The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we have 1 point from our last 5 (which should really be 0 had we not been lucky scum missed last min pen). And now, as if by magic, this shower of shite, that can't beat Burnley or Soton are gonna win every game. Do me a favour. Most teams struggle when they get to a new ground.

Lucky to get 6 points for the rest of the season. And the CL QF could be utterly brutal embarrassment. May be best not to be in CL for a few years to hide our shame.
Who the fuck is this micro-penis?

Still not convinced by Woolwich. They are not all that and the fans were pi*** and moaning about Emery only a few months ago. A few home wins against relegation fodder and suddenly they are Barcelona. They are no different to any other season, as they always used to win their home games against the lower teams but struggled away from home. It’s no different this season and I see Woolwich dropping off. I think Chelsea and United have more chance of top 4.
You are right about the home/away form of the scum. They have only won 5 away games all season (they are 10th in the away from this season, 11th last season) which bodes well as most (5) of their remaining games are away from home. Also, most still have something to fight for (Everton, Watford, Wolves & Leicester all still competing for EL spot. Palace, Brighton & Burnley will probably not be safe when they play them.

Whilst we too face Palace (tomorrow), Brighton & Everton I hope that a full house and a noisy Lane is enough to lift the boys but it is home and will be better than any feeling at Wembley. City is a big ask but we are absolutely not the disaster of a side many are bleating on about here. And West Ham are safe but it is their 2nd biggest game of the year so never know what you get from them but I get the feeling that Pellegrini is safe in his job and isn't the type of egotist manager that is bothered about their rivalry with us (looks more strategic and long term, than just beating Spurs). Bournemouth are safe.

Chelsea looks like a side not enjoying their games, without Hazard they are lost. I think they have difficult run in, if they are not motivated they will struggle (even with Hazard), fans also booing your side doesn't help when you need performances.

Utd isn't a good side, contrary to media opinion they are still playing like Leicester. Their run in has some tough games but I do feel that this suits them better. One thing they do have is a far better collective attitude than Chelsea, this might see them edge above Chelsea.

Wolves seem to be on their holidays to be honest and will likely go all out for the FA Cup which is this weekend, so it'd be hard to expect anything from them tonight at home to United.

But we can hope

Woolwich away fixtures are tricky-if we get off to a good start and wipe the last month from memory we can hang on to a cl place. We absolutely have to, its put up or shut up time for some of these players-I genuinely think there are quite a few playing for their futures.

Sorry, winners! Let me just quote all the stuff we've won under Poch....

1. .... nothing

2. nothing

3. more nothing

4. even more nothing, but we were close to winning, but we didn't because we LOST.

5. nothing again.

6 absolutely nothing.

What a bunch of WINNERS we are.

Let's keep winning lads. I'm loving the winning. Almost sick of winning so much.

tenor.gif

Something struck me on the train this morning regarding our last 10-15 minutes of matches this season, particularly over the past 5 league games. The goals/ chances we are allowing:

Burnley - Barnes scored 83rd minute - Lost
Chelsea - Trippier own goal 84th minute - Lost
Woolwich - Aubmeyang penalty conceded 90th minute - drew, could have lost
Southampton - Valery scored 76th minute - lost
Southampton - Ward-Prowse scored 81st minute - lost
Liverpool - Alderweireld own goal 90th minute - lost

Watford - Cathcart scored 76th minute - lost
Inter Milan - Icardi scored 85th minute - lost
Inter Milan - Vecino scored 90th minute - lost
Barcelona - Messi scored 90th minute - lost, were already losing
PSV - De Jong scored 87th minute - drew
Watford in the Carabao Cup 90th minute - drew, went through on penalties
Brighton - Knockaert scored 90th minute - won
Chelsea - Giroud scored 85th minute - won
Wolves - Jimenez scored 79th minute - won
Wolves - Jimenez scored 83rd minute - lost
Wolves - Costa scored 87th minute - lost
Woolwich - Lacazette scored 75th minute - lost
Woolwich - Torreira scored 77th minute - lost

We've conceded 19 goals in the final 15 minutes of games, 14 of which have come in the final 7-9 minutes of the match.

Before these goals went in our matches were shaping up as the following:

Wins - 7
Draws - 6
Losses - 2

With these goals conceded our actual results led to these games ending up as:

Wins - 3
Draws - 3
Losses - 9

Take away Champions League & cup games, if we'd been better in the final 15 minutes of matches and just seen the game out better we'd have got an extra 8 points. I know we've scored late ones as well, notably in games vs Burnley, Newcastle, Watford & Leciester but game management has seen us win 4 games less than we could and should have, draw 3 games less and lose 7 games more with 10-15 minutes left based on all our late conceded goals.

6 of our League losses have come with goals conceded in the last 15 minutes. Pretty interesting to see as without those losses the numbers would look far, far better.

If our game management had been better we realistically could be sitting on just 4 defeats in the league this season. 6 league losses and 8 points dropped from leading positions at the business end of matches. The players need to do better that's nowhere near good enough for a top 4 team.

Last edited:
There are fans and there are delusional fans. Lots of delusionals on here.

I said on another forum 4 weeks ago we'd be behind the Scum in a few weeks. The delusionals on there got angry. Told me to fuck off etc. And yet, here we are. Below the Scum having blown an 11 point lead.

I'd like to be a shit for brains delusional. I really would. But unfortunately for me, I have a brain.

I would love for us to beat Palace. But it will be a hard game. The delusionals honestly believe that a team that has 1 point from 15 (lucky to have that point) will just "win all our remaining games bar City". Hahahaha.

All we have to do is play - and because it is a new ground, we will win. BULLSHIT.

The delusion runs high in the happy clappy delusionals. Lose to Palace and draw Huddersfield - and soon the new stadium will be a curse. We'll all be pining for Wembley!!
No you idiot but we’re hopeful because we actually PLAYED BETTER in the Liverpool game than in any last 5-6 games so why the fuck shouldn’t we believe that we can win against Palace? Listen how about you fuck off to Woolwich Mania and have a wank there if you keep insisting we’re deluded. Fucking mug

Why would I change teams? I'm stuck with these losers for life.

I have found peace in the fact that I will never know what it's like to win the league or the CL. An FA cup is as good as it will ever get for us - if we can get past a pissing semi final that is.
“Why would I change teams’ your making it pretty fucking obvious why you should?

It's sad for Palace that they have no say in tomorrow's game at all. They are just sacrificial fodder to be laid at the alter of the Mighty "1 point in 15" Spurs.

We just turn up and win tomorrow. That's it.

Just appear and the points are ours.

Why? Because..... Spurs.
We’ve to play somebody first at home! If not Palace,Burnley if not them somebody else and why the fuck wouldn’t we want to be confident if we’re just going to give up cos we ain’t playing well then what’s the point? City in the champions league is the same if we are beat before we are even on the park....somebody switch the lights of on your way out and can we give the stadium back please ffs.....

Back
Top Bottom