The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you spurs fans really understand the dynamics of football? When the season started and right through to the Manchester City game away,teams had a go at us and paid the price with our superb counter attacking. Now teams who are fighting for their lives are wary of this and the dynamics of our games have changed. Our shape is more compact our midfield relentless and defence superb. At the moment we are winning matches 1- 0 and last time I looked that = 3 points. Remember your neighbours made it an art form to win the league.
Good luck in your remaining fixtures but please less of the we are the best team in the league nonsense the table after 31 matches suggests otherwise. Only 2 teams have worked us out in the league over these matches.Woolwich x 2 one with some fortune and Liverpool away. So so lucky we are get real.

Please sin bin this twat- get rid wind up merchant ?

What's with all the Leicester fans on here? Yeah you've been brilliant, real fairytale stuff. That what you want?

Fuck off to your own forums and bathe in some Leicester spunk. It's fine because Mahrez & Kante will fuck off to a better club, and Vardy will quit football to become Trump's running partner.
Just get rid-bin him/her.

Just get rid-bin him/her.
Not big on the bin myself. I'd prefer back at them. If supporters of other teams want to post on here, I don't have a problem with that. There's been some really insightful posts. But coming on here to fire at spurs supporters and bigging up Leicester is so stupid. Just is to get a rise out of a fanbase.

Do you spurs fans really understand the dynamics of football? When the season started and right through to the Manchester City game away,teams had a go at us and paid the price with our superb counter attacking. Now teams who are fighting for their lives are wary of this and the dynamics of our games have changed. Our shape is more compact our midfield relentless and defence superb. At the moment we are winning matches 1- 0 and last time I looked that = 3 points. Remember your neighbours made it an art form to win the league.
Good luck in your remaining fixtures but please less of the we are the best team in the league nonsense the table after 31 matches suggests otherwise. Only 2 teams have worked us out in the league over these matches.Woolwich x 2 one with some fortune and Liverpool away. So so lucky we are get real.
Fuck off back to fox park dickhead!

Not big on the bin myself. I'd prefer back at them. If supporters of other teams want to post on here, I don't have a problem with that. There's been some really insightful posts. But coming on here to fire at spurs supporters and bigging up Leicester is so stupid. Just is to get a rise out of a fanbase.
He is only on here to wind everyone up so why let him. Will he accept anyones argument, NO. Talks about counter attacking football, its the long ball in its ugliest form?

He just gets everyone telling him to FO, how is that positive?

He is only on here to wind everyone up so why let him. Will he accept anyones argument, NO. Talks about counter attacking football, its the long ball in its ugliest form?

He just gets everyone telling him to FO, how is that positive?

It's modern Catenaccio that they play, it's a tactic which can be highly successful in the short term - but ultimately (as Italian football shows) it kills itself as no one wants to watch it.......and without fans football dies

Over the two games you played us H & A in the PL we had 40 shots 11 on target and scored 1 goal.
You had 23 shots and 4 on target yet scored 2 goals. We absolutely battered you at ours. We staged a smash and grab at yours last season, but had the grace to admit it. However, with you it seems that it's superb tactics when you do the same.
I'd say 2 shots on target v us at, what is it now Kingpower, is pretty pathetic. Is it luck that you managed to put one of them away or absolute clinical finishing?
You had 2 shots on target all game t ours and scored form a set piece at the death.
Luckily you have been injury free, especially to Vardy and Mahrez mainly due to the fact that you played weakened teams in the cups and you have had no European distractions.
35 of your league goals have come from 2 players.The other 17 spread between 9 players.
Good luck to you. However, don't believe your hype. Your good at defending and have 1 player you hit it over the top to and have another skilful player who may have the gift to get you out of a hole.
You are highly organised. You are also clever at getting free kicks to profit from set pieces.
I wouldn't care if you won the league. It would be refreshing. However, please don't say you are a great footballing side, you aint.
Neither were woolwich when they did the same.
Pearson set you up nicely. Not as a tactic for winning the PL, but to make sure you stayed in it. Huth and Morgan could not operate any other way than deep. Simple as.
Ranieri has made one decent signing, yet you could have got Namplays Mendy instead - who Claudio also called his 'Makelele' at Monaco.
You have had your best eleven fresh and uninjured for the vast majority of the season. However, next season it will be different. If you take the CL seriously.
We have seen it with Liverpool - who nearly won a title without Europe but have done nothing since they have - Everton and Southampton.
CL league does not also guarantee you will attract world class players. Wages does.
Good luck to Leicester. Your good at what you do.

Last edited:
It's modern Catenaccio that they play, it's a tactic which can be highly successful in the short term - but ultimately (as Italian football shows) it kills itself as no one wants to watch it.......and without fans football dies
I looked it up and it refers (means) to play defensively. di giocare il pallone per Vardy- is closer to what they play?

Southampton back from 0-2 down to beat Liverpool 3-2. Gives them confidence going into the Leicester game. Just a shame there is an international break between the game. Europe in touching distance for them.

Sunderland back in the relegation zone with a 1-1 draw. They have Leicester coming up soon and that's going to be a big game for them.

Southampton must feel that Champions League is in their grasp. They are closer to top four then we are to Leicester.

Massive game between Leicester/Southampton.

Liverpool loss is also not good for us as I expect Klopp to be pissed and Liverpool will be abit more fired up.

Politely, I don't agree.
The Victims will be consumed by the Ropey League.
Now that their slim hopes of European qualification are even slimmer, I don't see them finishing the league season strongly.

Agreed. Great result today as it should mean Liverpool are more focused on the Dortmund game in the midweek.

Not that we can't go there and win regardless, they're 9th for a reason. If we're on our game we should be able to pinch all three points.

Politely, I don't agree.
The Victims will be consumed by the Ropey League.
Now that their slim hopes of European qualification are even slimmer, I don't see them finishing the league season strongly.

What a pleasure to see good manners on the forum. They cost nothing, you know!

I'd like to agree with you on the logic that Lollerpool will be focusing on Europa but every single prediction I make goes out the window so I'll just say I hope you are right, and leave it at that!

Ive not studied the run in at all. However seen the run in fixtures for LC, us and Woolwich on TV tonight and now im worried. Woolwich have the easy run in and will probrtbly go unbeaten. LC also have it easy until the end. We seem to have if differcult, hard games at any time. Brilliant today and lets hope it carries on.

What a pleasure to see good manners on the forum. They cost nothing, you know!

I'd like to agree with you on the logic that Lollerpool will be focusing on Europa but every single prediction I make goes out the window so I'll just say I hope you are right, and leave it at that!

Southampton were 33/1 at half time today.

:dierno:

Back
Top Bottom