The race for second place.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems like Chelscum also has the hardest schedule left.

If we beat Woolwich and then just continue the momentum for a while we should be fine. Imo we are good enough for it. 8 more wins should probably do it.

True true but we have the momentum, they are looking very fragile.

Your right they do look shit, I just hope we can keep the momentum up and they keep slipping. Would be great if come the end of the season we are battling the dippers for 3rd with a gap between us and the rest of london.

Liverpool are awfully reliant on Salah right now, think people are underplaying the importance of Coutinho departing. Chelsea have been so poor but I have a nasty feeling that Giroud will be fucking perfect for them. Confident we'll get in there but it will be tough

Funny thing is that Giroud was perfect for Woolwich but Wenger didn't fancy him. He was a good buy for Chelsea given their current problems, but they still lack a top caliber goal scorer. Kane, Salah, Sanchez, City. They can't compete. Agree about Liverpool having big problems if they didn't have Salah but unless he gets injured they have no worries for goals.

As potent as their attack is, Liverpool has proven constantly that their defense is a shambles and they are prone to fuckups especially to teams they are expected to win against. Its likely they will have some more of those in the run in.
The chavs have also had some real shockers this season too, and signs there point to things being a bit unstable behind the scenes maybe? We can help our cause by beating them hopefully, although even taking a point off them may be good enough if they continue to have some shockers.

We just got to handle our business though, that is all we can do. I kind of like that we are chasing, I think we can manage that pressure nicely, and if the fixtures work out for us we can build pressure on those in front. Liverpool I don't think they will handle that pressure so well. I won't write chavs off totally as they do have winning experience, but dippers I think we can make them crack.

I honestly think we broke Liverpool last night, their only hope is Chelsea continuing to be a shambles, but I expect Ancelotti will be back in charge in a week or two.

Funny thing is that Giroud was perfect for Woolwich but Wenger didn't fancy him. He was a good buy for Chelsea given their current problems, but they still lack a top caliber goal scorer. Kane, Salah, Sanchez, City. They can't compete. Agree about Liverpool having big problems if they didn't have Salah but unless he gets injured they have no worries for goals.

They struggle to score against any team that sits back and is organised despite having Salah. They only scored 2 from a mistake and a worldly against us. Coutinho will be a big mids for them against the smaller teams fighting for survival as the season goes on

Forget the games left for the competing sides. There will be upsets between now and seasons end. Our destiny is in our own hands.

Beat Woolwich this week should put us in good stead. Chelsea look a divided club, and watching Conte's presser, when asked had he " lost the dressing room " said it all. I hope they don't sack him now, as we know what clubs can do with a fresh coach coming into a squad to lift spirits and get them going again.

FA fixture mid week doesnt help, but we shouldn't disregard any silverware now. #COYS

Forget the games left for the competing sides. There will be upsets between now and seasons end. Our destiny is in our own hands.

Yeah but from day 1 of the season you can say our destiny is in our own hands.

So when united and Chelsea have a third of their remaining games as proper 6 pointers there is the chance of major shifts happening.
Add to that city playing most of the top 6 it really is wide open.
Last Sunday’s game the obvious point in case for how much positions can change over the course of 5 mins of football.

Going to be a great end to the season.

Due to those games it’s so unpredictable the top 6 have to drop points - as you say it’s whether we capitalise on that fact.

Yeah but from day 1 of the season you can say our destiny is in our own hands.

So when united and Chelsea have a third of their remaining games as proper 6 pointers there is the chance of major shifts happening.
Add to that city playing most of the top 6 it really is wide open.
Last Sunday’s game the obvious point in case for how much positions can change over the course of 5 mins of football.

Going to be a great end to the season.

Due to those games it’s so unpredictable the top 6 have to drop points - as you say it’s whether we capitalise on that fact.

Thats a fair post and I agree. My point is / was, I dont want to see us in a position whereby we depend on the failure of others to secure a top 4 spot. Momentum is crucial .. We have that IMHO. Its a rare time to be a Spurs fan as we are in the FA cup / CL/ and fighting for a top 4 spot again. We have gained ground over the past 3 years, and I wish it doesn't amount to zero in terms of accomplishments.

Finishing top 4 would be a good result. Winning the FA Cup would be brilliant. To me, we have already made a statement re the CL, so anything else is a bonus.

Its a great time to be a Spurs supporter...

I honestly think we broke Liverpool last night, their only hope is Chelsea continuing to be a shambles, but I expect Ancelotti will be back in charge in a week or two.

If we had beaten Liverpool then maybe although Klopp's character is formidable and he would ask and get more.

If we beat Newport and do not lose to Woolwich, and in addition steer clear of injury to key personnel then we have the momentum we need.

Just have to hold our nerve on Saturday but Kane's second penalty/100th Prem goal might just be the clincher. We shall see.

If we had beaten Liverpool then maybe although Klopp's character is formidable and he would ask and get more.

If we beat Newport and do not lose to Woolwich, and in addition steer clear of injury to key personnel then we have the momentum we need.

Just have to hold our nerve on Saturday but Kane's second penalty/100th Prem goal might just be the clincher. We shall see.
I honestly thought Kane trying to bag his 100th goal was making him a bit tense in front of goal and making him fluff his lines. Now he's got it they should start flowing again and finish top of the goal scorers table once more. :kaneear:

I think we did enough to show LFC that we are far better and fitter team. We go to a place where we've had a crap record over the years, from 45 on we played them off the park, ran them ragged, but for a missed penalty I've no doubt we would have beaten them 2-1 and they know it too. And that's with almost half our outfield 1st XI not starting, and only one (Vic) coming on as sub.

We've played all our matches away from home, and we've hauled them back to 2 pts. We've got Chavs away, but they've got a load of games against teams struggling to avoid relegation.

Next up they've got Saints away and a park the bus Wet Spam Moyes team. A couple of draws there, and the narrative will move from penalties to Klopp's failings.

Back
Top Bottom