The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2023-242022-23
12-4-544-3111-3-740-31

We are +4 same games and +10 "same" teams.

SAME TEAM+/-SAME GAME+/-
21Manchester UnitedA2-2D10A0-2LFulham4A1-0W
22BrentfordHH1-3LManchester CityH1-0W
23EvertonAA1-1DLeicester CityA1-4L
24BrightonHH2-1WWest HamH2-0W
25WolvesHH1-0WChelseaH2-0W
26ChelseaAA2-2DWolvesA0-1L

Gotta say, based on the positives of today’s game, I’ve got a chubby thinking about how this side lines up in a few weeks.

Werner - Son - Kulusevski
Maddison
Bentancur - Sarr
Udogie - VDV - Romero - Porro
Vicario
Obviously a lot of scope to mix it up, with Richy (who is starting to play very well) coming in, alongside a load of quality depth.

But fuck me, that side is frightening. If you have the pre-Chelsea Werner, that team can beat anyone.

Richy starts in our best 11 imo.

3 home games in the next 4:

- Brentford (H)
- Everton (A)
- Brighton (H)
- Wolves (H)

We have to fancy 12 points there. Everton away probably the trickiest. Fancy us to hand out a few hidings in a couple of those home games.

and then the fixtures until April:

- Chelsea (A)
- Palace (H)
- Villa (A)
- Fulham (A)
- Luton (H)

A few tough away days there.

If we are still in the mix at the end of this run we then enter what feels like a straight shootout for glory in April.

Woolwich and City at home plus bindippers, West Ham and Newcastle away. Insane run of games.

So far this season we have delivered in the big games (except the Chelsea fiasco) so I have no fear.

- Brentford (H)
- Everton (A)
- Brighton (H)
- Wolves (H)

We have to fancy 12 points there. Everton away probably the trickiest. Fancy us to hand out a few hidings in a couple of those home games.

- Chelsea (A)
- Palace (H)
- Villa (A)
- Fulham (A)
- Luton (H)

If we are still in the mix at the end of this run we then enter what feels like a straight shootout for glory in April.

Woolwich and City at home plus bindippers, West Ham and Newcastle away. Insane run of games.

So far this season we have delivered in the big games (except the Chelsea fiasco) so I have no fear.
Nice run of fixtures.

That triple header of City, Woolwich and Liverpool with a few games to go is looking massive. Imagine we’re 5/6 points off the top going into those two games. I’ll be a mess!!

Reasons for optimism:

1) End of a season where we’ll have played 10+ fewer games than them. Fitter squad.

2) We’ll surely have fewer absences than we’ve had.

3) We play City a couple of days after CL QF 2L. We play Liverpool a couple of days after a CL SF 1L.

Reasons for pessimism:

1) We’re spurs

Life is throwing loads of shit at family and friends. 2024 has not started well at all.

So I’m hoping that Spurs are going to be the bright spot in what’s shaping up to be a truly awful fucking year for a lot of people.

Something good has to happen in 2024 surely.

WIN THE LEAGUE YOU ANGE INSPIRED MOFOS!!!!!

Nice run of fixtures.

That triple header of City, Woolwich and Liverpool with a few games to go is looking massive. Imagine we’re 5/6 points off the top going into those two games. I’ll be a mess!!

Reasons for optimism:

1) End of a season where we’ll have played 10+ fewer games than them. Fitter squad.

2) We’ll surely have fewer absences than we’ve had.

3) We play City a couple of days after CL QF 2L. We play Liverpool a couple of days after a CL SF 1L.

Reasons for pessimism:

1) We’re spurs

Liverpool aren't in the CL - is the EL semi the same week?

- Brentford (H)
- Everton (A)
- Brighton (H)
- Wolves (H)

- Chelsea (A)
- Palace (H)
- Villa (A)
- Fulham (A)
- Luton (H)

from 13.4.24 till 4.5.24 newcastle,city,Woolwich and then liverpool
+
FA cup Semi-final - Saturday 20 April 2024 (city game same date )

FA cup The Final - Saturday 25 May 2024

insane fixtures but if we have the full squad it could be one of the greatest month
of recent history 4 spurs .
dakota-laden-destination-fear.gif

from 13.4.24 till 4.5.24 newcastle,city,Woolwich and then liverpool
+
FA cup Semi-final - Saturday 20 April 2024 (city game same date )

FA cup The Final - Saturday 25 May 2024

insane fixtures but if we have the full squad it could be one of the greatest month
of recent history 4 spurs .
dakota-laden-destination-fear.gif
You would fancy us or City getting to the Fa cup semi. Highly likely that Chelsea get to the Carabao cup final as well. Could mean two massive mid week games in April and May.

Top 7 after this weekends fixtures:

1. Liverpool - 48
2. Man City - 43
3. Woolwich - 43
4. Aston Villa - 43
-----------------------
5. Tottenham - 40
6. West Ham - 35
7. Man Utd - 32

Nice to see a gap between us and the rest below us. Lookin good for top 7

Top 7 after this weekends fixtures:

1. Liverpool - 48
2. Man City - 43
3. Woolwich - 43
4. Aston Villa - 43
-----------------------
5. Tottenham - 40
6. West Ham - 35
7. Man Utd - 32

Nice to see a gap between us and the rest below us. Lookin good for top 7

Was looking at the schedule for the second half of the season and it's going to be carnage.

For everyone.

I think this 2nd half of the season is gonna be absolute dynamite for us, getting our players back at the right time, we won't win the league but it's certainly nice to be there or thereabouts and have a say in it at least.

I think this 2nd half of the season is gonna be absolute dynamite for us, getting our players back at the right time, we won't win the league but it's certainly nice to be there or thereabouts and have a say in it at least.

We will have a say in it regardless of how well we play tbf. That fixture block where we play City, woolwich and the dippers in 14 days will have a massive impact on the run in. Especially as they will all have Europe and likely FA Cup still going at that point.

But we really do have a good chance of going on a run with everyone fit now.

We will have a say in it regardless of how well we play tbf. That fixture block where we play City, woolwich and the dippers in 14 days will have a massive impact on the run in. Especially as they will all have Europe and likely FA Cup still going at that point.

But we really do have a good chance of going on a run with everyone fit now.

It's the Spurs in me but I still have the mindset of we'll go and beat Brentford, just to drop points away at Everton a few days later and fall further behind.

Life is throwing loads of shit at family and friends. 2024 has not started well at all.

So I’m hoping that Spurs are going to be the bright spot in what’s shaping up to be a truly awful fucking year for a lot of people.

Something good has to happen in 2024 surely.

WIN THE LEAGUE YOU ANGE INSPIRED MOFOS!!!!!
What's the problem Bernie? Can we cheer you up?

Back
Top Bottom