are a bit melancholy, you are afraid. You have to get out of this "mental situation".

I speak as neutral, more neutral than Switzerland. You have Conte: if he decides to create a winning environment he does it and if he is still there he means that he is "studying" for the summer. Conte will ask for 200. Levy will leave to give 50 and in the end that will come to a good compromise. Furthermore, he has already begun the purge. For the rest, I repeat: you have 3 better teams than you in terms of player quality. You must have confidence and above all awareness.

Conte in 2011-2012 made Juventus win the championship that came from a seventh place and a lot of fools. Even with Chelsea he took over a seventh-place team. And Inter, who in Italy called themselves "Pazza Inter amala", also suffered a shock with his arrival. Conte said: "I don't want a crazy team!". You Tottenham fans are a bit melancholy, you are afraid. You have to get out of this "mental situation".

Haha this so so true, our fans have a 'Spursy' mindset where we always think something will go wrong, it's just years of constant failures by the club and just general bad luck which has culminated on the fan base having this bottling mentality which has manifested itself throughout the entire club.

Haha this so so true, our fans have a 'Spursy' mindset where we always think something will go wrong, it's just years of constant failures by the club and just general bad luck which has culminated on the fan base having this bottling mentality which has manifested itself throughout the entire club.
I understand but Conte is different. Conte if he works on a project he does it to win. And to do so he is ready for anything, then leaving solid foundations (like Inzaghi's Inter which now seems to have become a phenomenon). If you stay this summer you will see a football tsunami.😉

I understand but Conte is different. Conte if he works on a project he does it to win. And to do so he is ready for anything, then leaving solid foundations (like Inzaghi's Inter which now seems to have become a phenomenon). If you stay this summer you will see a football tsunami.😉

Well let's hope you are right!

If yesterday is anything to go by, I'd rather we weren't embarrassed in Europe
Been thinking the same thing.
4th place is not happening this season, so I’m thinking it’s either finish 6th and get europa or finish 8th and get no European football at all. The last thing we want is 7th and have that shitty europa conference league.

Whoever finishes fourth who is going to be whoever is least garbage, which seems a bit weak for Champions League qualification but there we go.

I don't pay much attention to West Spam, Woolwich or Man Utd so I have no basis for this, but I don't think we're mentally strong enough to do it. Some of our players don't seem to have the desire or mental strength to make up for their lack of talent.

I'm not melting, I just can't see it.

Whoever finishes fourth who is going to be whoever is least garbage, which seems a bit weak for Champions League qualification but there we go.

I don't pay much attention to West Spam, Woolwich or Man Utd so I have no basis for this, but I don't think we're mentally strong enough to do it. Some of our players don't seem to have the desire or mental strength to make up for their lack of talent.

I'm not melting, I just can't see it.

I've seen this argument a few times since last night, I mean you could say that coming from behind and scoring in the 95th and 97th minute to win the Leicester game requires mental strenght as well as scoring in the 96th minute to beat Watford as well.

I think the trust lies somewhere in the middle though I think...

As a fanbase we seem to lack the siege mentality that most other clubs have regarding the media......

Fans like Liverpool & Man U close ranks when the media fucks with them..... Masses of our lot just guzzle down the kool aid and prop up the narratives being spun.

I've seen this argument a few times since last night, I mean you could say that coming from behind and scoring in the 95th and 97th minute to win the Leicester game requires mental strenght as well as scoring in the 96th minute to beat Watford as well.

I think the trust lies somewhere in the middle though I think...

Regardless of the performance over the 90; we nearly snatched back a point at the death again last night too.......

As a fanbase we seem to lack the siege mentality that most other clubs have regarding the media......

Fans like Liverpool & Man U close ranks when the media fucks with them..... Masses of our lot just guzzle down the kool aid and prop up the narratives being spun.

Yeah our fans noticeably have a collective weak mentality and embrace the bottling culture of this club, so much so the media are profiting from BS forced negative narratives about the club which our fans are all to happy to believe.

It's going to be a problem until we start winning stuff consistently.

Maybe getting fourth place means the goons will miss out know it's a bit small club stuff but it's something to a lot of our fans .If we do qualify unless we go mad in the summer our champs league involment won't last long .

Back
Top Bottom