The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry, I was making light of it too much probably, in seriousness if someone is going too far then you can report it to the police if someone on the net is for real harassing you. I think it is taken more seriously nowadays but I've no idea of the details in this case.

No problem. Water under the bridge. All on ignore.

Let's move on the Saturday.

Afraid this is neither funny nor interesting. Please go ahead and contact whoever you wish.

Can you point to any of those words I used which constitute 'harassment'. You may resent it but it doesn't amount to harassment. On the other hand, I was the subject of a threat. This falls under the term 'harassment'.

Now please grow up!
simon_cowell_gif_youre_awesome_the_x_factor_happy_sigh.gif

Sorry. You’re wrong.
S4 Harassment is threatening
S2 Harassment is non threatening
Both require a course of conduct which you know or ought to know would cause harassment to the victim.

There’s also racially aggravated harassment (S2 or S4) and Malicious Communications Act 1988 (racial or non racial depending on whether S145 CJA 2003 applies)
We can also throw in s127 Communications Act 2003 if we are looking at the whole gamut of possibilities.

I have no beef with you, but be careful about making complaints about the behaviour of people on a forum when you then call other people yanks & imbeciles in a post of your own.
Just an opinion, mind.

1) Calling someone a 'Yank' constitutes harassment? It's about as abusive as calling someone a Limey or Aussie. Surely you're not being serious?
2) I called no one an 'imbecile'. I referred to the inbecilic forum name that the individual bestowed upon himself when he signed up to the forum.

As I said. I was subject to a written threat.

1) Calling someone a 'Yank' constitutes harassment? It's about as abusive as calling someone a Limey or Aussie. Surely you're not being serious?
2) I called no one an 'imbecile'. I referred to the inbecilic forum name that the individual bestowed upon himself when he signed up to the forum.

As I said. I was subject to a written threat.
Yank, in the manner you said it, could easily be perceived as racist. Look up the caselaw under the 1998 Crime & Disorder Act if you don’t accept it and tell me then if I’m being serious.
You suggested the poster was an imbecile. That how I perceived it.
Like I said, I’ve no beef with you.
But people In glass houses should at least see the stones coming.
As an aside- do you perceive it as a credible threat?
Or just someone being a dick on the internet?

Or just someone being a dick on the internet?

Yes. Hiding behind his VPN.

No suggestion that the poster was an imbecile. After he suggested I was 12 (I'm not), I suggested that he was closer to this age due to his imbecilic forum name.

As for 'Yank' being racist. This now prohibits other words that infer ethnicity or member of a specific group? Taffy, Geordie, Manc, Aussie etc?

I do take you point about glass houses.

Anyway all on Ignore and we can get back to discussing our club?

Last edited:
So not a credible threat?
In which case, you really need to let this go because as decent a poster as you are, it could get very embarrassing.
Google “category 4 social media guidance”
Unless it’s a credible threat, you are pissing in the wind by keep resurrecting this.
Again, just an opinion.

As for 'Yank' being racist. This now prohibits other words that infer ethnicity or member of a specific group? Taffy, Geordie, Manc, Aussie etc?
Context.
If used pejoratively, of course it’s racist
Call a welsh person a “taffy cunt” and punch them, it’s a racist assault. You are demonstrating hostility based on the persons race or perceived race. Why pick up on them being Welsh in your comment before you thump them?
I use this as an example as I’m pretty sure cretinousgoat cretinousgoat is from Wales (I stopped short at calling him a taffy cunt using due diligence)

Get a room you pair. I’m sure the sexual tension would be released in a millisecond if you sat
On the goats face)

If City beat United, and Wolves beat Woolwich, and we beat West Ham, and Leicester beat Woolwich, and United beat Chelsea...

...then we are top 4, baby.

giphy.gif

Been playing about with a predictor. Woolwich lose tonight and against Leicester and Man Utd lose tonight, we just need 3pts to guarantee Top 4. Woolwich draw against Leicester and things could get real tight regarding goal difference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom