The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah its ok if its a positive prediction.
If its a negative prediction then theirs a problem.
It's always raining where you are Scott. I feel sorry for you. Your need to share your doom and gloom is wearing - as if you're the only one with any sense. You clearly get no pleasure from 'supporting' this team, and I get you, you fancy yourself as a rebel. I hope for your sake we don't win the title - I seriously don't believe you'd cope with it if we did.

Last edited:
Just saw that Utd have their replay against West Ham on the 13th April, which is three days after they play us, so hopefully they'll have one eye on that. LVG needs to try and win that to keep credibility so they could rest players against us. Gives him an excuse for losing to us too, which they will. I think the Chelsea games could be deciding factors in who comes out on top.

index.php

Is Ozil his lovechild?

:avbnaa:

not related to our own run-in (although it does potentially have implications to our final standing), i was slightly miffed to see the west ham/man u q-final being replayed slap bang in the middle of the hammer's league games against Woolwich and leicester.

not saying they will necessarily be resting players or anything (specially as they are in the hunt for a top 4 spot themselves) but 3 massive games in just over a week could take it out of them... hopefully not til after the leicester game though.

sorry if this has already been discussed ive not dipped in to the forum much recently. bad fan i know :(

Costa's suspension has been extended - could miss our game

just looked on the FA website, which says its a one match suspension that "will follow immediately on the conclusion of the player's current ban".

Anyone know how long his current ban is for? Our league game against chelsea is in 5 games time. could he really be out that long??

just found this on goal.com :(

Costa's latest suspension, a further one-match ban, will come into play immediately following his current ban and means he will miss Chelsea's trip to Swansea as well as Saturday's clash against Aston Villa.

It's always raining where you are Scott. I feel sorry for you. Your need to share your doom and gloom is wearing - as if you're the only one with any sense. You clearly get no pleasure from 'supporting' this team, and I get you, you fancy yourself as a rebel. I hope for your sake we don't win the title - I seriously don't believe you'd cope with it if we did.
yeah, u still didn't say anything to people posting positive predictions despite your anti pointless predictions stance.
anyway. who cares.

Leicester have 2 games to play before we play again. If we are 10 points behind with only 18 to play for then it is all over. We must fight for 2nd which is something many of us would not have even dreamt of at the beginning of the season. We need the spammers to bounce back from their poor display against Palace to beat the scum next week.

I'm not really comfortable with all the title-talk (from Poch even). Our run-in is very difficult and we should keep focused on securing a top four place before switching targets. I think we can only be considered clear favorites in two of our remaining six fixtures (WBA and N'Castle).

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but at the end of the day, as much as you might hate how Leicester are winning the title, we simply don't deserve to win it.

All that bullshit about being the better team, or best team in the league, but we have not been able to best any of the tougher teams in the league. Liverpool, Woolwich, Everton, Chelsea, Stoke, United and of course Leicester themselves. We had one victory against the Spammers but that's it. Bring up City, but they are a joke. Haven't beaten anyone worthy of speaking about at all.

So, cut the bullshit.

We've done phenomenally, but for this year, not good enough. I think we will have the chance again and again, because we will get better and have a strong core. Now we need to focus on keeping second. That would be great.

Not wanting to be too pessimistic, but just been looking at Woolwich's run in. They have 5 games out of the 7 that they will probably win.
They have to play 4 teams in the bottom 5 and West Brom. Yes, I know relegation fight and all that, but they are playing 3 of those 4 games at Home and WBA at home to, only Sunderland away.
Palace, Norwich, WBA and Villa all have really bad away form. WBA the best with 6 points in last 6 games. Palace and Norwich having 3 and Villa 1. They could slip up at Sunderland.
So, it's no exaggeration to say they will probably get 15 points at the very least from those 7 games. That will take them to 73 points. That means we have to get 11 points out of the 18 to stay above them, if our GD holds up.
That's of course if they don't get anything from Spam and City.
I think we are playing a resurgent Man U who, by extreme luck, have found Rashford ( I don't get all the LVG has given Man U youth a chance as he has only played them through absolute necessity ).
They still have a decent defensive record, but now could steal a goal or two. This game is not as straightforward a win as most think.
If we draw it we will have to win all our games to reach 75 points - I am factoring a loss away to Chavs in here.
Maybe it's the in built pessimistic nature of a Spurs fan that tells me we could still manage to finish below Woolwich.

All this title talk has done us no favours really. All it does is put a bit more pressure on us and take all the pressure off Woolwich. After all it was only 3 points difference between us.

Back
Top Bottom