The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry, poor choice of words perhaps. I mean to say 'lionise' or 'hero worship', you know?

Gazza was a bit before my time, so can't really comment on that one. Difficult on the Rafa one... wasn't really an opportunity to see how our fanbase would properly respond to it, considering he was gone by then. At least he was repentant for it, unlike Simpson. (also worth noting that he didn't get love from Spurs fans in the same way ever again)

Holtby went way down in my estimations when he cheated on his girlfriend with that air stewardess. Then went down even further based on his evident footballing talent (or lack thereof).

Weird how the football side of things and personal can both be so good/bad in isolation.
Suarez seems a nicer chap off the pitch whereas John Terry is a professional on the field.

Edit: no, wait, that Anton Ferdinand thing. Err, let's go with Giggs instead of Terry.

Our players seem to be well behaved off the pitch and on it, hence no reds this season. Yes, they can be cunts on it, but only when cunted. They won't roll over for anyone, and they back each other up. Mates all over the pitch. It's part of the reason we're so good this season. Add the talent into the mix, and that's what we've got now, and I love it.

Yes - or maybe to try to keep it to just one (unlikely).

Is there a precedent for players swearing at the ref and getting sent off? Seems crazy if not.

Thinking about it - if it happens on the field of play, it's normally treated as dissent (if it's treated as anything) - which is a yellow. I suppose if it was really serious (and I don't know if JV's outburst would be classed as that or not, given the amount of swearing that goes on generally) I suppose it's a straight red.
As this happened after he'd already been sent off, I suppose they'll have to judge it on those terms. ie, dissent, yellow, no ban - straight red - ban.

This making any sense?
None whatsoever. He's getting a two game ban. Personally I'd rather he's let off with no ban (not even for the two yellows) so we don't have to hear the "wah wah wah they stole the title from us."

None whatsoever. He's getting a two game ban. Personally I'd rather he's let off with no ban (not even for the two yellows) so we don't have to hear the "wah wah wah they stole the title from us."
No no no mate. I hope he's banned for the rest of the season. They can "wah, wah, wah" all they want. The reality is (& they will know it deep down) that Vardy cheated, got sent off, behaved like a cunt to the ref instead of taking it like a man & cost them the title.
That is satisfying, no?

No no no mate. I hope he's banned for the rest of the season. They can "wah, wah, wah" all they want. The reality is (& they will know it deep down) that Vardy cheated, got sent off, behaved like a cunt to the ref instead of taking it like a man & cost them the title.
That is satisfying, no?
Nah, want them to be exposed for the shit team they are, even with Steptoe in it. Heck, loan them Messi for the last four games too. They'll still bottle it. Regression to the mean and all that.

If you only want Spurs fans on here and no genuine input or debate with your title challengers then please tell me and I will leave. Naturally that Mrs will butt in here but I will ignore him from now on as he only wants a reaction and really hates being ignored. If you tell me to leave (as it is clear you are decent) then I confirm I will leave the forum.
Yep. Kindly leave. Go back to your own forum for your Vardy circle jerk. Some LCFC have come on here for genuine debate. You have false modesty by the sick bucket load & slag off certain posters who are clearly Spurs. Close your account, toddle off. Do whatever it takes. Please don't come back. Not welcome.

Nah, want them to be exposed for the shit team they are, even with Steptoe in it. Heck, loan them Messi for the last four games too. They'll still bottle it. Regression to the mean and all that.
I'd rather leave them thinking "what if Vardy hadn't got banned?"... For eternity.
That would give me a pleasant if slightly uncomfortable trouser bulge.

But let's face facts. It's still theirs to lose with or without that stoat faced chav. I just hope that they fall to pieces in his absence leaving Poch to ride home a winner, up the inside, on the bridle.

He can park it. We'll smash the windows and climb through the other side. Have you watched us play recently? It doesn't matter what he wants - who would want to lose? It won't make any difference. You lot thought we'd drop points against Utd - smashed, then Stoke - annihilated, could have had 10. Now you put your faith in WB at our place when we're steaming? I don't know what will happen, obviously, but on recent evidence do you really see them getting anything? I don't. You boys just worry about Swansea - you've got enough on your plate already.
I think you will win. I said WBA will park the bus and Pulis will be up for it but at the end of the day the best teams win usually and you are much better than WBA - so yes of course I think you will smash them. And yes I have seen you play recently and you are literally on fire at the moment and I believe unstoppable.

I think you will win. I said WBA will park the bus and Pulis will be up for it but at the end of the day the best teams win usually and you are much better than WBA - so yes of course I think you will smash them. And yes I have seen you play recently and you are literally on fire at the moment and I believe unstoppable.

Thank you for saying so OS. However, personally, I believe you will beat Swansea, Everton and draw with Chelsea which will see you home.

Our players seem to be well behaved off the pitch and on it, hence no reds this season. Yes, they can be cunts on it, but only when cunted. They won't roll over for anyone, and they back each other up. Mates all over the pitch. It's part of the reason we're so good this season. Add the talent into the mix, and that's what we've got now, and I love it.

I'm enjoying the use of "cunt" as a verb. Sounds very right, somehow.

Speaking as an interloper I'd say the vast majority of people on here have been pretty decent with me.

I quite enjoy the lawlessness of this place.
Yes, but to be fair, you haven't come across as a cunt like some of your fellow foxes. Most people welcome healthy debate & banter with decent fans. It's the ones who come here "in peace" (hate that phrase) & then can't help themselves with false modesty or dickhead comments.
This forum is easily the best I've seen. I loitered around a few before joining this one & whilst it can seem partisan at times, it's almost always tongue in cheek. Almost...

Back
Top Bottom