The race for second place.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we did enough to show LFC that we are far better and fitter team. We go to a place where we've had a crap record over the years, from 45 on we played them off the park, ran them ragged, but for a missed penalty I've no doubt we would have beaten them 2-1 and they know it too. And that's with almost half our outfield 1st XI not starting, and only one (Vic) coming on as sub.

We've played all our matches away from home, and we've hauled them back to 2 pts. We've got Chavs away, but they've got a load of games against teams struggling to avoid relegation.

Next up they've got Saints away and a park the bus Wet Spam Moyes team. A couple of draws there, and the narrative will move from penalties to Klopp's failings.

Not sure I quite agree and football just does not run on straight paths.

What I do know is that Klopp strangely showed us a lot of respect which I think in the first half contributed to our mistakes. Second half was our best performance of the season in my opinion.

We just need to win our next 2 games (Newport and Woolwich) and then I think the only club who will have no reason to fear us are the oil guzzling City and Spendiola.

Next ten fixtures on paper.

fu1ze6kz6me01.jpg

Credit to unleashthabeast on reddit.

Difficulty on paper.... But as I've already said in this thread, all the teams chasing a top four spot have the potential to drop points unexpectedly.

A huge band of teams in the middle of the table are roughly measured between a European place and relegation, hence no one is sitting on their laurels and will be fighting for every point.

We're half way though our toughest run this year, nearly the full squad fit and we are looking good.

The Wembley loss to Chelsea hurts. We must avenge the loss at Stamford Bridge to keep challenging for top four. A couple of weeks ago, I would do said we’d be lucky to come away with any points.
Now.......not so much
:eriksenlol:

fu1ze6kz6me01.jpg

Difficulty on paper.... But as I've already said in this thread, all the teams chasing a top four spot have the potential to drop points unexpectedly.

A huge band of teams in the middle of the table are roughly measured between a European place and relegation, hence no one is sitting on their laurels and will be fighting for every point.

We're half way though our toughest run this year, nearly the full squad fit and we are looking good.
Agree, the one thing that this fails to factor in is those fighting relegation, every single team with the exception of Woolwich and Man U play clubs most likely to be fighting relegation for the last two games of the season, probably moot if top four places are mathematically safe, which I doubt.

fu1ze6kz6me01.jpg

Woolich playing away to united on the last game of the season?
Surely this isn't allowed, and there should be some kind of investigation? :pochsmirk:

fu1ze6kz6me01.jpg

Its good but it does have Woolwich as Medium for us but hard for Man U - Skews it slightly.

Nah he's not but Merson is the biggest cunt going

Strangely, I think Merson is just a bit stupid and funny. Don’t think he has any real gripe with us and seems more frustrated with Woolwich than anyone.

Phil Thompson is, on the other hand a biased deluded prick! He wouldn’t ever criticise Liverpool and makes no attempt to be in any way impartial. He’s always ignoring the game he’s watching to watch (then react to) the Liverpool game on someone else’s Screen. He’s deluded. He talks up the scouse pricks every year, him, Micky Quinn, Aldridge, Barnes etc all complete deluded pricks who are somehow allowed spew their bile on the radio/tv/newspapers.

For me Merson is nothing on these guys

Strangely, I think Merson is just a bit stupid and funny. Don’t think he has any real gripe with us and seems more frustrated with Woolwich than anyone.

Phil Thompson is, on the other hand a biased deluded prick! He wouldn’t ever criticise Liverpool and makes no attempt to be in any way impartial. He’s always ignoring the game he’s watching to watch (then react to) the Liverpool game on someone else’s Screen. He’s deluded. He talks up the scouse pricks every year, him, Micky Quinn, Aldridge, Barnes etc all complete deluded pricks who are somehow allowed spew their bile on the radio/tv/newspapers.

For me Merson is nothing on these guys

Yeah but we've got Jermaine Jenas

Back
Top Bottom