The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But why?

We have qualified for the CL 5 times 8 seasons for God's sake lol what we normally bottle is trophies but CL qualifying when we have been on a race we have normally navigated it fine.
Simply because the moment we look like we’re going to get nice things, & fully believe we are going to get nice things, satan turns up to fart in our faces. Been there many times and so I’m always cautious until the fat lady has cleared her throat and belted out her first note.

So we are 3-0 up at Norwich with 5 mins to go. Sonny has scored one to put him level with Salah.
We get a penalty. Will Harry give it to Son so he can win the golden boot.
Could be a difficult one for Harry.
Sonny probably wouldn’t want it in those circumstances.
I hope not. Harry is the pen taker. To give it to Sonny wound be a nice touch but unprofessional. I doubt that Conte would be impressed either, irrespective of the score.

Honestly wouldn't shock me if we lose to Norwich and Woolwich draw with Everton.

I hope not. Harry is the pen taker. To give it to Sonny wound be a nice touch but unprofessional. I doubt that Conte would be impressed either, irrespective of the score.
If we're 3-0 up I'd absolutely expect Kane to give up the pen to Son. As would Conte. Conte is a serious maanger, and a serious manager knows the value of supporting his players.

We can still cock it up. What’s to say we have someone sent off early concede a goal then they go 1 up against Everton. Then 2-0 up. We are trying to equalise with 10 men. It really can happen. Just have to be massively focussed and get the job done. Don’t take anything for granted. Which team was 3-0 up against Man Utd and managed to lose 3-5??
Take your extreme negative scenario to a group chat, weirdo

Jamie O Hara winding up Woolwich fan Laura Woods on talksport . " I just went into Tesco to get some apple crumble and they didn’t have any because Woolwich took it all..” :contelol:

What about that trick pen? So kane passes it forward to son to run on to & score. Very rarely done. Will go down as a goal from open play too,
Invented by our very own Danny Blanchflower (with Jimmy McIlroy for Northern Ireland).

Disallowed by the referee, in legend because it confused the referee, but really due to McIlroy encroaching in the box.

There’s a clip here:

That bloke is fuckin painful

I’ve no idea why anyone responds to him

Should be put in a corner and left alone
Don't know why he's not banned yet. His cover has fallen off, it's obvious now he's a gooner who just wants to get a reaction here. I've put him on ignore a long time ago.

Last edited:

So long as the game is in the bag; I'd hope Harry would step aside and let Sonny have his moment.....

Harry has been backed and given golden-boy treatment plenty of times in the past; fairs fair.

Lads, just remember that before the season started, we were chasing shit like Gatusso, Nuno, Fonseca, Ten Hag etc. for the job, got rejected by Potter and Conte (supposebly, even though rumours then said that Levy was the one who pulled out of the deal), and got our offer refused by PSG for Poch. Our best player refusing to come to training, and the summer signings being massively underwhelming because we didn't sign a striker. Players that we were chasing like Kounde and Pau Torres straight up refusing to join Spurs because they didn't want to play in the fucking Conference League. The loss to Pacos de Ferreira or whatever they're called, the 3-0 tonking v Palace etc.

Now, we need a point against the worst team in the league to guarantee top 4, we have a WORLD-CLASS, IN HIS PRIME manager that wants to be here, and from every source it looks like we're going to try our very hardest to back him. Not to mention that we can secure top 4 because that fucking Scum bottled it, from running away in january to being 4 pts in front with 3 games to go.

We've come a long way, and we fucking deserve this if we get top 4. COME ON YOU FUCKING SPURS! :tobyarm:

Last edited:
Lads, just remember that before the season started, we were chasing shit like Gatusso, Nuno, Ragnick etc. for the job, got rejected by Potter and Conte (supposebly, even though rumours then said that Levy was the one who pulled out of the deal), and got our offer refused by PSG for Poch. Our best player refusing to come to training, and the summer signings being massively underwhelming because we didn't sign a striker. Players that we were chasing like Kounde and Pau Torres straight up refusing to join Spurs because they didn't want to play in the fucking Conference League. The loss to Pacos de Ferreira or whatever they're called, the 3-0 tonking v Palace etc.

Now, we need a point against the worst team in the league to guarantee top 4, we have a WORLD-CLASS, IN HIS PRIME manager that wants to be here, and from every source it looks like we're going to try our very hardest to back him. Not to mention that we can secure top 4 because that fucking Scum bottled it, from running away in january to being 4 pts in front with 3 games to go.

We've come a long way, and we fucking deserve this if we get top 4. COME ON YOU FUCKING SPURS! :tobyarm:
Exactly. It’s fucking Norwich. Like someone said in here or another thread the same people scared of Norwich expect us to play the likes of Madrid, Bayern, PSG.

Zero doubt in my mind that the boys smash Norwich on Sunday.

I don't see them playing with fear, quite the opposite, the excitement of finishing the season on a massive high and securing a place in the competition every elite footballer dreams of playing in. They'll be up for this like you won't believe.

Conte won't treat it as a formality, they'll be professional in the buildup this week and he'll be very keen to stamp out anyone acting like they're on holiday already.

No interest in the Golden Boot (not sure Son has either).

A 1-0 win off Emerson's backside will do fine.

Qualify for the CL then start handing the medals out.

Qualifying will attract a better quality of player during the summer. Infinitely more important than a spray painted Adidas.

Back
Top Bottom