The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Go look at Citys upcoming fixtures. You'd be silly to think they aren't going to win the league by 8+ or so.

They could quite easily go and win every single game up until the beginning of March where they meet Liverpool at Anfield.

Newcastle losing though does mean we're 10 points clear of them with a game in hand. Got to think they're out of any contention, if they weren't already.

Win tomorrow and we'll be 11 clear of Man Utd and Brighton too.

We put ourselves in a great position. Top 7 looking good guys.

I am not overly bothered about them winning as realistically we are extremely unlikely to finish above them . I will be more than happy if we get top four and hopefully finish not far off the top to give us something to go on for the following season or so .

Go look at Citys upcoming fixtures. You'd be silly to think they aren't going to win the league by 8+ or so.

They could quite easily go and win every single game up until the beginning of March where they meet Liverpool at Anfield.
We are just about half way through the season. Everyone has the same fixtures left except for the 1 team they’ve played twice.

Not sure the fixture list favors anyone.

We are just about half way through the season. Everyone has the same fixtures left except for the 1 team they’ve played twice.

Not sure the fixture list favors anyone.

No but momentum exists.

Their fixtures do get tricky into March but by then they could be on a 10 game winning steak and there really is no stopping City at that speed.

Any result today would have been a good one. Newcastle will get better without Europe and definitely be a CL rival come May imo, so it's good to have a healthy lead at this stage of the season.

We just have to keep up with city until we play them. The upcoming FA cup game will be a delicious tasting plate for the league season
Yeah, it's City for the title for me. We have to remain within two points of them ahead of our game if we have designs on anything realistic or stopping that.they are about to get 25+ points over the next ten games or so.

Whoever finishes higher than City wins the league, if that's even possible.

Yeah, it's City for the title for me. We have to remain within two points of them ahead of our game if we have designs on anything realistic or stopping that.they are about to get 25+ points over the next ten games or so.

Whoever finishes higher than City wins the league, if that's even possible.
Both us and city get crucial players back. If we can recapture the form of the first ten games, and not get many more injuries, then I really think it’s between us for the title.

Both us and city get crucial players back. If we can recapture the form of the first ten games, and not get many more injuries, then I really think it’s between us for the title.
Assuming they keep him of course, City play Brentford twice with Toney. No team will have had to do that this season.

Gotta say, based on the positives of today’s game, I’ve got a chubby thinking about how this side lines up in a few weeks.

Werner - Son - Kulusevski
Maddison
Bentancur - Sarr
Udogie - VDV - Romero - Porro
Vicario
Obviously a lot of scope to mix it up, with Richy (who is starting to play very well) coming in, alongside a load of quality depth.

But fuck me, that side is frightening. If you have the pre-Chelsea Werner, that team can beat anyone.

Gotta say, based on the positives of today’s game, I’ve got a chubby thinking about how this side lines up in a few weeks.

Werner - Son - Kulusevski
Maddison
Bentancur - Sarr
Udogie - VDV - Romero - Porro
Vicario
Obviously a lot of scope to mix it up, with Richy (who is starting to play very well) coming in, alongside a load of quality depth.

But fuck me, that side is frightening. If you have the pre-Chelsea Werner, that team can beat anyone.

And coming off the bench if you need to change it up

Dragusin
Bissouma
Lo Celso
Johnson
Richarlison
Solomon

Exciting stuff.

Back
Top Bottom