The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, much ado about nothing.
giphy.gif

Fcuk sake, United lose, we have 6 goals on them and a gsme in hand.

We have a point and 6 goals on Chelsea.

Both teams have to play each other.

We can return to 3rd if we win.

Do our boys have the cojones????

Last edited:
Fcuk sake, United lose, we have 6 goals on them andca gsme in hand.

We have a point and 6 goals on Chelsea.

Both teams have to play each other.

We can return to 3rd if we win.

Do our boys have the cojones????
Very good point, tomorrow really is do or die time now. Don’t watch what Woolwich do, just concentrate on getting back to winning ways. If we are winning they will falter.

We still have it in our hands JUST. If there was a time for us to hit form again, it has to be now.

Well I have gone from totally deflated about tomorrow’s game to buzzing just by that Wolves win alone. This result tonight is honestly massive. Win tomorrow, we go above united by 3 points but with a much better goal difference, so effectively it will be 4 points. Biggest game of the season for me and one we MUST win now.

Well I have gone from totally deflated about tomorrow’s game to buzzing just by that Wolves win alone. This result tonight is honestly massive. Win tomorrow, we go above united by 3 points but with a much better goal difference, so effectively it will be 4 points. Biggest game of the season for me and one we MUST win now.

And it's now less pressure on us because a loss would be bad but not a catastrophe.

No more time for talk.

A win tomorrow (touch every piece of wood nearby) would, as you say, put us three points ahead of United with better goal difference.

I'd call that 'Man City away' insurance.

So basically as long as Chelsea drop any kind of points in 1 game left and we don't allow our goal difference to get hammered we can afford to lose one more game.

5 cup finals at the new ground coming up. All our absolute must wins so we aren't do or die vs Bournemouth away.

So basically as long as Chelsea drop any kind of points in 1 game left and we don't allow our goal difference to get hammered we can afford to lose one more game.

5 cup finals at the new ground coming up. All our absolute must wins so we aren't do or die vs Bournemouth away.
AS LONG AS we win the other six out of seven matches.

Reasons to be cheerful: Chelsea have Liverpool away and United (away). United have City at home.

In my opinion, we still need a win in that Bournemouth away game to avoid sweating bullets. Our league match at the Etihad is the bad result we can probably eat.

Reasons to be cheerful: Chelsea have Liverpool away and United (away). United have City at home.

In my opinion, we still need a win in that Bournemouth away game to avoid sweating bullets. Our league match at the Etihad is the bad result we can probably eat.
Wish I shared your optimism mate, I really hope I am proved wrong but our form just isn’t there. I don’t see what is going to happen to make it change.

New stadium or not it’s down to the players on the pitch. I don’t see us losing/drawing all of our remaining games but I also don’t see how we can all be sitting here expecting us to go on a run like 6 wins out of 7 either. . .

Chelsea have games against Brighton, West Ham, Burnley & Watford at home. Got to fancy they'll get 12 points from those games. Leicester away I expect them to get 3 points and let's be cautious and say they get two draws up at Anfield and Old Trafford. 17 points potentially for Chelsea should they get decent away results. 6 wins

6 wins are what we need to ensure we ain't relying on a fluke. If only we'd not tried to go for wins against Burnley away, Southampton away and Wolves at home and settled for draws in each. You live and you learn hey, hindsight ant all of that but we're Spurs, we can't settle for draws like others choose to

Wish I shared your optimism mate, I really hope I am proved wrong but our form just isn’t there. I don’t see what is going to happen to make it change.

New stadium or not it’s down to the players on the pitch. I don’t see us losing/drawing all of our remaining games but I also don’t see how we can all be sitting here expecting us to go on a run like 6 wins out of 7 either. . .
I mean, I never said that we'd pull it off.
:adegrin2:

I am optimistic about tomorrow and the next few home games though.

We're in a rut, results-wise, and even if it could backfire I think we needed this to be the moment to go into the new stadium.

Anybody else feeling more confident now after that United loss? LOL.

I swear to god, it only takes one glimmer of hope to turn me into a delusional optimist again, it’s the hope that kills you though isn’t it? Fuck it, we are going to win every remaining fixture.

But, if Crystal Palace beat us tomorrow I will be in this thread, again, moaning that we are fucked, again.

I love spurs.

Back
Top Bottom