The race for second place.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next ten fixtures on paper.

fu1ze6kz6me01.jpg

Credit to unleashthabeast on reddit.

Difficulty on paper.... But as I've already said in this thread, all the teams chasing a top four spot have the potential to drop points unexpectedly.

A huge band of teams in the middle of the table are roughly measured between a European place and relegation, hence no one is sitting on their laurels and will be fighting for every point.

We're half way though our toughest run this year, nearly the full squad fit and we are looking good.
see, with the players coming back, combined with injuries and rough matches for other teams (Spammer and Palace london derbies v Plastics and nomads could help us) and our sheer will of force, we could easily win 9 out of 10 of those - and if Pep turns up GW34 having won the league, that may end up being a gimme just for City to fuck over United......

Or we could spurs it up and drop behind the nomads..... the joy of being a Spurs fan, you still don't quite know which Spurs team will show up

:levystare:

Danny Murphy is definitely a bit pro-Spurs as well, despite the fact he was only with us for ten minutes and contributed next to nothing to the club.
Murphy's law:
When Liverpool are out of the running for everything, is when he turns his welcoming glances towards Spurs. If pool are competing then it's very gushy towards them and a tad dismissive (unless he talks about Dembele) towards us.

Murphy's law:
When Liverpool are out of the running for everything, is when he turns his welcoming glances towards Spurs. If pool are competing then it's very gushy towards them and a tad dismissive (unless he talks about Dembele) towards us.
I hate Danny Murphy, he talks like he knows what's going on at the club, like he knows Levy... All he does is spout speculation with an authoritative voice. It shouldn't be allowed.

I hate Danny Murphy, he talks like he knows what's going on at the club, like he knows Levy... All he does is spout speculation with an authoritative voice. It shouldn't be allowed.
I don't mind him. Don't think he's good on MoTD but I just think nobody does, it's probably past it's silly date. I prefer him on the radio and as a live summarizer (which he no longer does. I thought he was excellent during the World Cup in Brazil, at half time he did proper analysis, by that he could identify what was going wrong for a side and what he would do to change it.

It is very difficult to predict ahead. A team that is losing every match, sacks their Manager and new Manager comes in and they start beating everyone. Times it happens. Watford losing matches and no chance of beating Chelsea or do they ?
Gave up trying to look ahead and predict outcomes years ago.

Based on the schedule and how our goal is really to just finish top 4, Man Utd is going to be a big factor. Almost have to want them to get results against everyone else in the top 6.

If we do our job, like were capable of, and finish the year strong like the past 2 years, we should be fine. No reason to drop focus and lose a game to a lower team purely on a bad performance.

Based on the schedule and how our goal is really to just finish top 4, Man Utd is going to be a big factor. Almost have to want them to get results against everyone else in the top 6.

If we do our job, like were capable of, and finish the year strong like the past 2 years, we should be fine. No reason to drop focus and lose a game to a lower team purely on a bad performance.
Yep. Our best way forward is to hope Man U and Man City take care of business against Pool and Chelsea, get a draw at Stamford Bridge, and hope City clinches the title by our game. I can easily see all three happening.

The home draws to Burnley, West Brom, and Swansea continue to be killers, but if we take care of business, 3rd has our name written all over it and that'd be a nice finish, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom