The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely if you win the title you want everyone to respect you won it on merit with the greatest title comeback ever rather than due to a ref sending our top player off and this winning by default. Then again maybe you don't care what the footballing think of you.

If we win the league, then we will have won it on merit believe me.

I refer you back to exhibit A:

GcZw97b.jpg

The only person you should be mad at if Vardys suspension costs you the title is Vardy himself.

Again, without any knowledge of me as a person, you make a lot of assumptions.

All this is true BUT when a player returns towards the ref (after being sent off) using open gestures (finger pointing) and clearly expressing words of fatherless twats, the FA have no option other than to act, especially as I said, the whole world is watching. you underestimate how global this has gone.

No, I feel you are just feeling sorry for yourself. Thats you being a football supporter I guess. Its called emotion?
(A little annoying) because first you are all confidant talking it up(we will win the PL) now not sure (all miserable) digging us out on our forum, questioning our moral standing.

Yes, but its not our doing-Vardy is to blame NO ONE ELSE.

I (we) are not relying as said. I would never wish injuring on your players. Vardy got himself sent off, I will enjoy every minute. If he had broke a leg I may have felt some sympathy. These things happen in football-he made the wrong call and got himself sent off-tough.

Not me sorry-very wrong there. But again, if Vardy hadn't cheated, he wouldn't have been sent off and wouldn't have got all excited.

I don't care what you think....you are now being insulting. Where has the fair play banter gone.
Its now boarding on pathetic?
I have never said we will win the league. Not sure where you got that from. I have always said you will win it as I simply believe you are too strong and will win out. I have the utmost respect for Spurs as they are a brilliant team this season and refreshing to watch. No matter what happens to us I will keep that opinion. You are brilliant this year and if/when you win the title you will deserve it.

Unlike many Spurs fans who have done nothing but slag of LC when we have looked like winning it. That is natural as we are your rivals this year and no Spurs fans have been praising us all season.

As a true fan it is natural I am well pissed at the ref and FA this weekend - wouldn't you be. Passion clouds sensible judgement all the time. If WBA were in our position then Spurs fans would be slagging them off all season - only natural.

Optimistic LC fans will say we have 5 wins and 1 (fantastic comeback draw with 10 men against the team who beat you) in the lat 6 games and that is certainly not a collapse. I look at things different though but at the moment we have certainly not bottled it. I simply and honestly believe you will just be too good in the end and will deserve to pip us to the post. If we somehow won it then we would deserve it as any team finishing higher than you this season would deserve to win the title.

I have not slagged one thing off about Spurs. The table doesn't lie. Norwich play good football but are where they deserve to be.

It's just occurred to me that if we had beaten Leicester instead of losing to that Huth goal, we'd be top of the league. 6 pointer.

What's my point? Not sure. Just sick of Leicester City. At least the media wank fest has calmed down a bit.

Sick of Leicester, but have their social media mouthpiece in your avatar!

Just kidding buddy :dierpochhug:

I see Lineker was on the twitter last night singing our praises, hedging his bets.

Looks like the FA have decided to try and win the league for you w

Have to take my hat off you to tonight. I knew you would destroy Stoke and you did. Looks like your title now. Pity the FA and ref has had such an impact to what was otherwise a fantastic two horse race. I just hope the season is remembered (outside of north London) for the right reasons and not the season the FA decided who won the league. To all those having a go at our style of play - football is a points game and we have done fantastic to get where we are. Spurs play fantastic and attractive football and have done fantastic to be where they are. The FA have stuck their nose in along with a cheating ref this weekend to influence what was a brilliant season. Sky and the FA have what they want which is a big club winning the league rather than little old Leicester.

Congratulations to you guys and wish you well in the CL next season.

Well done to the ref and FA also. If it wasn't for them who knows who would have ended up winners.

Nothing you can say about style of play or tactics etc will take away the FA and ref have decided what happens this season.

Oh my, I thought it took more than a few months at the top of the table to become an entitled, paranoid anti-FA conspiracy cunt, like the United, Liverpool, Woolwich and Chelsea fans.

The red card for Vardy was completely justified, so was the report for miscunduct. Moss didn't have a perfect game though, as he should've given West Ham a penalty before your 1-0 counter (of course it was a counter attack) and he shouln't have given you that penalty where there was no foul at 93:50.

You're complaining, but if anyone was lucky with the refereeing it was you.

Let's assume both teams are equal on points at 77(Leicester getting 4 pts from 3 games and Spurs getting 9 from theirs) before the last game. Will Chelsea prevent us from winning the title on goal difference by letting Leicester thrash them at least 30-0? :rolleyes::D

Luckily I don't think they can catch us on GD, but I'm absolutely convinced that three points to Leicester from Chelsea is a 100% given. That bunch of utter cunts will go out of their way to help the foxes win it.

Luckily I don't think they can catch us on GD, but I'm absolutely convinced that three points to Leicester from Chelsea is a 100% given. That bunch of utter cunts will go out of their way to help the foxes win it.

The fans may want them to but as footballers they wont want to hand over "their" trophy to them.

I agree with some of your comments, but you lost the plot in this paragraph. Vardy got sent off because he got caught cheating. Cheating which has won your team points previously. It's not bad luck or a 'conspiracy', it's justice.

If we win the league, and it's a big if because it's still yours to throw away, it's because we are the better team. We have played the better football, and are far and away a better team then Leicester. It won't be just because Vardy was out for two games.

Naturally you are happy Vardy is out - why not as this makes your chances of winning more. So don't talk about winning on football terms when you are relying on us losing key players. That is just as low as some LC fans wanting Kane injured. I don't want any of your players out as I wanted to win it fairly.

Surely if you win the title you want everyone to respect you won it on merit with the greatest title comeback ever rather than due to a ref sending our top player off and this winning by default. Then again maybe you don't care what the footballing think of you.
Most of the footballing world don't like us anyway,if you believe West ham, Woolwich and Chelsea.
Take the latter ,a few years ago they hated Leicester with a passion because some of your naughty boys had the audacity to give some of their naughty boys a slap. Now they a boasting that on the last day of the season there will be 40 000 people cheering Leicester on at Stamford bridge....Mugs
So I for one don't give a monkeys what people think of us. And as was pointed out,we are where we are on merit(as are you) not because of misfortune.

Most of the footballing world don't like us anyway,if you believe West ham, Woolwich and Chelsea.
Take the latter ,a few years ago they hated Leicester with a passion because some of your naughty boys had the audacity to give some of their naughty boys a slap. Now they a boasting that on the last day of the season there will be 40 000 people cheering Leicester on at Stamford bridge....Mugs
So I for one don't give a monkeys what people think of us. And as was pointed out,we are where we are on merit(as are you) not because of misfortune.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those plastic Chav cunts, suddenly changed their alligence to the latest blue kitted, racist harbouring, transphobia hating, billionaire funded fad.

I have never said we will win the league. Not sure where you got that from. .
Your convictions said it all.

8/10 points clear, you come on here giving it all the talk, trying to take the moral high ground. talking up LC and trying to wind up the pressure on us. Coming over all smug and innocent, hiding behind, this is football banter. You want to enjoy every moment of the run in, experiencing us melting behind your uncatchable lead-pretty sad really. It was obvious what you thought and now, again, its obvious what you want - You quickly showed your true blue colours over this weekend. You are now trying to undermine our good fortune and want to spoil our enjoyment. its not going to plan as you wished, so move on please.

Last edited:
Looks like the FA have decided to try and win the league for you w

Have to take my hat off you to tonight. I knew you would destroy Stoke and you did. Looks like your title now. Pity the FA and ref has had such an impact to what was otherwise a fantastic two horse race. I just hope the season is remembered (outside of north London) for the right reasons and not the season the FA decided who won the league. To all those having a go at our style of play - football is a points game and we have done fantastic to get where we are. Spurs play fantastic and attractive football and have done fantastic to be where they are. The FA have stuck their nose in along with a cheating ref this weekend to influence what was a brilliant season. Sky and the FA have what they want which is a big club winning the league rather than little old Leicester.

Congratulations to you guys and wish you well in the CL next season.

Well done to the ref and FA also. If it wasn't for them who knows who would have ended up winners.

Nothing you can say about style of play or tactics etc will take away the FA and ref have decided what happens this season.

I thought you were alright, but it seems I was wrong. The 'ref' gifted you a thoroughly undeserved point. What's wrong with you?

I have a bit of time on my hands and I have to admit some of these comments from other teams crack me up

Swansea's forum..

'We're winning this one....leaving Leicester with a 2 point lead over Spurs with 3 games to go.
At which point Leicester will fall apart and Spurs will take the title (which they will deserve as they are the best team.
15/20 years from now, when Leicester will be playing in the 2nd tier, some of our younger posters will still go on about the season that Leicester nearly won the league....much like my generation sometimes gets nostalgic about Ron Atkinson's Aston Villa title bid.

Yours faithfully
Russell Grant.'

I have been doing the predictor thing and the things that would need to happen for us to win the title, Is that we win our remaining games. ( beat chelsea away) and Have Leicester lose to Manu ( incentive chasing top 4) and at least draw to chelsea.After fabregas's comments I am worried they might let leicester win but this would be very unprofessional in my opinion.

I have been doing the predictor thing and the things that would need to happen for us to win the title, Is that we win our remaining games. ( beat chelsea away) and Have Leicester lose to Manu ( incentive chasing top 4) and at least draw to chelsea.After fabregas's comments I am worried they might let leicester win but this would be very unprofessional in my opinion.

You've not been watching the Chavs this season? They have been pretty unprofessional throughout.

it will either come down to the wire and we win on goal difference or we miss out by 3 points.The other battles might be between Woolwich ,manu and liverpool for a top 4 finish.If Woolwich slip up one more time against a lesser opponent they could see themselves falling out the top 4.I have norwich, sunderland and newcastle having their fate decided on the last day.So we would need palace to draw against NUFC in their run in to reduce the chance of this being a survival play off for them .

I can't be bothered to think of permutations. Could transpire Leicester lose all their games and we lose all ours. Unlikely but even trying to pick results for an accumulator is like the lottery.

Back
Top Bottom