The Race for the Title

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The league genuinely seems winnable, we just didn't make the right moves in the transfer market for it to be us.

A couple of real WBs and Son not doing his disappearing act and so many of our dropped points would have been prevented.
The Son situation is really big in my eyes. He’s got these streaks nearly every season, but this one in particular just seems off. Scoring in only two out of 18 games is one thing, but quite often he’s getting the basics wrong.

Richarlison and Deki being out also isn’t helping the situation. Neither is Conte’s insistence on starting every man and his dog at RWB, except for the RWB we signed in the summer.

The league genuinely seems winnable, we just didn't make the right moves in the transfer market for it to be us.

A couple of real WBs and Son not doing his disappearing act and so many of our dropped points would have been prevented.

Only this bald cunt standing in our way. No chance dude

Champions League Football GIF by BT Sport

Last edited:
Fuck all this unbeatable bollocks..... The big teeth cunt beat The Abu Dhabi Team, so why can't someone else.
81 points in 19/20 and 86 the season after. Also cant win a champions league without the greatest players of that generation in the team.

IDK what you're talking about- we did the double against these guys only last year. Pep is erratic and they as a whole are fragile. Talented yes, but unbeatable? No.

No-one can win the league whilst Pep is at the helm apparently.......

I seem to remember the Dippers doing it a couple of years ago, but perhaps I just imagined it. :harryhmm:

The Son situation is really big in my eyes. He’s got these streaks nearly every season, but this one in particular just seems off. Scoring in only two out of 18 games is one thing, but quite often he’s getting the basics wrong.

Richarlison and Deki being out also isn’t helping the situation. Neither is Conte’s insistence on starting every man and his dog at RWB, except for the RWB we signed in the summer.
Personally I think Son has been shaken by Richarlison giving competition to his spot.

I think he was loving being in a partnership with Kane, as seen by their record tally, but now it's rocked his confidence. He certainly doesn't seem as smiley as he used to be. And I think he realises Kane is never coming off unless he loses a leg.

Just an opinion tho.

Edit: I think you can pinpoint the exact moment it happened when Richarlison first scored and him and Kane where hugging.

Personally I think Son has been shaken by Richarlison giving competition to his spot.

I think he was loving being in a partnership with Kane, as seen by their record tally, but now it's rocked his confidence. He certainly doesn't seem as smiley as he used to be. And I think he realises Kane is never coming off unless he loses a leg.

Just an opinion tho.

Edit: I think you can pinpoint the exact moment it happened when Richarlison first scored and him and Kane where hugging.
Yea it’s probably playing part in it.

One thing’s for certain, it’s way more than his usual streak, or even an age decline thing.

IDK what you're talking about- we did the double against these guys only last year. Pep is erratic and they as a whole are fragile. Talented yes, but unbeatable? No.

Beating them in a one off game and beating them across a whole season is a totally different ball game. If the brilliant Liverpool of old couldn’t navigate a way to win the league, why do you think we will? Zero chance with City’s power. They don’t look as good without Haaland and a bit toothless, but still won today

Beating them in a one off game and beating them across a whole season is a totally different ball game. If the brilliant Liverpool of old couldn’t navigate a way to win the league, why do you think we will? Zero chance with City’s power. They don’t look as good without Haaland and a bit toothless, but still won today

They did (came within 1 point twice too)...... What are you waffling about....... ????

Grow a pair and don't be so wet.

Ah Liverpool. The gift that keep on giving.

1. Woolwich - +12
Tottenham - +5
Newcastle- +5
Brighton - +3
------------------------

Crystal Palace- +3
Man Utd - +3
Brentford - +2
Man City - +1
Everton - +1
Leeds - -1
Chelsea - - 4
Southampton - -7
Aston Villa - -7
West Ham - -8
Wolves - -9
Leicester - -11
Liverpool - -16

*Fulham take place of Burnley
**Bournemouth take place of Watford
***Nottm Forest take place of Norwich
Promoted teams omitted from overall table however.

Back
Top Bottom