The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Two weeks since the injury. I bet the physios are working on him in the pool.

Or am I being wishful?

It's Harry Kane - he probably thinks he's fit already.

I personally think we'll see him before the season ends (whether that's a bench appearance against Everton or a Chapions League final, I don't know).

I also think he travels with England for the Nations League too.

Just give him a fucking break already. He's not been properly fit for a long time now. Best thing for the club and him is to let him heal over the summer and have a proper preseason. We have shown we cope perfectly well without him. I'd rather have him back firing at the start of next season than risk aggravating an injury that seems to have been tweaked for the last 2 seasons now.

Just give him a fucking break already. He's not been properly fit for a long time now. Best thing for the club and him is to let him heal over the summer and have a proper preseason. We have shown we cope perfectly well without him. I'd rather have him back firing at the start of next season than risk aggravating an injury that seems to have been tweaked for the last 2 seasons now.

Would you still feel the same if we make the Champions League final? I know I wouldn't

This weekend could have been a lot worse. Losing to Citeh was balanced by The Scum losing to Palace and ManYoo getting battered by Everton. Chelski only got a point.

Ordinarily our remaining games should be winnable, but I don’t envy Poch having to use the squad for the league games versus the CL semi.

As of right now?

Out for the season.
I found out that the CL final is on the 1st of June.

Then had to flagellate myself for even daring to have certain thoughts about it being long enough for a certain person's ankle to heal... or about even getting there in the first place...

tenor.gif

It's Harry Kane - he probably thinks he's fit already.

I personally think we'll see him before the season ends (whether that's a bench appearance against Everton or a Chapions League final, I don't know).

I also think he travels with England for the Nations League too.
Will play 20 minutes in the Champions League final and score our winner.

Honestly I would if he wasnt adding anything to the team. And with the exception of the Dortmund away game I dont feel hes added a huge amount since he came back. Certainly nothing that son wasnt doing for us anyway.

Look at the fixture we had when Son had his purple patch in Kane's absence though. Fulham, Leicester at home and Newcastle at home. If Harry is close to match fit and we make it to the final he simply has to be included

If Kane is 80% or better he has to play. We all know this, but his hold up and passing are vastly underrated, and the attention he'll draw just being on the pitch helps others get into space. There's no chance he sits if he's anywhere near fit, particularly if we're talking about a certain CL match that takes place in Madrid the first of June.

Look at the fixture we had when Son had his purple patch in Kane's absence though. Fulham, Leicester at home and Newcastle at home. If Harry is close to match fit and we make it to the final he simply has to be included

I agree they were v winnable games but without son no way we would have won them. And let's be honest sons goal vs Leicester at 2 1 to make it 3 1 to us was critical and relied on his pace when we looked certain to give them an equaliser.

If kane comes back fighting fit absolutely must be involved but I just cant see it in such a short window. I hope he does, dont get me wrong. But I'd hate to see him get a more serious knock again just because we are rushing him back.

This weekend could have been a lot worse. Losing to Citeh was balanced by The Scum losing to Palace and ManYoo getting battered by Everton. Chelski only got a point.

Ordinarily our remaining games should be winnable, but I don’t envy Poch having to use the squad for the league games versus the CL semi.

I would counter and say the weekend, in football terms could not have been much better.

I hope Kane is kept away from a football pitch until he is properly healed this time.
Yes, he’s our talisman, Roy of the Rovers, Cyborg, whatever, but I think he needs a good long break to make sure that his health and fitness are both in top order. If he comes back for us, you can guarantee it will be another summer away with England and not enough of a break. Can’t help but feel that he’s never given himself enough time to recover fully from injuries because of his burning drive and ambition.
As much as I’d love him to be fully fit and ready to play some part in the remainder of our season, I’d much prefer him to have a good rest while he needs it and be absolutely firing from the first minute of the first game next season. He has his golden boot crown to reclaim & trophies to help us win

Would you still feel the same if we make the Champions League final? I know I wouldn't
It’s such a difficult one. I wouldn’t want him damaging himself again and being out for any part of next season.
Of course we’d want a fully fit Harry Kane playing in every game between now and 1st June.
But not at the risk of long term damage to ankles that are clearly causing him repeat issues.

It’s such a difficult one. I wouldn’t want him damaging himself again and being out for any part of next season.
Of course we’d want a fully fit Harry Kane playing in every game between now and 1st June.
But not at the risk of long term damage to ankles that are clearly causing him repeat issues.

My view is that it's not a difficult one at all, we're counting on 6-7 more years of Harry Kane, this is a repeat issue and it's time for him to get himself right.

That conclusion is eased considerably by the fact that playing with half-fit Kane is some of the worst we've seen Spurs in recent years. If he's hobbling around without his usual movement and explosiveness, we're better off without him, we've consistently proven that.

Kane in his pomp is one of the best players in the world. Gimpy one-legged Kane has been definitively pushed out of our best XI by Son's emergence.

Back
Top Bottom