The race for second place.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So in the next three League games, Chavs, Utd and Pool (and City) all play each other, and we have Palace, Huddersfield then Bournemouth. Nicely into 2nd with any luck. Not that it matters too much, as long as we secure CL football in the stadium. Dreaming

But seriously. The points on the board look very tight. However with a full squad back and a look at things other than just points, I think we have a very good chance of 2nd or 3rd. We are an emphatically better team than any bar Citeh and Liverpool. Between us and LFC it's a crushed fag packet over who's the better team.

But seriously. The points on the board look very tight. However with a full squad back and a look at things other than just points, I think we have a very good chance of 2nd or 3rd. We are an emphatically better team than any bar Citeh and Liverpool. Between us and LFC it's a crushed fag packet over who's the better team.
We’re better than Pool. I think the table at the end of the season will bear this out.

Worry is that I don’t see the chavs’s current wobble lasting too long and a win on Monday would put them back ahead
Man. Utd away (round 28) and Man. City away (round 29) in the league after West Brom, wouldn't surprise me if they only get 1 point (or even 0) out of those 2 fixtures.

Last edited:
Next ten fixtures on paper.

fu1ze6kz6me01.jpg

Credit to unleashthabeast on reddit.

Difficulty on paper.... But as I've already said in this thread, all the teams chasing a top four spot have the potential to drop points unexpectedly.

A huge band of teams in the middle of the table are roughly measured between a European place and relegation, hence no one is sitting on their laurels and will be fighting for every point.

We're half way though our toughest run this year, nearly the full squad fit and we are looking good.
Would prefer they ranked that on maybe current league position of the opposition. Arbitrary "easy" for most of the league doesn't mean much. The likes of Burnley and Watford away are by no means "Easy" are they?

it's going to the wire... there are no easy games and we've been known to underachieve however the players this late on in the season will be focused on CL so wont be complacent. Any team is a loss and draw away from dropping out of the top four. Just hope it's not us.

Would prefer they ranked that on maybe current league position of the opposition. Arbitrary "easy" for most of the league doesn't mean much. The likes of Burnley and Watford away are by no means "Easy" are they?

Well yeah, as i said, it's "on paper". In reality ALL the teams in the top six bar City will drop more points. No clubs are safe this year even those nearing 40 points so they'll all be on it.

But now the last three are out the way you would say our run is the easiest of all those five until chelsea away at least.

Well yeah, as i said, it's "on paper". In reality ALL the teams in the top six bar City will drop more points. No clubs are safe this year even those nearing 40 points so they'll all be on it.

But now the last three are out the way you would say our run is the easiest of all those five until chelsea away at least.
Yes any model to predict results will struggle this year. Look at Newcastle yesterday.
Our run is decent as you say.

Didn't mean to imply it was your logic by the way.

Yes any model to predict results will struggle this year. Look at Newcastle yesterday.
Our run is decent as you say.

Didn't mean to imply it was your logic by the way.

All good fella. :adethumbup:

Very difficult to predict any game this season bar the odd one. Bookies must be having a nightmare.

Newcastle as you say, also Bournemouth - beat Woolwich, smash Chelsea away, then get hammered by Huddersfield (good to see Pritchard on the scoresheet btw).

No one would have seen the run that Swansea have gone on when they where bottom of the table. Watford where up there at the beginning of the season, but hadn't won this year and still beat Chelsea.

Very, very unpredictable, but we have given ourselves a very good chance with our results in the last three.

Funny considering that (as usual) unless we signed 2-3 quality players in the January window we were "definitely" finishing outside the top 6.

Back
Top Bottom